Author Topic: Tomoyo After  (Read 132257 times)

Offline Khorne11

• Closet Otaku
  • Visual Novels and anime= my life
    • View Profile
Re: Tomoyo After
« Reply #45 on: February 13, 2012, 05:31:57 am »
Hey um random question about the game do the sexual scenes have voice acting? not that I really care but in games like Muv Luv and Kanon all of the scenes have voice acting but the sexual parts, and it really bugs me for no reason. thanks

-K11
The doggie says Woof Woof... That was the wild boar, Moo Moo
-Mai Kawasumi

Offline SomeAnon

• Closet Otaku
  • I'm new here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 13, 2012, 05:32:01 pm »
Muv Luv (and Muv Luv Alt), along with the vast majority of voiced PC VNs do have voice acting during the H-scenes, complete with lots of moaning

On the other hand, Kanon (along with a few others such as Fate/Stay Night and Utawarerumono) don't have voices in the H-scenes simply because the voices weren't in the original PC version of the game, but rather came from a voice patch from a voiced PS2 version of the game.  For obvious reasons, these PS2 versions could not keep the H-scenes, thus those lines end up unvoiced and there is no voiced version with H-scenes. 

Offline Khorne11

• Closet Otaku
  • Visual Novels and anime= my life
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 13, 2012, 08:29:46 pm »
Muv Luv (and Muv Luv Alt), along with the vast majority of voiced PC VNs do have voice acting during the H-scenes, complete with lots of moaning

On the other hand, Kanon (along with a few others such as Fate/Stay Night and Utawarerumono) don't have voices in the H-scenes simply because the voices weren't in the original PC version of the game, but rather came from a voice patch from a voiced PS2 version of the game.  For obvious reasons, these PS2 versions could not keep the H-scenes, thus those lines end up unvoiced and there is no voiced version with H-scenes.
really? Wtf my version of ML dosent have voice acting... alt dose though, w/e, but my orignal question was dose Tomyo after have it?
The doggie says Woof Woof... That was the wild boar, Moo Moo
-Mai Kawasumi

Offline warrof

• Closet Otaku
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 17, 2012, 07:36:51 pm »
Si nce it was originally an R+18 game im fairly certain that the h-scenes will have voice acting.

On another note, anyone know if Doki is building off of the partial patch that Baka-Tsuki made before they shut this project down?

Offline Clannad Man

• 'Key' Enthusiast
  • Global Moderator
  • Cosplayer
  • Current Project: Complete Key Music Collection
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 17, 2012, 09:56:58 pm »
On another note, anyone know if Doki is building off of the partial patch that Baka-Tsuki made before they shut this project down?

In regards to translation, we did not feel that the released patch was of sufficient quality to be reused.  All scenes are being translated by members of the VN Staff.  In addition, all image edits have also been completed in-staff.
I make a point of trying to improve myself each day so I'll be better prepared to take on the next.  It feels good!

Offline NanayaEmiya

• Closet Otaku
  • Siebzehn Dissektion
    • View Profile
    • OtakuNoYoru
« Reply #50 on: February 25, 2012, 08:59:34 am »
Hello guys and to the translation team,

I'm new in here. I came from Kureha One and helped the ppl there doing a tiny bit of S;G tweaking.
I have read the recruiting department blog and I understand that the team is currently working on the game.
When the translation is done and if I have spare time, I would like to offer my help as a tester for the game, Tomoyo After.
It would be an honor and pleasure for me to work with the team if I could be of any use as a beta-tester.
As of now, I'm taking a little breather from schooling/working and have my free time at hand. Also, I am eager to see this game in quality English, Doki trademark.

May good fortune be with all of you.
(click to show/hide)
"...So as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works!"

Offline Crion629

• Closet Otaku
  • I'm new here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 02, 2012, 02:18:37 am »
I think many of us that wish to support VisualArts/KEY had only one option, which was the memorial edition when we went to buy it.  Please consider creating a patch for the memorial edition as well.  Thanks.   

Offline NeWbY

• Doki Staff
  • Closet Otaku
  • I'm new here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 12, 2012, 10:11:05 pm »
All scenes are being translated by members of the VN Staff.
What?

Offline Clannad Man

• 'Key' Enthusiast
  • Global Moderator
  • Cosplayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 13, 2012, 07:38:53 am »
You are listed as a member of the VN Staff, NeWbY... ^_^
I make a point of trying to improve myself each day so I'll be better prepared to take on the next.  It feels good!

Offline NeWbY

• Doki Staff
  • Closet Otaku
  • I'm new here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 18, 2012, 09:00:21 pm »
Yes, but all seens aren't being translated by the VN staff as half of the seens have been done by Baka-tsuki and only needed TLC. The other half are actually being translated by members of the VN staff.
Just for the credits.

Offline Clannad Man

• 'Key' Enthusiast
  • Global Moderator
  • Cosplayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 19, 2012, 06:52:28 am »
The Baka-tsuki peeps will get their credit, don't worry.  ;)  I revise my statement as follows: every scene has either been TLd or TLCd by Doki Staff members.  However, major revisions have been made to the Baka-Tsuki script to improve translation quality and overall flow. 

NeWbY has been very influential in the changes that have been made and thereby deserves out heartfelt thanks for his substantial contributions.  Thank you!  ^_^

Offline Relax

• Closet Otaku
  • I'm new here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 21, 2012, 03:05:23 pm »
 :katja:

Offline Clannad Man

• 'Key' Enthusiast
  • Global Moderator
  • Cosplayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 21, 2012, 03:08:35 pm »

Offline contown

• Closet Otaku
  • I'm new here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 13, 2012, 05:40:31 am »
Is the translation project for Tomoyo After still going?

Offline Clannad Man

• 'Key' Enthusiast
  • Global Moderator
  • Cosplayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 17, 2012, 06:24:31 am »
Still going strong, good sir!