Author Topic: [RPG] The Wings of Hall  (Read 55554 times)

Offline Septe

• C-Box Member
  • Closet Otaku
  • I'm new here!
    • View Profile
Re: [RPG] The Wings of Hall
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2011, 09:54:02 pm »
A flash of disappointment came over Harold's face and faded as quickly.  He started lifting his mattock in small movements using his wrists.  The mattock only moved an inch each time.  Harold vowed just to wait and just be patient.  He hated how everyone treated Nix.  Trick him to do something painful?  That's wrong.  Nix reminds me of my granthar, he does.  Harold started to yawn and tried to stifle it.  He wasn't very successful.  Looking around for movement, he focused on the castle, just looking for weaknesses.  Finding little, he then studied the ground, his boredom fades as he starts noting various things while keeping an ear towards Nicolaos.

Offline Soulbourne

• Closet Otaku
  • I'm new here! Fear me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2011, 12:54:26 am »
((Sorry for the delay, got busy and delayed.))

Aidan watched the going on, noting the trickery and pride targeting the others did.  Many a warrior from his homeland held such weaknesses as well.  Target their pride, tarnish their honor by insulting their ability, and you could draw much valor-but also much folly.  His order had trained him to lead, and he had learned the risks of such things.  He had heard murmurs and rumors of what the black mage had, and believed that forcing his use in this way was a risk beyond drawing from a warrior who's wounded pride would recover and possibly improve them.

However, it was their best bet, and he didn't believe that such a small task would much affect one so old and powerful.  Even if he was wary, his people respected power of all varieties, and raised the masters of such things to heights sometimes above their realistic capabilities.  His eyes watched the landscape passing by, wondering what threats lay ahead.  Even if his homelands forts were of much different design strengths, as well as what many barbarians would scoff and call inferior technology, they shared many features.  Such tunnels were purpose built to smuggle the important people out if there was no point or honor in the fight, or to smuggle supplies in, or even to smuggle out raids of soldiers who could use ambush and guerrilla warfare to exact a telling toll on the enemy before fading back into the shadows.

He knew well that this tunnel, unless forgotten by time, would likely have pickets with an easy alarm system.  Likely they could seal it, but the seals were weaker than the surroundings.  They likely could dig out the rubbing if they were careful, but it would slow them down and likely they would be forced into a fuller force.  He also had seen magic was far more common in these lands, and had known of one fortress in his homeland who had been enchanted by a mage trapped during the siege.  The spells that may be woven could be dangerous, for in a confined space there would be no room to move away from torrents of flame, enchanted vines, or other horrors he likely could only have nightmares of.

To this point, he quickened his step, coming nearer to Nicholas.  "Penswyddog, I am sure you already have had such thoughts, but what is our plans when it comes to taking out guards before they can raise alarm, as well as any traps-magic or otherwise.  Assuming they could collapse the tunnel, we could always dig through-even if they collapse a large stretch, the ground would be softer and easy to dig aside.  However, the blades of men are not my concern, as Haiden and <War God Name TBA> watch over me."  He did a semi chest beat salute with the last bit, then continued.  "I know I am not to question your plans before they are revealed in full, but do you have all this accounted for?"

Offline Listomar

• Closet Otaku
  • I'm new here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2011, 02:41:03 pm »
Backdoor huh? The temple had one too. But it could only be opened from the inside. Perhaps this fortress was different. Not that it mattered. They would find a way to get inside. That was the easy part. The hard part was opening the gates, and keeping them open long enough for the main army to get in.

But these were matters to be considered after they entered the fortress, so Ishman just followed Nicolaos and Nex quietly, preparing mentally for the battle, reaching for the focus needed to perform well.

((Sorry for the short post, couldn't really come up with much. Tired... Even after 10hrs of sleep))

Offline SootShade

• Closet Otaku
  • I'm new here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2011, 04:17:59 pm »
Acan was a little surprised at Nex's outburst at first. After a little thought he realized that the old mage had probably taken his comment as a sort of a challenge, even though that wasn't quite what it had been meant to be. Acan smiled slightly as he
set to follow Nex and Nicolaos. He somewhat doubted that the mage had been that much against the idea of helping them, but it seemed he'd needed a little prodding as always.
  Acan wasn't too eager himself, though for different reasons. Reasons that he soon heard quite well addressed by Aidan. Though he believed that he had the means to address most of the magic that may have been woven into traps, he remained silent and rather decided to listen what Nicolaos had to say.

Offline tigershark13

• Closet Otaku
  • I'm new here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2011, 04:16:44 pm »
Caithair watched nex storm off with a raised eyebrow, the others may have been attempting to trick the old wizard into finding the gate, Cathair however had no such intentions, he was merely being his usual self. He did however enjoy a slight smirk at the wizards outburst, Cathair did have respect for all forms of power, but found wizards to be an irksome breed, with their arrogance and pride and the fact they always thought they were better than everyone else! Yes, the irony went straight over Cathair's head.

