Author Topic: [RPG] The Wings of Hall OOC  (Read 123826 times)

Offline Krozam

• Mahou Shoujo
  • GM of The Wings of Hall RPG
    • View Profile
Re: [RPG] The Wings of Hall OOC
« Reply #90 on: August 23, 2011, 02:06:04 pm »
Dalradia is a pretty isolated place, though, I don't know if it makes any sense for Jimmy to know their language.

The ki text is halfway done, I'll hopefully be able to complete it tomorrow.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | reviews
The Wings of Hall RPG - Do join in the fun!

Offline Zerpo

• Rin's Slave
  • C-Box Member
  • Yandere
  • Jimmy 'Kage' Kuneto
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 23, 2011, 03:04:15 pm »
Fair point but then again assassin's are always full of surprises. I could possibly add to Jimmy's history that he took a mission over there for one of their warlords and picked up a bit of the language. Ill add it into my post for now but can always remove it if needed  :)
SO much love...
Firstly, DAMN YOU ZERPO for picking three of my favourites.
Damn you Zerpo =_=

Offline TheThing

• Experienced Programmer
  • Global Moderator
  • Loli
  • Living in IS
    • View Profile
    • My Personal Blog
« Reply #92 on: August 23, 2011, 03:22:41 pm »
Hmm, I would like some pointers from you Krozam about my latest post. I feel like I'm pushing the story forward myself which I find unfair seeing how you are the GM and not me :p

Also, my character is NOT tsundere but I couldn't resist putting that line in the double brackets ;) Seeing how you all are out there to trick me you bastards -_-
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 06:24:44 pm by TheThing »
Living in IS is fun, except for the occasional volcano eruptions in my backyard but that's another story.
Owner & Project leader for NFP Encodings & ForPitch.
Making lolis cry since 2011

Offline Soulbourne

• Closet Otaku
  • I'm new here! Fear me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 23, 2011, 07:21:32 pm »
It should be noted that a number of merchants do run regular trades to Dalradia.  They spread rumors it's an excessively risky trip, with my people being infamous(Wrongly :P) among those in the know for raiding caravans and picking them clean.  However, merchants go there to trade armor and weapons and buy fine gold jewelry(Religious craft, right draco?) to sell back home.  Likely quoting danger to triple the true value of both :P

This means while not a stream of it, there is travel and activity, as well as trade of ideas and language most likely.  So, picking it up in a western area wouldn't be unlikely even if he had never ventured there.  I doubt it would of been of particular much use though, but it wouldn't be unheard of for our languages to trickle out with a few teachers.

Just to clarify for any needed references.

Offline InfinityStream

• C-Box Member
  • Imouto
  • Popularly known as Piddles
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 23, 2011, 10:06:43 pm »
@TheThing But it's so FUN! xD

Should it be noted that the history in your profiles is not the defenite history. You can always add to it as long as it doesn't contradict your already written history.
I didn't like all those pics in my sig...

www.fark.com

Offline Soulbourne

• Closet Otaku
  • I'm new here! Fear me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 24, 2011, 01:42:09 am »
According to the original post, the histories can be outright lies, they're just the tale that gets told as a generic if asked.   Was tempted to do geneology style name to that, but that seemed a bit too boring >.>

Offline Krozam

• Mahou Shoujo
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 24, 2011, 02:04:30 am »
Yes, the history part need not be true necessarily. But if it isn't, I should know it as the GM. And adding stuff is of course fine.

The Thing, I find nothing wrong with your post, except maybe including lines that were said after your turn. I'll let that pass, but let's not make it a habit, or things can become very confusing.

Almost done with the second round, I should get writing my next post...

Offline TheThing

• Experienced Programmer
  • Global Moderator
  • Loli
  • Living in IS
    • View Profile
    • My Personal Blog
« Reply #97 on: August 24, 2011, 02:12:36 am »
Actually, I said those lines in according with them beforehand. I asked for example Nyan-chan if he would like to participate in the teasing and from there we coordinated the conversation.
Living in IS is fun, except for the occasional volcano eruptions in my backyard but that's another story.
Owner & Project leader for NFP Encodings & ForPitch.
Making lolis cry since 2011

Offline Krozam

• Mahou Shoujo
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 24, 2011, 02:20:22 am »
Yes, yes, but as I said, let's not make it a habit, because it can get confusing.

