Author Topic: Post your collection!  (Read 150318 times)

Offline Clannad Man

• 'Key' Enthusiast
  • Global Moderator
  • Cosplayer
  • Current Project: Complete Key Music Collection
    • View Profile
Re: Post your collection!
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2011, 10:16:17 pm »
Lets play a game, Doki Legion.  A 'general image board' game, that is.

I'm going to post some pictures of the contents of the package I just got from Japan.  The pictures will show an item in its full bubble wrapping (which is often so thick the item is shrouded in secrecy).  If you are able to guess an item in the package I received, I will provide you with a karma boost.  I'll reveal the actual contents of my package either later today or tomorrow.

Everyone ready to guess?  Have at it.
(click to show/hide)
I make a point of trying to improve myself each day so I'll be better prepared to take on the next.  It feels good!

Offline InfinityStream

• C-Box Member
  • Imouto
  • Popularly known as Piddles
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2011, 11:18:51 pm »
Okay. Lets do this...

A Kanon sound track?

The second item looks like a hard cover picture book of sorts. Maybe a Clannad Art Book?

I'm pretty sure those are chopsticks.

That looks like it's been wrapped as if it were a stuffed animal. Maybe it's Botan :3

The Clannad Light Novel?

One game is Halo, the other is Clannad: Tomoya After: It's A Wonderful Life -- I HAVE THE SONG.

Something to do with Botan. Maybe a mask?

I can't tell. The blue hair on one looks Kotomi related though.

The next too look like grocery bags. -_- (Yea, I said it. Although I'm serious. I can't see through them)

Okay, that last ones shaped like a DVD. Is it.. The Clannad Movie?
I didn't like all those pics in my sig...

www.fark.com

Offline Pitchblack

• Girl with guns daisuki *-*
  • C-Box Member
  • Yandere
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2011, 12:51:59 am »
hum, hard hard for me...

Is there some Key audio CDs, like radio CDs you were talking about earlier?

Tomoyo After or some kind of VN for xbox 360 concerning Tomoyo :P

There seems to be a halo 1 - first xbox - japanese version (dating from when the 360 didn't exist cause there is the "for xbox only" tag) :P that seems nice!

maybe a Clannad Light Novel? featuring Nagisa?

Some chopsticks? :P

Offline Clannad Man

• 'Key' Enthusiast
  • Global Moderator
  • Cosplayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2011, 04:19:16 am »
OK, that's enough guesses.  Thanks to those who posted and messaged me.  heyman, Infinity Stream, & Pitchblack guessed multiple items correct and received karma compensation (+2 apiece).

Time to put on a new pair of gloves.  Can never be too careful dealing with collectables!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lets start with the obvious first; a Japanese copy of Halo: Combat Evolved was included in item picture six.  (For those of you that play Halo, can you imagine how the Japanese Master Chief sounds? or for that matter, Sgt. Johnson???)

Also included in item picture six was a copy of Tomoyo After: Its a Wonderful Life CS for Xbox 360.  Surrounding the game are two official manga: 'CLANNAD ~tomoyo dearest~' & 'CLANNAD: tomoyo after ~dear shining memories~'.  (Why must TA be so sad??)

Those who guessed 'art book' were partially correct.  Included were copies of 'CLANNAD Rough Note' and 'pre-CLANNAD'.

... 'CLANNAD memorial TV Animation Visual Fan Book' and 'CLANNAD ~After Story~ TV Animation Visual Fan Book'...

... and for good measure 2 copies of the Clannad (VN) Visual Fan Book.  (I'm giving one away as a gift.)

I was surprised so many people from C-Box had trouble with these since the covers were partially displayed. These are 1st 'limited' edition copies of Kanon & Clannad, complete with original game, art book, and accompanying soundtrack.  (I'm giving the CLANNAD copy away to a friend as well.  Lucky!)

Two of the Key albums distributed at events, packaged in giant sized 'pamphlets' which are more like 18 page super-sized picture books.  Included are the 'Key Memorial Fes' (2CD) and 'KSL Live World 2010 way to the Kud Wafter Pamphlet'.  Known to Forum & C-Box respondants as 'chopsticks'. XD

'CLANNAD: Official Another Story' follows the extended routes found on the Xbox 360 version of the Clannad Visual Novel.  It is larger than it appears, just as large as the ~AS~ Fan Book.  I'm excited to finally get a copy of this; its not particularly rare, but I never got a copy until now.

The 'CLANNAD: Official Another Story Picture Book' is about the size of a small manga

Most people don't even know that these exist unless they look them up. These are the anthology character novels for Clannad & Kanon (the 2nd), while the third book contains a collection of short stories from Kanon & Air.  All three books were granted licenses from Key.

