Author Topic: [RPG] The Wings of Hall OOC  (Read 122475 times)

Offline Krozam

• Mahou Shoujo
  • GM of The Wings of Hall RPG
    • View Profile
Re: [RPG] The Wings of Hall OOC
« Reply #60 on: August 19, 2011, 10:26:29 pm »
Ok, what the hell was I thinking? First I put up a rule "Write in present tense"... Then I start the RP in past tense! *facepalm*

No way I'm changing that post, so let's change the rules. Past tense and 3rd person, please. It's no big deal, but some people are bothered if the tense or person change all the time.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | reviews
The Wings of Hall RPG - Do join in the fun!

Offline tigershark13

• Closet Otaku
  • I'm new here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 19, 2011, 11:04:01 pm »
If anyone's wondering that is Irish gaelic, poorly translated Irish gaelic, but it works. I apologise in advance to anyone who is actually fluent and doesn't rely heavily upon google translate and the dictionary :P

Offline Krozam

• Mahou Shoujo
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 20, 2011, 12:26:31 am »
I've found my song for this RP. Three Days Grace - Wake Up. It should be noted that the lyrics are unfitting, I'm just listening to it on the background while reading the RP.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lpf_0HBp66o" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lpf_0HBp66o</a>

Offline tigershark13

• Closet Otaku
  • I'm new here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 20, 2011, 02:27:21 am »
wait so are we writing in past tense now? or present? And are we doing 3rd or 1st? or is it everyone for themselves? :P

Offline Krozam

• Mahou Shoujo
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 20, 2011, 02:29:41 am »
The current recommendation is past tense and 3rd person. We'll see what it's tomorrow. XD

Offline tigershark13

• Closet Otaku
  • I'm new here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 20, 2011, 02:32:32 am »
I'll keep on doing that, it's how I normally write :P

Offline Zerpo

• Rin's Slave
  • C-Box Member
  • Yandere
  • Jimmy 'Kage' Kuneto
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 20, 2011, 05:47:11 am »
Well that is my first RP post ever. Hope its not to bad :)
SO much love...
Firstly, DAMN YOU ZERPO for picking three of my favourites.
Damn you Zerpo =_=

Offline InfinityStream

• C-Box Member
  • Imouto
  • Popularly known as Piddles
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 20, 2011, 05:12:52 pm »
I would highly suggest third person, present tense for those who are beginning. First person should be used when you need more insight at what the character is feeling and how the character views his/her actions.

In fact...

EXAMPLES

Third Person, Present Tense
He is doing the unthinkable.
She is drinking glass after glass of beer!
Holy hell! Krozam is making an RP?!

Third Person, Past Tense
He did the unthinkable.
She was drinking glass after glass of beer! (Confusion? In conversation, the line 'She Was' refers to something that already happened.)
Holy hell! Krozam made an RP?!

First Person, Present Tense
I am doing the unthinkable.
I'm drinking glass after glass of beer!
Holy hell! Krozam is making an RP?!

First Person, Past Tense
I was doing the unthinkable.
I was drinking glass after glass of beer!
Holy hell! Krozam made an RP?!

(Notice that in First Person, no matter the tense, you always address others as you would in third person.)
I didn't like all those pics in my sig...

www.fark.com

Offline InfinityStream

• C-Box Member
  • Imouto
  • Popularly known as Piddles
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 20, 2011, 05:44:34 pm »
Complete Redo of Irie's first RP Post
(I had to. It would haunt me for too long. I'll stick to his basic premise even though there IS no castle town...)

He takes a seat, having traveled far too long without rest. He stabs his blade into the ground below him. He looks to the sky, aching to spread his wings and soar. The vast expanse of the night sky seems to hold his gaze in ransom for something more than what it really is.

He decides to walk around a nearby town while he waits for Nicolas to return with news of their penetration of this impenetrable fortress.

He reaches for his pouch of water, only to notice it's empty. A nearby well fixes that problem. It's as he fills his water up that he notices the young woman looking through the selection offered by the bakery. He watches as she carefully chooses her bread, a trained, motherly eye looking for even the smallest of flaws.

Before he can greet her, he notices Nicolas leaving the main encampment and rushes back.

"Lets go," Nicolas says.

He grabs his sword and places it on his back. Pity he didn't get to learn that girls name.

(My main problem was how he just says 'Darwin...', completely ignoring the tense of everything else...)
I didn't like all those pics in my sig...

www.fark.com

Offline Krozam

• Mahou Shoujo
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 20, 2011, 06:57:16 pm »
Lol...

