Author Topic: Post your collection!  (Read 150396 times)

Offline Rokudaime

• Cosplayer
  • Keyfag and Type-Moon junkie
    • View Profile
    • Rokudaime's YouTube account
Re: Post your collection!
« Reply #180 on: May 28, 2015, 10:36:44 am »
I didn't buy a whole lot of stuff at this year's London Comic Con. Mostly just a bunch of manga. Probably the only thing worth taking pictures of is this new Asuna figure that I bought.

I finally bought myself an actual camera, so I don't have to take pictures with my shitty phone anymore.
Taisetsu no mono wa, jibun no mite, kite, kangaeru koto sa.

Offline Rokudaime

• Cosplayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: June 29, 2015, 12:22:44 am »
This arrived in the mail recently :-) :

Offline Rokudaime

• Cosplayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 07, 2015, 02:09:05 am »
Type-Moon ACE volume 10, with bonus Saber...strap...thing...:

Offline Rokudaime

• Cosplayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 24, 2015, 02:10:27 am »
My Aniplex Devil Homura figure arrived this Tuesday. Haven't taken her out of the box and put her together until today. As far as figures go, this one is pretty big, just like the GSC Ultimate Madoka figure (which this figure goes well with, but I don't have room to put them next to each other, and it only looks good if you don't put them too close to each other). She comes with an extra alternative set of wings, an alternative face, and an alternative arm. I went with the default face and arm, but chose the alternative wings, since I think they're cooler. I also actually prefer the alternative face, look-wise, but it faces in a different direction, and since I want the direction she's looking to be front and center, I would have to turn the whole figure in a different direction, and I don't want to do that, since the persepective would then not be quite as cool for the rest of the figure, imho. I bet I'll display her with the other parts some day though. Anyway, pics!:

Offline Rokudaime

• Cosplayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 08, 2015, 10:54:45 pm »
I feel like I'm just talking to myself a lot in this thread lately, but anyway...I recently caved and bought the Wizard's Edition of Ni no Kuni (have had and have played through the normal version of the game since 2013 when it first came out (in the West)) for the PS3, just so I could get that awesome physical copy of the Wizard's Companion (the book of magic that you have in the game). I also bought the official game guide, which is pretty useful, mostly because it lists all the details about all the familiars in the game. For those of you who don't know, while the story (surprisingly enough) and all the gameplay aspects of the game are done by Level 5, the animations (both the in-game ones and the cutscenes), the character designs, and the original concept art for the look and design of the locations in the game and such are all made by the famous and wonderful anime company Studio Ghibli. Half of the music is also composed by the renowned Joe Hisaishi, who's famous for doing music for the company. So if you're a Ghibli fan like me, the game is a must. It's really good too, Level 5 did a great job with the story, and the game has all the look and feel of a Ghibli movie. Pics:

The game box:

The game guide:

Drippy Plush (don't have any real interest in this thing tbh...):

And the reason I bought this version of the game in the first place, the magnificent Wizard's Companion:

Offline Clannad Man

• 'Key' Enthusiast
  • Global Moderator
  • Cosplayer
  • Current Project: Complete Key Music Collection
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 15, 2015, 10:05:02 pm »
Roku: As you mentioned, there aren't too many people posting in these threads, though there seems to be a constant flow of people at least looking through them.  It's fun to see what goodies people have purchased from time to time!
I make a point of trying to improve myself each day so I'll be better prepared to take on the next.  It feels good!

Offline shawurai

• Tsundere
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 29, 2015, 04:04:42 pm »
A few months ago I bought my 2nd B0-size (1030mm x 1456mm) tapestry. Usually you would need a large section of wall space to hang these up. Space that I didn't have in my room. So I opted for the other solution. Hanging them up on my ceiling.

Here are some instructions on how to get these up there:

1:
I bought these simple hooks in a DIY store. These were originally fully closed inox hooks. I used some pliers open them up to a one quarter opening. Fixing them in the ceiling was easy with a small drill and some anchors to keep the hooks in place. Getting the markings up on the ceiling was a bit more tricky. I used a laser guide to project my guideline on the ceiling. This tool makes it a lot easier to measure where you'll need to fix your hooks. If you don't a tool like this, you'll make things a lot harder for yourself especially if you need to do this by yourself. I don't have any method on how to do it without a laser guide. You could consider buying one as they aren't that expensive and while you won't use it that often, it will still come in handy when you do need it. Make sure you get your markings correctly and take into consideration how much you want your tapestry to hang down in the middle.

2:
Get some curtain sticks. I bought these extendable ones. The packages says they go up to 900mm in length, but you can extend them to about 1050mm.

3:
Just hang them up using the opening in your hooks. The I've chosen these because of the small notch next to the ball finish at each end. The hooks fit nicely in these notches so the stick won't move around once up there.

4:
Extended out this much, the stick bends down a little in the middle but this won't be visible anymore once the tapestry is up there as well.

5:
Remove the plastic tubes from the tapestry and dismantle any unneeded parts. You won't need the cord anymore so you can dispose of it if you want. The tapestry I bought here had some plastic caps at the ends of each tube.

6:
The plastic tubes here were too long. The max length I needed was 1040mm. I had to cut of 30 mm from these 1070mm tubes. As I didn't have any fancy equipment for this, I used the rudimentary tools at my disposal.

7:
Refitted the tapestry with the shortened plastic tubes.

8:
All that's left to do is sliding the inox curtain sicks inside the plastic tubes and hanging the thing up on the hooks in the ceiling. As you can see, the solid plastic tubes will remove any bending there was in the curtain stick.

That is all.

Here's the first one I bought.