Wonderthree is a 3 volume manga which explores the Kanon universe in an alternate timeline... one where Yuichi remembers everything that happened in the town seven years before.  Granted a license by Key and written by a co-author of the Kanon VN, I figured it was worth a look.

You know what?  I've never owned an N64.  However, my friend has been on a quest for years to find this game in the US (he doesn't trust eBay sellers).  I'm gunna' give it to him for his birthday next month.

So that round bubble wrap thing?  Yeah, that contained my new SUPER-SIZED-SAKE (SSS) Cup.  It will be the only thing I drink out of from now on.  ;)

Now comes the impossible to guess items... the (really) good stuff!

Coming out of the white package with blue text was....

... the 'Little Buster's Analog Collector's Edition'!  Only 500 of these vinyl records were made by Key; I'm thrilled that I was able to find one for sale.

All that leaves left is the package I almost threw out... I would have missed it if not for the Hello Kitty stamps.  In fact, thats all I was thinking about when I began pulling out my final item...

... and then I saw the sides, and I literally kicked myself for forgetting about what I had searched so long for...

... the 'Key 10th Memorial Score'.  The rarest item Key has ever released to the public, sealed & untouched, the very item I had been trying to obtain for years.   ;D

In a sense, I am thrilled to have obtained both of these items.  I want to open them and view them and play them as I had always hoped to do.  However, once I open these items their value (may) drop substantially due to their rarity.  So I ask, my friends... what should I do?   :-\
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 04:29:25 am by Clannad Man »
I make a point of trying to improve myself each day so I'll be better prepared to take on the next.  It feels good!

Offline ixlone

• Loli Collector
  • Administrator
  • Nekomimi
  • Mmm... Miku!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2011, 11:39:51 am »
Someone is very pleased with his purchases  8)

Offline Clannad Man

• 'Key' Enthusiast
  • Global Moderator
  • Cosplayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2011, 04:03:21 pm »
Someone is very pleased with his purchases  8)

That I am! (+1 applause!) I've been trying to get some of these items for quite awhile so I'm happy it worked out for me.  I actually did get one other box from Japan...

I got this as part of a gift from my friend.  I just realized the chips were the same ones advertised in Ano Hana... doesn't quite taste like pizza at first, but it does have a strong pizza aftertaste!

Offline ixlone

• Loli Collector
  • Administrator
  • Nekomimi
  • Mmm... Miku!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2011, 07:41:19 am »
Some of my other/new items:

Yami and Shana towels.

Haruka mini towel and Madoka mousemat.

Kuroneko, Madoka, Isana and Haruna keyrings and a Yami phone strap.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 10:15:02 am by ixlone »

Offline InfinityStream

• C-Box Member
  • Imouto
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2011, 07:02:08 pm »
You found the score collection?! You are one lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky, man. (+1 Applause just for letting me see that cover.)

And what's that game called? The one for your friend.

www.fark.com

Offline ixlone

• Loli Collector
  • Administrator
  • Nekomimi
  • Mmm... Miku!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2011, 09:26:10 pm »
Hope you never opened those rare items up clannad man!

I don't even like opening my mass produced stuff lol.

Offline Clannad Man

• 'Key' Enthusiast
  • Global Moderator
  • Cosplayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2011, 11:14:16 pm »
Thank you for the applause, Infinity!  The game is 'Virtual Pro Wrestling 2' for N64.  (I think that's the one you meant; if you mean another one just let me know.)  My friend is a huge professional wrestling fan, and he wanted that one for quite awhile.

As for the Key score collection, yeah, I have it!  It the most difficult item I've ever tried to obtain because the print run was so limited.  I REALLY want to open it up, but as of yet, I still haven't done so.  The same goes for the Little Busters! Analog Collectors Edition and the 10th Memorial Fes Anniversary Pamphlet.  I admit, even though I want to enjoy these items to their fullest, I would feel very, very guilty for doing so.  Its strange, but it almost feels like by owning a copy of these I have an obligation to collectors not to open them. 

ixlone, I feel your pain!

I have a somewhat interesting 'after story' regarding these items, if anyone cares and has the time to read a few paragraphs.  I had just gotten off of work and was preparing to go home on the bus.  While I was waiting at the stop I overheard a girl talking about Romeo & Juliet (probably had a class she had to read it for)... and then some nonsense about vampires and zombies (what, a Twilight knockoff is out already?)... and then something about looking for a flower she didn't remember the name of... Wait a second.  Why do these all sound familiar?... I could have sworn someone I knew was talking about the same things just the other day.  Many people, in fact.  Its as if..w8... yes! That's it!  Those are anime!  But would a girl really be talking about these shows in public, just outside of my downtown workplace?

