Author Topic: Post your collection!  (Read 149845 times)

Offline Hanover Fist

• Usagimimi
    • View Profile
    • Hanover Fist Productions on YT
Re: Post your collection!
« Reply #105 on: June 30, 2013, 03:22:02 pm »
True, but it's been accumulating for a long time: The anime & manga are the newest additions - only this century. It's been even longer for the graphic novels. Let alone all the books that have been stacking up for the last 25 years.

Offline Rokudaime

• Cosplayer
  • Keyfag and Type-Moon junkie
    • View Profile
    • Rokudaime's YouTube account
« Reply #106 on: July 01, 2013, 01:41:55 pm »
Hey, Roku!  Nice pics.  I actually don't have that specific Clannad pillow, but I have come across it before.  Nonetheless, you've inspired me to take some pictures of some of the items in my collection.  I'll post them up soon!

I can't wait! ^^
Taisetsu no mono wa, jibun no mite, kite, kangaeru koto sa.

Offline Rokudaime

• Cosplayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 01, 2013, 03:04:14 pm »
Well, like I've mentioned a couple of times now, I don't really feel like actually posting pictures of each one of my manga volumes either. That would take forever, and it would clog up the thread anyway. I have even more than Hanover Fist (in terms of number of books, not in number of series) lol (manga that is. I don't really buy anime). Although I suppose I could do like him and post a picture of just the entire shelf itself...:

I also have all the volumes from pt 1 of Naruto (so 1-27), and the first 30 or so volumes of Bleach, but they aren't in the shelf (I've run out of space lol...). In total, I have:

1. A Certain Scientific Railgun (To Aru Kagaku no Railgun) 1-4.
2. Bunny Drop (Usagi Drop) 1 (not read yet. Waiting until I've watched the anime. Yes, I watch the anime of a series first, and then read the manga, instead of the other way around).
3. Death Note 1-12+extras (complete series).
4. Fate/stay night 1-10 (Tokyopop died before they could finish localizing the manga...*grumble*...).
5. Girl Friends 1-2 [1-5] (complete series. Yuri manga. I'm a yuri fan. This one is very good imo).
6. Strawberry Panic (there's only one volume of the manga. That's the complete collection. Another yuri series. The anime is actually longer and better...).
7. Black Lagoon 1-3 (not read yet. Same reason as with Usagi Drop).
8. GetBackers 1-27 (Tokyopop died before they could finish this one as well. It's actually 39 volumes long. I haven't read all of what I have though).
9. K-ON! 1-2.
10. GTO (Great Teacher Onizuka) 1-25 (complete series).
11. GTO: The Early Years/Shonan Junai Gumi 1-13 [1-26] (I'm missing 2 [5]. Thankfully Vertical was allowed by Kodansha Comics to pick this up where Tokyopop left off after they died).
12. GTO: 14 Days in Shonan 1-4.
13. The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi-chan/Suzumiya Haruhi-chan no Yuutsu 1-5 (I've only read the first volume though lol).
14. The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi/Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu 1-11 (I've only read the first 3 volumes. Since I've seen all of the anime, I'm finding it hard to read all the volumes that have been featured in the anime in order to get to the new and cool manga/LN only content).
15. Mardock Scramble 1-3 (not yet read).
16. Higurashi When They Cry (stupid official English translation. Should be "When the Higurashi Cry)/Higurashi no Naku Koro ni 1-18+a sidestory/spinoff volume (which sucks. The sidestory I mean. The main series is awesome. Both the anime and the manga).
17. Kannazuki no Miko 1-2 (complete series. Yuri again).
18. Love Hina 1-14 (complete series).
19. Omamori Himari 0-3 (that's 4 volumes).
20. Is This a Zombie?/Kore wa Zombie Desuka? 1 (not yet read. Same reason as with Usagi Drop).
21. Mushishi 1 (not yet read. See above).
22. Lucky Star 1-8.
23. Spice & Wolf 1-2 (not yet read. See above).
24. Soul Eater 1-2 (not yet read. See above).
25. Ouran High School Host Club 1-3 (volume 1 is in the bottom right corner of the shelf, away from the other two volumes).
26. My-HIME/Mai-HimE 1-5 (complete series).
27. Naruto 28-33 (I have 1-27 is in a separate shelf).
28. Sundome 1-8 (complete series).
29. Negima! 1-38 (complete series. Though Akamatsu claims he plans to continue it some day...).
30. Negima!? Neo 1-7 (complete series).
31. Rose Hip Zero 1-5 (complete series).
32. Rose Hip Rose 1-4 (complete series).
33. Tenjo/Tenjou Tenge 1-11 [1-22] (complete series).
34. Strawberry/Ichigo 100% 1-14 (one of the only two manga series in existence that Shonen Jump Advanced have been doing and have cancelled before they finished them...Typical my luck...There are 19 volumes in all...).
35. Bakuman 1 (not yet read. Same reason as with the other series I haven't read yet).
36. Black Cat 1 (I've actually seen the anime, but I haven't read this one yet...Not sure if I will...).
37. Genshiken 1 (not yet read. Same reason as with Bakuman).
38. Rosario+Vampire 1 (not yet read. See above).
39. Samurai Harem: Asu no Yoichi 1 (just haven't gotten around to reading this one yet. Probably pointless anyway though, since I won't be able to get ahold of the other volumes, since Tokyopop is dead...).
40. And of course, the 30+ something (I have them stored away in a plastic bag in the closet, so I'm not gonna go and check exactly how many I have lol) volumes of Bleach.