I find past tense much easier than present tense, since I always write my stories in past tense. I suppose present tense makes just as much sense, but we do need to come to a decision, it is irksome to see a "story" written without consistency of tense and person.

One other thing: try to keep the OOC talk in this topic, but if you must say something OOC in the game thread, use ((double parenthesis)). I should've brought up the problems in Irie's post here insted of editing the post, but whatever...

Also, I'll be keeping to a outside point of view in my posts for now, in order to preserve the mystery of Nicolaos' mind and past, but rest assured, eventually I'll get inside his head as well.

Offline tigershark13

• Closet Otaku
  • I'm new here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 20, 2011, 08:14:05 pm »
I vote past, I find writing in present a bit limiting and very difficult *laughs*

Offline Irie Naoki

• C-Box Member
  • Yandere
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 20, 2011, 09:59:55 pm »
Also... InfinityStream, Please teach me the way of the roleplay. Loved the text and sorry that the text was s*it.
I didnt notice that it was night and it actually happened at night time, I thought it was like a castle and on the other side of the field another castle. anyways its fixed and to late now

Offline Shion

• Closet Otaku
  • Nothing beats a friend quite like a hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 20, 2011, 10:18:14 pm »
Profile submission!

Name: Fiona Geileis am Brina

Race
: Human(of the lands of Tylwythau Treftadaeth Etifedd)

Appearance:
Short, with dusty brown hair kept tied into braids and blue-grey eyes. A harness to bear her gear, a quiver of arrows upon her back, and a battle skirt complete an outfit usually supplemented by a tunic for the cold. While possessing shoes, she prefers to go barefoot when temperatures don’t leave her freezing.

Personality:
Short-tempered and volatile, Fiona is quick to take offense, but just as quick to cool off. Like an archer’s arrow, she is very direct and to the point. You want a diplomat, then she is not your girl. Though raised along the coast where weather often takes a cooler turn, she absolutely hates being cold and will often wear a tunic in addition to her battle harness and cloak.

Special Abilities
:
Growing up in a tribal proper, Fiona learned martial skills from a young age. Though not the best or strongest warrior, she is an excellent archer and skirmisher, and a decent tactician.  Painted symbols of the patron war god of her homeland mark her skin alongside clan tattoos. The blessings bestowed by the holy paint increase strength, speed, and endurance, providing magical armor for a short period of time.

Items of Interest:
A black steel short sword of a length more like a long dagger etched with carvings of dolphins and clan markings on the cross guard and base of the blade. A warm yellow short bow etched with similar tribal markings - worn with age, but well taken care of- is her favorite weapon.

Woad Paint, a special paint mixture steeped in legend and religious lore.  She rarely uses it as she does not fight on the front lines. By drawing the paint in holy symbols on her skin, she draws upon divine blessing to give her “armor” in close combat and enhance her abilities.

Heavy cloak for cold weather, paired with a thigh-length green tunic because she REALLY dislikes being cold.

A small bone talisman bracelet on her left wrist.

History:
I was born in the lands of Tylwythau Treftadaeth Etifedd, to the tribe of Brina, to the line of Geileis, to the given name of Fiona. My people were of the coast, and thus we sailed the straits, knowing the sea like a beloved. My father’s eldest child and only girl, I learned the arts of combat and the hunt, supplementing my family’s diet of fish with wild game.

It was a quiet life, interspersed as it was with the raids of other clans and outlanders. One such raid left my brothers dead and my father crippled, his warrior spirit broken. It was then that I took up the bow against other men and learned the meaning of battle. I then joined in raids against other clans, working as a ship hand and scout, acting both for revenge and to restore my father’s honor. There was little loot to be won, but it was enough for my family’s comfort.

The years passed and eventually, my ship carried the warband of Aidan Donovan am Delian. When the storm cast us from the sea, I thought it an ill omen until I dashed my head upon the rocks and thought no more. I awoke on the shore shivering with cold, and took a cloak from one of the dead. With little choice, I follow Aidan’s leadership until I meet my fate.

Picture:
http://friday87central.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/vlcsnap-5187710.jpg
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 05:35:22 pm by Shion »
I want to get a vending machine, with fun sized candy bars, and the glass in front is a magnifying glass. You'll be mad, but it will be too late.

Offline Krozam

• Mahou Shoujo
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 20, 2011, 10:37:48 pm »
Welcome, Shion! It's nice to have one more female character to improve the gender balance, lol. I find no problems with your character, it's immediately approved. Now go post! ;D

Offline tigershark13

• Closet Otaku
  • I'm new here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 20, 2011, 11:43:41 pm »
wait are we sticking to posting in a certain order? Or can we post whenever so long as everybody else has posted?