Offline Krozam

• Mahou Shoujo
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 26, 2011, 07:27:46 am »
Soul's taking his time... It's been over 24 hours, so Septe, go ahead and post. Soul will post when he's ready.

In other news, I'm having some trouble with the ki text, specifically inventing a wide enough variety of abilities... but it's advancing.

Offline tigershark13

• Closet Otaku
  • I'm new here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 26, 2011, 02:17:58 pm »
hit me up on msn if you want to bounce ideas off me

Offline semiramiese

• Closet Otaku
  • I'm new here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 26, 2011, 02:20:32 pm »
Character Sheet
Name: Morghandy Sloane am Albion

Race: Human(of the lands of Tylwythau Treftadaeth Etifedd)

Appearance:(see picture below)

Personality: Has the cold temper that is similar to the weather of her home land, quiet and tends to keep to herself most of the time. Sees that fighting about what she sees as minor stuff is useless so many people consider her as arrogant.

Special Abilities: As the priestess of the God of war, she possesses his powers in addition to a medium level in using her own ki in battle. skilled in using her staff that has a crooked head and is used as an ax. The runes painted on her shoulders, arms and chest with the tribe's sacred painting work as a powerful shield in close combat, activated by the use of her inner ki.

Items of Interest: She holds a staff with a crooked head that can be used as an ax. The tattoos on her body work as a powerful armor she summons while fighting.

History: She was raised as a boy, being the only daughter of the tribe's priest. He trained her to be in his place after his death and so it was. This was combined with her martial training like any of the youth in her tribe.

After passing the tests and proved that she is a capable fighter, her father called her and gave her the staff he always hold. The staff of the war god and told her that from this day forth, it was her duty to be the tribe's priestess.

Years passed and her father died, leaving her alone in the world. Not that she really cared for that. Her time was spent in wars and raids aboard ships and one day, she was on the same ship with Aidan Donovan am Delian and Fiona Geileis am Brina, the ship crashed and she hit her head on the rocks. Waking up after few hours to find herself along with the former two as the only survivors. She had decided to stay with them as long as she is needed, or till they find a way to return home.

Picture:http://www.deviantart.com/download/114847947/Briganita_by_dashinvaine.jpg
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 10:24:47 am by semiramiese »

Offline Krozam

• Mahou Shoujo
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 26, 2011, 02:50:52 pm »
There's no way a 25-year-old can be a master-level ki-user, unless you're a friggin' prodigy, started training at, like, 3 years old, and dedicated your life to it, like Ishman. Also, I'd like a clarification on what you mean with "Several runes are painted on her skin with the sacred painting to help her get the most benefit from her ki." Assisting the use of ki with magic is possible, I suppose, but you need to have a more or less clear idea of the mechanism. Also, you might want to consider giving up on ki and focusing on magic instead, as it's possible to replicate with magic most of the things that you can achieve with ki. And that's without the exertion on your body that the use of ki causes.

Also, any chance you and Shion could bold the name, race, age etc. for easier reading?

Otherwise the character is fine. Welcome aboard.

Tiger, thanks for the offer. Though more than bouncing ideas off someone, I need someone to give me ideas.

Offline Shion

• Closet Otaku
  • Nothing beats a friend quite like a hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 27, 2011, 05:38:59 pm »
As Soul explained it to me, the sacred paints our people use are somewhat magical in nature. When activated, they provide protective shielding over our skin like invisible armor, and greatly enhance our physical abilities for a brief period of time. So it's kind of like a berserker rage, except we're aware of what we're doing.
I want to get a vending machine, with fun sized candy bars, and the glass in front is a magnifying glass. You'll be mad, but it will be too late.

Offline Krozam

• Mahou Shoujo
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 27, 2011, 05:43:31 pm »
Yes, I'm aware of that mechanism, but hers appears to be different, as it's got something to do with ki.