Author Topic: Hi-10 Player  (Read 9223 times)

Offline NekoZabuza

• Closet Otaku
  • [url=http://i.minus.com/ixScrjOGkafCq.png] -_- [/u
    • View Profile
Hi-10 Player
« on: September 24, 2011, 07:01:59 pm »
okay i am looking for a player that supports hi-10 (mainly just so I can watch Kanon I'll show you a pic of why in a sec). currently I am using SMplayer. I was using media player classic BUT when I try to play Kanon it plays at like 52fps and skips like all the audio. VLC1.2 will NOT play anything that is hi-10 on my comp. the audio goes fine but the video gets stuck a few seconds in. now here is a pic of why SMplayer is not working for me (sorry for the big pic but i dunno how to make it smaller).

so....anyone with players that someone doesn't have to be a comp tech to use (and put it in plain english please) and I can just download and install would be greatly appreciated. Oh and btw, I already have the newest stable cccp release AND the latest ffdshow release installed. I just tried Windows media player for vista and the video and audio play fine but i get no subtitles (go figure). Like I said any help would be greatly appreciated. and one more thing (yeah i know i keep going on and on, I have haali media splitter installed too, just in case that helps.

EDIT: okay i just checked my cccp settings and i had it turned off for .mkv so i have subtitles in windows media player. HOWEVER, I would still prefer something else to play these files with. personally i prefer vlc but.....it doesn't work on my comp playing hi-10..... :b
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 07:14:38 pm by NekoZabuza »

Offline ixlone

• Loli Collector
  • Administrator
  • Nekomimi
  • Mmm... Miku!
    • View Profile
Re: Hi-10 Player
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2011, 07:17:16 pm »
I'd recommend uninstalling every media player and codec and then rebooting so you get no conflicts.

Then try a clean install of the latest K-Lite mega or full pack, or CCCP (it works for me) and leave all the options as default (easier to figure out if something is wrong if you don't change anything).

Having loads of seperate things installed isn't very good, issues are bound to arise.

Offline InfinityStream

• C-Box Member
  • Imouto
  • Popularly known as Piddles
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2011, 05:32:31 pm »
Rule of Life #1: Don't use VLC.
I didn't like all those pics in my sig...

www.fark.com

Offline NekoZabuza

• Closet Otaku
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2011, 03:36:44 am »
well I uninstalled everything and reinstalled vlc and the newest cccp and media player classic played hi-10 fine and the vlc 1.1 doesnt play it at all so i just use that for the stuff that isnt hi-10.

Offline InfinityStream

• C-Box Member
  • Imouto
  • Popularly known as Piddles
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2011, 01:55:40 pm »
Uninstall everything and ONLY install this.

Don't try to reinstall VLC or Media Player Classic.

ONLY install this.
I didn't like all those pics in my sig...

www.fark.com

Offline NekoZabuza

• Closet Otaku
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2011, 01:49:24 am »
i did install cccp. media player classic came with it. and everything works fine now. i just had too much stuff installed. and I HATE windows media player 11. thats why i am using vlc and mpc