After the outburst he went to follow Nex when Jimmy spoke to him in his mother tongue, Cathair stopped in his tracks and stared dumb founded at Jimmy for a few moments as he tried to form a response and murmured in reply "Feicfidh mé a dhéanamh mar is mian liom" eyeing Jimmy for a few more moments before continuing, closer to the rear of the group.

Offline TheThing

• Experienced Programmer
  • Global Moderator
  • Loli
  • Living in IS
    • View Profile
    • My Personal Blog
« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2011, 05:36:21 pm »
Nex walked away from the camp and away from the castle. He didn't look back too see if they were following or not. His only focus was on finding that entrance. He tried to call back and remembering the diagram of the castle. It was hard as it had happened a few hundred years ago. Still, his focus was clear. It had been a long time since he last did something and his pain, while in agony, was far less than it used to be. Traveling with a group was definitely the right choice.

Recalling the diagram, he quickly realized which way the entrance should be and headed there. After what seemed like a 5 minute walk, Nex suddenly stopped. They had walked over quite a big hill and stood at it's root, opposite side of the castle.

"Interesting..." Nex mumbled to himself. He got down on one knee and put his hand on the ground. After what seemed like a 15 sec wait, Nex stood up. Nex turned around and found slight happiness that the group had followed him.

"It seems," Nex said in a calming voice, "that during the years, the cave entrance itself has been buried under ground. It's still enchanted with magic so we need to be careful. The entrance is about 10 meters or 33 feet if you come from the west, in that direction."

Nex pointed at the root of the hill, downward.

Nex: "It is enchanted inside on the inside and I can't draw the exact location on where inside it's enchanted but it should be close to the entrance."

After that, Nex slowly backed away. The spell Nex had cast there was a very simple trace magic, a combination of dark and earth magic. When done right, it can be easy to cast, not to mention cheap on the caster. It won't report much or any information but it can reveal empty pockets underground. The harder the ground is, the more magic you need to trace further away. To much of Nex's surprise, there was a lot of quartz minerals under him. Quartz is a hard element that can be easily enchanted. It is the number 1 common element used to magnify spells. This had helped Nex a lot in finding the entrance.

Nex slowly walked to Harold and whispered close to him: "If you could find some loose clean, pure quarts minerals, I would be really happy to get it. It could be the final piece I need for... one thing."
Living in IS is fun, except for the occasional volcano eruptions in my backyard but that's another story.
Owner & Project leader for NFP Encodings & ForPitch.
Making lolis cry since 2011

Offline InfinityStream

• C-Box Member
  • Imouto
  • Popularly known as Piddles
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2011, 09:10:04 pm »
Setsuna

He watches as preparations are made to enter the cave. Nothing in particular catches his eye. Nothing really did anyway.

He waits for the moment of action.
I didn't like all those pics in my sig...

www.fark.com

Offline Zerpo

• Rin's Slave
  • C-Box Member
  • Yandere
  • Jimmy 'Kage' Kuneto
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2011, 06:01:29 am »
Jimmy's smirk broadened at Cathair's reaction and he had to resist saying something else to the big man. After he had calmed his temptations Jimmy got up and dusted himself off. Jimmy unsheathed and resheathed all his weapons to make sure he could draw them easy if things got heated. Once he was satisfied he dusted himself off and started to trudge after Nicolaus being careful to keep some of the other members inbetween him and a dumbfounded Cathair.

SO much love...
Firstly, DAMN YOU ZERPO for picking three of my favourites.
Damn you Zerpo =_=

Offline Hollow nyan-chan

• Dragon Power!
  • C-Box Member
  • Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2011, 01:17:39 pm »
Lissa grabbed the sword and put it on her back after that Nicolaos decided how to get into the castle and started walking behind the others in the group.
When they reached the place where the entrance should be and Nex said that it was buried underground, Lissa said "So, we have to dig up the entrance then?" and looked at Harold. As he was most suited for digging than anyone else was.

Offline InfinityStream

• C-Box Member
  • Imouto
  • Popularly known as Piddles
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2011, 05:35:23 pm »
Maria (Sorry for lateness...)

She checks through her bag, seeing nothing to light the way as the group would walk through the underground passage. Her mind wanders as they all prepare for the trek.

"It's bright," the young Maria said. She covered her eyes from the blinding light that was found on top of the hill.

"You want to pick the irises, right?"

Whose voice was that again?

"They're bright colors!"

"What color do you like best?

When was this?

"I like the white and black one!"

She clutches her head.

