Author Topic: Sword Art Online ~Augmented Reality Wallpaper Project~  (Read 7987 times)

Offline Azerik

• Closet Otaku
  • I'm new here!
    • View Profile
Sword Art Online ~Augmented Reality Wallpaper Project~
« on: August 14, 2012, 06:45:06 am »

God I haven't posted here since the old forum crashed...anyway on to business. I wasn't sure where to post this, but seems as good a place as any.

I'm starting a huge photo manipulation project, that will basically recreate the GUI of the fictional MMORPG Sword Art Online, as it is shown in the Anime of the same name. So far its just me and my photographer buddy, but if anyone is interested in assisting us with the project, help would be very welcome.

There are several ways you can assist with the project:

1) Submitting Photos: We of course need good quality high resolution photographs for this project, and it would be a bit bland if we could only use pictures of me and my buddy. If you have anywhere near your home that you think would fit into the setting of an MMORPG (Examples include fields of tall grass, wooded areas, beaches, rock climbing areas, etc...), and a good camera, try taking some pictures to be used as stock, or even get some POV shots, with your hand (plural if you can manage that with a tripod) out, as if you were pushing a button in the air.

2) Recreating the GUI: Only 6 episodes in, we've already seen a decent amount of the SAO GUI (Graphical User Interface), so all we need to do is recreate those menus and buttons in photoshop and similar programs. This is arguable the most important job, as we need to GUI's to be accurate to the Anime, and in a format we can use over and over.

3) Photo Manipulation: You can also of course help by compiling the stock photos and the recreated GUI images into a manipulated photo,that will be considered for inclusion in the project release.

4) Spread the Word: We need a lot of help, so even if you can't do any of the above, you can still tell your friends, and get them to tell their friends.

Apologies to the mods if this is in the wrong spot, and thanks to anyone who offers to help. To apply for the project send me an email or reply to this post.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 09:17:41 pm by Azerik »