Author Topic: [RPG] The Wings of Hall OOC  (Read 116828 times)

Offline Krozam

• Mahou Shoujo
  • GM of The Wings of Hall RPG
    • View Profile
Re: [RPG] The Wings of Hall OOC
« Reply #75 on: August 21, 2011, 01:03:07 am »
We'll try to maintain the posting order of the first round, but this is a special case, since we're letting a new character in. The sooner Shion posts, the better.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | reviews
The Wings of Hall RPG - Do join in the fun!

Offline tigershark13

• Closet Otaku
  • I'm new here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 21, 2011, 01:53:15 am »
I hope you all enjoy the by the fireside story, it provides some insight into Cathair :O :D

Offline Krozam

• Mahou Shoujo
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 21, 2011, 04:33:39 am »
I enjoyed it alright.

Expanding the RP a little, since there are so many of us and rounds take time. A couple of threads where you can spend time between your turns. :P

Also, the turn order was defined by the first round as such:
Nicolaos
Darwin
Fiona
Harold
Aidan
Ishman
Acan
Cathair
Setsuna&Maria
Nex
Jimmy
Lissa
Estia

I'll link the turn order to the first post, and edit it if something happens to change the turn order.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 01:49:51 pm by Krozam »

Offline Soulbourne

• Closet Otaku
  • I'm new here! Fear me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 21, 2011, 10:05:00 pm »
I feel a moderate history lesson needs mentioned.

Nicholas said stuff about a back door and how a well designed fortress has one.  This refers to a secret passage and tunne that goes from the inside of the fortress to a ways out.  The primary purpose of this is two fold, to smuggle supplies in, as well as to send out elite skirmisher crews to raid the enemy.  In case of larger armies who surround, and have good area patrols, these tactical points become less useful.  It can be dangerous to launch raids if the army may find the door, and the ability to ambush is mainly used to hit the enemy during lulls in their attendance, striking hard when they are at there blindest.

This means for an army this large and organized, such ports are normally there but unused, often times guarded as a liability or even collapsed at points.  However, it's a back door built for fun lovers like us :D

Offline tigershark13

• Closet Otaku
  • I'm new here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 22, 2011, 01:31:28 am »
trouble is, such entrances are always well defended, and designed so that a few men can hold them with ease if they ARE discovered, and in many cases designed to be closed off if it does happen, so we'd have to be fast :P

Offline TheThing

• Experienced Programmer
  • Global Moderator
  • Loli
  • Living in IS
    • View Profile
    • My Personal Blog
« Reply #80 on: August 22, 2011, 02:13:27 am »
For those of you unaware, (and because I have yet to make my post), unless you know about it, you can't find it. The passage is hidden with magic. Such passageway was made because when the fortress was built, the land was in a distrust situation. The commanding officer (at the time) didn't have much faith in the castle holding out a siege war (He didn't have much faith), so he built a secret passage way that leads out.

My guess is that the passage way leads to a river or somewhere where he thinks he has a safe passage out of this place. By hiding in the river and traveling with it, one might be safe. Even if there are patrols, you can easily hide by diving in the river. There are many kinds of magic as well as alchemy recipes that allows the user to breath underwater during a short duration.

However, if the passageway is hidden with magic, then it could be tricky to open it. I think using Acan to open such passageway (if it's hidden with magic) is the way to go. Since Acan is skilled in disrupting magic, he could theoretically disrupt without the mages noticing.

Again, those are just some idead I have :)

Since Acan, you have yet to post yours, you could suggest the idea of it being protected by magic and that you should be able to disrupt it or something.
Living in IS is fun, except for the occasional volcano eruptions in my backyard but that's another story.
Owner & Project leader for NFP Encodings & ForPitch.
Making lolis cry since 2011

Offline Soulbourne

• Closet Otaku
  • I'm new here! Fear me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 22, 2011, 02:33:48 am »
My comment was to the people who obviously didn't understand what Nicholas had referenced to about an old back door from when the place was built.  Never said it wasn't gonna be a tricky choice, just that the plan wasn't to have powder keg catapults hit the walls :P

As far as magic, my characters a warrior specialized in group enhancement Ki, so I'll leave that to you.  The second priest I have acquired who will hopefully make her profile soon probably isn't much of a magic weaver either, so let's hope Acan can do it.

Offline Shion

• Closet Otaku
  • Nothing beats a friend quite like a hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 22, 2011, 05:38:40 am »
As for the ordered turns, am I now expected to post so soon after I made a post (ie is it my turn again)? I really can't think of anything to write just yet, and if it's my turn, I don't want to hold up the RP. I'm really not that great at "assigned turns" type of play. Not even when it comes to board games.  ;D
I want to get a vending machine, with fun sized candy bars, and the glass in front is a magnifying glass. You'll be mad, but it will be too late.

Offline Krozam

• Mahou Shoujo
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 22, 2011, 06:57:04 am »
Thanks for explaining that, Soul. I kind of thought it was obvious, so it never occured to me to explain what I meant by "back door".

One more thing to mention about the passage is that it takes advantage of some natural caverns inside the hills. I've got a nice pic I intend to use if we go that way. ;D

Shion, your next turn comes in the next round after Darwin. It's Acan's turn now. My brother was already asleep when Listo posted his turn, and now he's in school, so it's going to take a while longer before he can post.

Offline Krozam

• Mahou Shoujo
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 22, 2011, 10:01:13 pm »
Puddle, when roleplaying, you don't put words in the mouth of another player's character. Unless the post is written cooperatively. If Cathair's player is fine with the post, I'm fine with it, but in the future, only do this if you've planned it with the other character's player... and do mention it in ((OOC tags)) at the beginning of the post, so I don't have to wonder about it.

Nice plan, BTW. The first actually viable one so far, apart from the back door one.

Offline tigershark13

• Closet Otaku
  • I'm new here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 23, 2011, 12:17:03 am »
I'm fine with it, it's around the way he'd react to such an idea anyway :P

Offline InfinityStream

• C-Box Member
  • Imouto
  • Popularly known as Piddles
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 23, 2011, 12:56:47 am »
xD.

I wrote that in a hurry. I was annotating 'Isaac's Storm' while doing this. And I made sure to make it as if it was how Cathair would act. Yelling at me... etc.

Thanks for the praise :3
I didn't like all those pics in my sig...

www.fark.com

Offline Zerpo

• Rin's Slave
  • C-Box Member
  • Yandere
  • Jimmy 'Kage' Kuneto
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 23, 2011, 06:30:26 am »
@tiger
Just out of curiosity do you mind if i have jimmy possibly throw some snide remarks Cathair's way in gaelic? It would make sense for an assassin to be able to speak bits of different languages to blend in and it would kind of match with out characters' relationship :)
SO much love...
Firstly, DAMN YOU ZERPO for picking three of my favourites.
Damn you Zerpo =_=

Offline tigershark13

• Closet Otaku
  • I'm new here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 23, 2011, 07:19:55 am »
sure, it would certainly surprise the hell out of Caithair, and wrong foot him :P

Offline Zerpo

• Rin's Slave
  • C-Box Member
  • Yandere
  • Jimmy 'Kage' Kuneto
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 23, 2011, 07:42:33 am »
I thought of it by accident at work today. Was serving some Japanese people at work and accidentally put the wrong type of fruit in and heard them talking about the price in Japanese so i thanked them for telling me and surprised the hell out of them :)
SO much love...
Firstly, DAMN YOU ZERPO for picking three of my favourites.
Damn you Zerpo =_=