I prepared my ceiling so I can have up to 4 B0-sized tapestries but you can even hang up smaller sized tapestries using a cord to make up for the difference in length.

I shall speak neither hurtful nor harsh word, but shall speak respectfully, even of my enemies, for temperate words may turn aside anger.

Offline Rokudaime

• Cosplayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: September 02, 2015, 12:17:41 am »
Man, that sounds like a lot of work! :P

Offline shawurai

• Tsundere
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: September 19, 2015, 05:12:16 pm »
Man, that sounds like a lot of work! :P

It was. Not counting the time it took to assemble the stuff I needed, it took me 2 days to get the measurements correctly on the ceiling. The rest was done in a couple of hours on the third day. I did all this on my own, so if you have someone helping you, you should be able to to get it done in a day with the right tools.

Time for some other loot pictures.

This is some older loot from a few months ago. Comic1 loot that arrived just after my B0 tapestries.

Next is why arrived earlier this month. The scale figure can be configured in a SFW and NSFW position.

SWF

NSFW

Little extra you could get if you ordered the more expensive version from AmiAmi

Here's the first part of my C88 loot (rest hasn't shipped/arrived)

And latest Debonosu eroge with preorder goodies

I shall speak neither hurtful nor harsh word, but shall speak respectfully, even of my enemies, for temperate words may turn aside anger.

Offline shawurai

• Tsundere
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: October 09, 2015, 02:43:39 pm »
Some monthly loot. I'm still waiting for my 2nd part of C88 goods to arrive. I'm expecting 3 more packages of that.

Here's a dakimakura cover I bought and vol.1 from the 2nd TLRD season.

Offline Rokudaime

• Cosplayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: November 23, 2015, 08:41:20 pm »
Shiny Days English Limited Edition. I've had this for a while now, but I had laser surgery on my eyes last month, so I haven't bothered to take pictures of this and upload them until now, since it took a while before I could see well again. It comes with a mousemat, an artbook, and a small strap thingy. I'm feeling lazy, so I'm only taking one picture of all of them together rather than one picture for each:

Offline Rokudaime

• Cosplayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: December 03, 2015, 10:38:14 pm »
Link (Skyward Sword version) figure. Spontaneous buy from my local Gamestop shop (they're apparently going to start having some things like this...). It's a pretty big figure, though not as big as my GSC Ultimate Madoka figure, Aniplex Devil Homura figure, GSC Triumphant Excalibur Saber figure, GSC UBW Rin figure, and GSC Saber Lily Distant Avalon figure.

Offline shawurai

• Tsundere
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: December 27, 2015, 08:34:34 pm »
Goodies update.

First a late C88 post. I already posted the first part a while ago. Here's the rest of the stuff I got back then.

WNB and Coffee-Kizoku sets

Various doujinshi (all SFW). I'll be limiting my list of doujinshi for C89 to just a few this time.

Artbook,TLRD 2nd - vol.3 Haruna and Utaha

3 out so far

Last. Coffee-Kizoku 2016 calendar and bonus tapestry.

Offline Rokudaime

• Cosplayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: February 17, 2016, 02:14:52 am »
@shawurai
Coffee-Kizoku's art is always really nice.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, large new loot update! First up, glorious Archer figure from Fate/stay night! I went with the hair down, serious expression (i.e, looks more like Shirou) face, because I think it looks a lot better than the other one. The arms, the swords, the head, and the arrow are all easy to attach, but the bow is a pain in the ass...

(click to show/hide)

Next up, also glorious Jeanne figure, from Fate/Apocrypha. The weight support thingy for the flag, which holds it up, was a bit disappointing to me, since there are no pictures of it in the promotional pictures for the figure, or on the package, so you would never know there was one until you open the package. It is a little aesthetically impairing, but I guess it can't be helped. I can see why it's needed. The flag is heavy, and the spear part of it isn't actually properly attached to the base of the figure, so without the support thingy, the flag would just spin around and hang sideways. Other than that though, the figure is great.

(click to show/hide)

Next, Naruto Shippuuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 Collector's Edition for PS4, with steelbook, steelpad(?), artbook, and figure. I only bought the CE for the artbook, which turned out to not be all that great, and the steelbook, because I don't like the normal cover for the game...Kind of regretting it now, but oh well. It's OK I guess, and I still want the game itself, which is great.

(click to show/hide)

Then there's the US (Japanese voices with English text) version of Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax for the PS3. It's a BlazBlue like game with characters from various anime series, such as Shakugan no Shana, and To Aru Majutsu/Kagaku no Index/Railgun. There is an updated version available with a couple extra characters, but it's only available in Japan, and so only in Japanese. I had the old normal JP version of the game, but bought the English version so I can understand what is going on.

(click to show/hide)

Next we have the official English version of the Grisaia visual novel, thanks to Sekai Project! Only Grisaia no Kajitsu (The Fruit of Grisaia) has been translated and released so far, but Meikyuu and Rakuen will be translated and released in time, and the collector's box is made in such a way that it has room for those two games as well when they come out. I already bought all of them, so I'll be getting the other two eventually. The physical version depicted here is the all-ages version, but the H-version is also available for download for those who bought the game and want that version. So I have a digital version of that version of the game as well. :-P

(click to show/hide)

Finally, there's the official English Limited Edition of the visual novel Princess Evangile. Comes with a nice artbook, and the soundtrack on CD.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 02:26:45 am by Rokudaime »

Offline shawurai

• Tsundere
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: February 23, 2016, 09:52:10 pm »
@Rokudaime: I'm really jealous of your Grisaia VN collector!

Loot from last week. Not included are volumes 5 and 6 from TLRD 2nd (I forgot to take the pictures)

First we have Miyuki.

Last a small c89 loot. This is all I got this time.