Author Topic: Tomoyo After  (Read 131713 times)

Offline Archer

• Closet Otaku
  • Fighting for Ideals
    • View Profile
Re: Tomoyo After
« Reply #90 on: September 27, 2012, 12:04:53 pm »
I came the to ascertain what I understood from the ending, but first of all I would like to thank you for translating the game, but I can't find the words that will contain all the gratitude I feel after completing the game, but anyway <bows> Arigatou gozaimashita!!!

I have read the previous posts but I still don't want to believe it. I would like a simple yes/no answer to my question in the spoiler below.

(click to show/hide)

And here's the second question. Aside from the bad end and the ending mentioned in this thread, does the game have more routes? Or only the ME does bring an alternative ending?

Offline Hanover Fist

• Usagimimi
    • View Profile
    • Hanover Fist Productions on YT
« Reply #91 on: September 27, 2012, 03:31:32 pm »
... I would like a simple yes/no answer to my question ...
(click to show/hide)

And here's the second question. Aside from the bad end and the ending mentioned in this thread, does the game have more routes? Or only the ME does bring an alternative ending?

(click to show/hide)

Offline Archer

• Closet Otaku
  • Fighting for Ideals
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 27, 2012, 10:49:08 pm »
As I thought. For a moment I doubted my understanding of english, but I wasn't mistaken.

(click to show/hide)

I know that's kind of emo, but I love these kind of stories ^^

Offline Okami

• Closet Otaku
  • I'm new here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 28, 2012, 04:02:34 am »
First of all, thank you very much for this translation. I know I haven't been waiting as long as most people but it doesn't mean my gratitude is any lesser.

Secondly, I doubt it but I would still love to know but is this the english patch for the Memorial Edition or does it only cover the normal game? I am not too sure of how it works exactly so forgive my ignorance.

Finally, considering the endings

(click to show/hide)

Thanks for listening to me, now I'm off to try and find the Memorial Edition while crossing my fingers in hope that the English patch works.

Offline Silly Helen

• Closet Otaku
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 28, 2012, 05:14:26 am »
First of all, thank you very much for this translation. I know I haven't been waiting as long as most people but it doesn't mean my gratitude is any lesser.

Secondly, I doubt it but I would still love to know but is this the english patch for the Memorial Edition or does it only cover the normal game? I am not too sure of how it works exactly so forgive my ignorance.

(click to show/hide)

Thanks for listening to me, now I'm off to try and find the Memorial Edition while crossing my fingers in hope that the English patch works.

No, my friend, the english patch will not work for ME. But fear not! It will come... well, it will come eventually. It has been said that it's the next thing they'll do after they return from their well deserved rest; work on the new scenes in the Memorial Edition.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Okami

• Closet Otaku
  • I'm new here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 28, 2012, 05:54:59 am »

(click to show/hide)

No, my friend, the english patch will not work for ME. But fear not! It will come... well, it will come eventually. It has been said that it's the next thing they'll do after they return from their well deserved rest; work on the new scenes in the Memorial Edition.

(click to show/hide)

After my post I've been searching about the Memorial Edition and ended up on a post saying they were playing on translating it. I was overjoyed of course. But thanks for clarifying that for me!

I also saw that they had released a Consumer Safe version for PS3 but I think the Memorial Edition is the same  but I would love a confirmation for that as I might have to import it (200$ yikes!) and learn Japanese to play it.

(click to show/hide)

And I done it again o.O

Offline Silly Helen

• Closet Otaku
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 28, 2012, 09:25:03 pm »
After my post I've been searching about the Memorial Edition and ended up on a post saying they were playing on translating it. I was overjoyed of course. But thanks for clarifying that for me!

I also saw that they had released a Consumer Safe version for PS3 but I think the Memorial Edition is the same  but I would love a confirmation for that as I might have to import it (200$ yikes!) and learn Japanese to play it.

(click to show/hide)

And I done it again o.O

That wall of text. o.O
I read it all, and only have one thing to say.

Oh, and about the adaptations... I heard there was one that was the same as ME but without D&T. Dunno if we're talking about the same, though.

Offline Okami

• Closet Otaku
  • I'm new here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 30, 2012, 07:28:53 am »
That wall of text. o.O
I read it all, and only have one thing to say.

Oh, and about the adaptations... I heard there was one that was the same as ME but without D&T. Dunno if we're talking about the same, though.

For the other version, all I know is that the Memorial Edition has no H scenes and is 50% more longer. I have no idea if D&T is in it but to be honest, it's not that important to me. All I want is more Tomoyo.