I opened up my eyes (I was half asleep at the time), tilted my head and said, "You're talking about 'Ano Hana', aren't you?  And 'Zombie Desu ka' and other anime, right?"  She nodded in delight, happy to see someone who understood what she was talking about.  :)  Apparently, she is the head of a local university's anime society and was attempting to convince a prospective student to join by describing the shows they planned on screening at a nearby auditorium/viewing hall.  They talked for a bit, and I'd join in on occasion.  Eventually she got around to describing what her group was looking forward to the most; an anime convention was coming to town, and she was one of the people responsible for setting up booths for merchants and special guests.  The girl suggested that the guy go (he had agreed to join the society at that point) and said I should go too.  I responded by saying I had never attended one before (hey guys, don't smite me for that, OK? I'm really busy most of the time!) but might go if they had some music or collectables on sale. 

At that point she emphasized that they would be selling a bunch of items and asked what I collected.  I mentioned that I was trying to compile a complete collection of 'Key' brand music and was looking for a few obscure albums to finish my collection, and also that I had just purchased an unopened vinyl and scorebook I had been searching a long time for.  It was at this point I began to feel slightly uncomfortable; the girl's expression had changed from excited to stern.  >:(  "Did I say something wrong?" I wondered.  ???  She clarified the albums I claimed to have purchased.  I said, "Yeah, that's right."  She began to get angrier, demanding, "Show me!," taking the laptop resting on her male companion's lap and shoving it onto mine across the isle.  As awkward stares began to gaze in our direction, her eyes stayed fixed on mine.  I looked over to the guy (I'm sure I had a very puzzled look on my face) and could tell our thoughts were similar, something along the lines of, "Who does this girl think she is?  Does this scene really exist outside of anime/manga?  And why is her face so red?"  :o  I told her that I don't have time to blog but that I posted a few picture of the items online.  So I pulled up Doki, navigated to this very page and told her it was the best I could do.  After scrolling down the page and intently looking at the items, she changed her expression back to excited.  "You REALLY should come to our convention.  We'd love to put these items on display!  We'd give you a booth with a glass case at no charge!"  ;D  At her insistence, I gave out a number she could reach me at and am currently waiting for an update.  I'm still not sure if I will go (I'm not a fan of showcasing items), but its certainly a possibility I will have a few rare items from my collection on display at an upcoming anime convention.  If nothing else, it was interesting to meet someone who shared such a passion for anime shows & collectables.

Sorry for the long winded story.  I just found the whole situation very unusual, lol!  :o

BTW Ix, is that a complete set of Keyrings?  Where did you get those items from?

Offline InfinityStream

• C-Box Member
  • Imouto
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2011, 02:04:53 am »
You should have two conditions if you're showcasing them.

1) The products can only be taken out at your consent.
    1A) Person who wants to touch them must answer rigorous questions about Key.

2) The glass case must be guarded at all times by people and laser detection systems. Throw in a tazer if you feel like it.

... Of course, this is my personal opinion... xD

Still, it's pretty awesome to find stuff like that. The head of the anime club at our school is an idiot. Can't even tell me what Key IS! He's an uber shounen freak that uses the club to get Shonen Jump.

... I want an anime club like that T.T

www.fark.com

Offline ixlone

• Loli Collector
  • Administrator
  • Nekomimi
  • Mmm... Miku!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2011, 07:21:10 am »
Nice story Clannad Man, i never meet anyone who knows anything about anime :(

As for the keyrings, not a complete collection, i just pick the ones of characters i like. I get all my stuff from HobbyLink Japan, haven't let me down yet with shipping and the prices are especially nice (keep your eye on the early bird page, you can get 5-10% off new items if you pre-order them!) so i'd recommend them to other people.

Offline Clannad Man

• 'Key' Enthusiast
  • Global Moderator
  • Cosplayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2011, 05:09:10 pm »
@Infinity - If I do go, the items aren't going to leave my sight.  I'm not going to risk having anyone pull a fast one on me!  You should run for your school's anime club president if he isn't doing his job.  Tell him you'll still let him get his Shonen Jump and he might even give you the position! XD

@Ix - Thanks!  I'll need to check out that site.  Outside of eBay and Yahoo! Auctions Japan I don't really use a lot of websites to look for goods, so if I can find some stuff I'm looking for on there at a fair price I'll be ecstatic!

Offline ixlone

• Loli Collector
  • Administrator
  • Nekomimi
  • Mmm... Miku!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2011, 12:55:06 pm »
A few more recent items. Took the photos in a pretty dark room so they turned our fairly poor, but was to lazy to redo it! The quality on the mousemats is actually really good, the photos seriously don't do them justice.

RKB mousemat.

RKB mousemat.

B2 size Aria wall scroll.

Madoka rubber keyrings.

B2 size Yuru Yuri wall scroll.

Usami micro towel.

Offline Sryder

• Closet Otaku
  • Visual Novels Rock. ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2011, 03:29:50 pm »