Discussion Forums > General Discussions

New In the Forum, have some questions.

(1/3) > >>

SamRaz5:
Hey there everyone! ^-^

I'm new over here, I joined mostly because I love anime (:sena: :miu:)...like everyone here(I think).
Hope to make some friends.
But I have some questions like, Are Doki Fansubs from America(US)?
And if it is, here's another one: I'm gonna move son to the US(Yes legally), but everybody talks about the illegal downloading,
so my main question is, How do I download from there? ???
Methods, Tricks, instructions, everything is welcome.

Hope you can help me .

Krozam:
Doki is UK-based, though there's staff from around the globe.

As for downloading, I'm afraid I can't help much, as I'm European. I imagine you do it the same way you do it elsewhere. The difference is, in US you actually have a chance to get stuff legally without having to pay ridiculous import costs. For example, most legal anime streaming sites only work in North America.

ixlone:
Safest way is probably to use XDCC bots on irc (guide for which can be found in support section). After that I'd say DDL providers. In last place is torrents, as you will be broadcasting your IP to everyone in the swarm.

You can use a few things to make it a bit safer. Such as pay for a VPN to hide your IP and encrypt your connection, or something a bit simpler like using PeerBlock to deny connection attempts of various companies, organisations, governments, etc.

Or the safest of all, don't pirate content :yui:

InfinityStream:
You can torrent from America pretty easily. Been doing it for years and I haven't been arrested just yet so...

ixlone:
Download some RIAA or MPAA stuff, I'm sure you'd get a letter from the internet nazi's.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version