Offline Silly Helen

• Closet Otaku
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 30, 2012, 08:58:23 am »
For the other version, all I know is that the Memorial Edition has no H scenes and is 50% more longer. I have no idea if D&T is in it but to be honest, it's not that important to me. All I want is more Tomoyo.

Nah, the ME has D&T; I was talking about that ridiculously expensive port.

50% more :tomoyo:! Saves you from witnessing H-scenes that make you burst laughing from the awkwardness!
(click to show/hide)
All in all, it's a 100% more enjoyable experience. Reserve it now, on the J-box!

Or whatever you use to buy these games. If only I was wealthier, I'd use it all the time. ;_;

Offline arceus12345

• Closet Otaku
  • I'm new here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 30, 2012, 08:14:58 pm »
Can someone tell me how to access the mini-games? I've finished/beaten the visual novel, and can't find any options on the title screen.

Offline Silly Helen

• Closet Otaku
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 30, 2012, 11:46:24 pm »
Can someone tell me how to access the mini-games? I've finished/beaten the visual novel, and can't find any options on the title screen.

Play normally until July 20 or so, then Kanako should prompt you to play Dungeons and Takafumis, which unlocks it in the title screen. If she does not prompt you, it's that you're still missing stuff, no idea if bad ends count or not. :'V
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 11:16:11 am by Silly Helen »

Offline Nymphetamine2791

• Tsundere
  • Aka Nymph The Hopeless Romantic
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #101 on: October 02, 2012, 06:38:40 am »
It's been a long wait, but well worth it. Thanks again for all your hard work, only problem for me is that you released this during some of my exams, haha.

"There isn't a single guy who doesn't want to spoil his girl."
--Amagami SS

Offline Daller

• Closet Otaku
  • Recovering from Tomoyo: After
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 03, 2012, 09:29:14 pm »
There is no way i can express my gratitude to the entire Doki VN department in words, so i will just say this:

THANK YOU for that amazing experience that was Tomoyo: After Story. I will forever remember what i have just experienced.

As a guy in my twenties i rarely cry. The only times i have cried for like the last 10 years has been when i have been watching or rewatching Clannad, and recently when my grandfather died.
But this. Oh lord. For the entire duration of the Tomoyo After: After, i had tears in my eyes, and towards the end the dam breached and i sat there crying like a kid for 10 minutes.
This is the most emotional experience i have ever had, and i would recommend it to anyone, anytime.

I wish you all the best of luck for any future VN subbing.

/Daller, a forever grateful Clannad lover

Offline ElcartVorador

• Closet Otaku
  • Sssshhh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 11, 2012, 11:05:41 pm »
There is no way i can express my gratitude to the entire Doki VN department in words, so i will just say this:

THANK YOU for that amazing experience that was Tomoyo: After Story. I will forever remember what i have just experienced.

But this. Oh lord. For the entire duration of the Tomoyo After: After, i had tears in my eyes, and towards the end the dam breached and i sat there crying like a kid for 10 minutes.
This is the most emotional experience i have ever had, and i would recommend it to anyone, anytime.

I wish you all the best of luck for any future VN subbing.

Took the words right out of my mouth. Although, the experience left me slightly jaded. Perhaps I was hoping for a different outcome because of Clannad, than what TA:IAWL offered. A part of me feels as if there was a degree of punishment exercised by Key and the VN team to Tomoyo fans out there with the way this one ended. I am unsure, as these mixed feelings are hard for me to grasp.

(click to show/hide)
"A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject." ~ Winston Churchill

Offline NanayaEmiya

• Closet Otaku
  • Siebzehn Dissektion
    • View Profile
    • OtakuNoYoru
« Reply #104 on: October 13, 2012, 03:14:27 am »
 :tomoyo: :tomoyo: :tomoyo: :tomoyo: :tomoyo:
Sorry to break the melancholic atmosphere as I really appreciate the prowess of those spoiler tags, thanks for keeping those "a la bio-hazardous, top-secret" files awaaaaay from me! LoL. But anyways, I bumped here to humbly ask a noob question:

- How to resize (custom) window mode of TA:IAWL?

As everyone may have known, Tomoyo After’s default resolution is 4:3. But in my case (and others, I believe) the display was stretched in widescreen (eg. 16:9) when fullscreened.

I’ve tried the ’right-click-properties-compatibilities’ method to manually change the resolution but it didn’t help. What I am trying to achieve is to run the game under a larger 4:3 window mode resolution while my monitor’s settings are untouched.
Please, any suggestion, recommendation, how-to or whatnot are deeply appreciated.

* minnasan gomeiwaku suimasen, soshite arigato gozaimas!
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
"...So as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works!"