"Just a headache," she whispers to no one. "Just a headache..."
I didn't like all those pics in my sig...

www.fark.com

Offline SpringHalo

• Changes with the seasons
  • C-Box Member
  • Closet Otaku
  • Ganom
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2011, 06:27:49 pm »
Estia followed along with the group, watching Nex confidently walk towards what seemed to be a hill in the distance.
Any tunnel that's small and close quarters isn't good for arrow combat. Esta thought as she listened to Nex explain the characteristics of the tunnel.

She overhears Maria whisper "Just a headache" to herself, and wonders if it truly is just a headache.

[Plan dialogue with IS?]

Offline Krozam

• Mahou Shoujo
  • GM of The Wings of Hall RPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2011, 09:39:05 pm »
Nicolaos turned his head to face Aidan. "The passage is no doubt guarded, yes. I have a plan, which hopefully allows us to take care of the guards before they can trigger any defence mechanisms. If it fails... well, we have Harold." He didn't elaborate any further, as he disliked repeating. He'd tell his plan to everyone, when it was time.
   Finally Nex stopped and reached for the ground. Nicolaos waited patently, until the old mage was done looking for the entrance and explaining that it was buried. His smile was almost unnoticeable in the fading light.
   "We might be in luck. If the entrance is buried, it might mean that its existence or location have been forgotten. Harold, you know what to do. Acan, follow him and dismantle the enchantments once you're close enough. They should be old and weakened, and the mage who cast them probably isn't around anymore... but nonetheless, be subtle. The entrance might be warded, and we don't want anyone inside knowing we're here."
   "Nex, please stand guard. The rest of you... take a nap. We don't know what awaits us inside, we don't know how long we'll have to run, hide and fight until we reach the gates. This might be your last chance to sleep for the next two days." The soldiers among the band, especially, would know the wisdom in his suggestion. When on a mission, sleep time was a luxury you didn't want to waste. He neglected to mention that for some of them, this might well be their last chance to sleep till the Final Rest.
   He followed his own advice, made a pillow out of his backpack, and laid down. Luckily, there was soft grass underneath, a rarity in these barren hills. He closed his eyes, evened his breathing, and cleared his mind. He closed his mind to the sounds of digging. Sleep took him within a minute.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 06:00:18 pm by Krozam »

Anime-Planet.com - anime | reviews
The Wings of Hall RPG - Do join in the fun!

Offline Irie Naoki

• C-Box Member
  • Yandere
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 11, 2011, 12:54:52 am »
As he lay's his head down, the Avian's thoughts turn to a simple fact.

Avian's don't belong underground. His thoughts soon turn to recurring nightmare that has haunted him for so long. His thoughts turn to his home.

Goldan, once a great and might city, now reduced to the small village it is now. A war he had fought in and the day he almost met his death. The skies were painted red from the flames, the only noise to be heard were the screams of the innocent as they met with the herald of death. At this age, not yet old enough to join the city guard, he believed he could take on the world. He was soon proved wrong in this deadly battle.

A monster had stabbed him in the back. As he lost consciousness he saw a strong man, one who seemed to shine of hope and power as the flames roared around him. He fell the monster with one swing.

He woke up in an infirmary, many men around him injured. He turned and saw that same great man, his own father.

"Virtus, Robur, Decus. When you feel the need to give up, speak these words." With that, he left me to heal.

"Virtus, Robur, Decus." Courage, Strength, Honor. Three words that would imbue him with the strength of the pride of the Avians.

He whispered these words until he was no longer afraid of the cave. He kept whispering them as he drifted to sleep, his last thought being that they seemed to be magical words.

Offline Shion

• Closet Otaku
  • Nothing beats a friend quite like a hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2011, 03:27:54 am »
A tunnel would be a poor place to use her bow, Fiona surmised as she studied the dig site. She unstrung the bow, slipping the stave into  her quiver and looping the string into a small oiled pouch on her sword belt. Battle was not eminent, and she still had her sword, but leave a bow strung too long, and it loses its power. A crossbow could be left strung until needed, but she considered it to be such an inelegant weapon, and thus refrained from touching crossbows unless absolutely necessary. Kneeling comfortably, Fiona wrapped her cloak about herself, scanning the horizon for danger.
I want to get a vending machine, with fun sized candy bars, and the glass in front is a magnifying glass. You'll be mad, but it will be too late.

Offline Septe

• C-Box Member
  • Closet Otaku
  • I'm new here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 16, 2011, 11:28:36 am »
After checking very carefully with Nex for the exact spot, he studies the ground a bit.  Making a decision, he backs away 10 feet and gestures for someone to check for magic.  After getting indications there's none, he starts digging quietly and efficiently.  He stops every yard for checks on magic wards.  He comes across some large pieces of quarts, some twinned and twisted around each other.  He pockets them for Nex and continues to carefully dig.  After a period of time, he reaches the point just before the entrance way.  He gestures for Nex to examine the entranceway and hands to Nex the quartz pieces.