One question for you Hanover Fist: Is A.I. Love You any good? I like Love Hina, and Negima is my second-favourite manga of all time (after GTO. Too bad all the anime adaptations of Negima are crap though...Sigh...), so I was thinking of checking that one out since I seem to like all of Akamatsu's major works.

Offline Rokudaime

• Cosplayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 01, 2013, 03:05:52 pm »
True, but it's been accumulating for a long time: The anime & manga are the newest additions - only this century. It's been even longer for the graphic novels. Let alone all the books that have been stacking up for the last 25 years.

I'd just like to point out that a century is 100 years. I think you mean decade. :P That's 10 years.

Offline Hanover Fist

• Usagimimi
    • View Profile
    • Hanover Fist Productions on YT
« Reply #109 on: July 01, 2013, 07:42:16 pm »
It's been years since I read A.I. Love You - I just re-read a little of the first volume. From what I remember it was a cute story. It was Ken Akamatsu's first big series and you can watch the art improve from beginning to end. Also it might be hard to suspend your disbelief that a sophisticated A.I. can run on a '90s PCs with floppy discs as the main storage. So yes, it has flaws but it's good.

It is true that a century is 100 years. However, this century - the 21st century - has only lasted about 13 years[1] so far. Apparently my humor there failed to make it through.

[1] Oh my, I'd happily forgotten about the y2k and the "when does a century start - 2000 or 2001?" debates. So 12.5 years based on 2001, but some may still say it's been 13.5 years with 2000 as the century's start.

Offline Rokudaime

• Cosplayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 01, 2013, 08:50:04 pm »
Ah...Sorry for not getting/picking up on that one. ( ^_^')

Offline shawurai

• Tsundere
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 01, 2013, 09:00:54 pm »
No images for the moment but since every one started posting their manga collection here's the list of manga I bought.
I'm not going to write everything down as (1) there's too much, (2) I'm too lazy and (3) you should be able to see the list here:

http://www.manga-news.com/index.php/collection-manga/shawurai

Note that these are all French releases. Actually no, some are orignal JP releases (marked VO). The columns should be easy to understand even if you don't know the language.

I shall speak neither hurtful nor harsh word, but shall speak respectfully, even of my enemies, for temperate words may turn aside anger.

Offline Rokudaime

• Cosplayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 02, 2013, 04:21:40 pm »
That's a lot of manga! :O Also, there's a Shoujo Sect manga?! ( °٢° ) I had no idea. Do you know if that one has been published in English? I can never have enough yuri!

Offline shawurai

• Tsundere
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 02, 2013, 05:50:18 pm »
That's a lot of manga! :O Also, there's a Shoujo Sect manga?! ( °٢° ) I had no idea. Do you know if that one has been published in English? I can never have enough yuri!

Couldn't find anything about it being published in English. It is only 2 volumes so there's a change it could get picked up eventually if there's anough intrest for yuri. Yuri manga haven't been appearing for that long in France. Right now there's only 1 publisher that releases yuri. On the other hand yaoi is a huge market in France. There's times where you'll get almost weekly announcements about new licenses. Yuri licenses come in about once every month or two.

Just look at the difference in releases in France :( (I want more yuri !!)

Yuri:
http://www.manga-news.com/index.php/type/Yuri

Yaoi:
http://www.manga-news.com/index.php/type/Yaoi

I shall speak neither hurtful nor harsh word, but shall speak respectfully, even of my enemies, for temperate words may turn aside anger.

Offline Rokudaime

• Cosplayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 02, 2013, 05:59:41 pm »

Couldn't find anything about it being published in English. It is only 2 volumes so there's a change it could get picked up eventually if there's anough intrest for yuri. Yuri manga haven't been appearing for that long in France. Right now there's only 1 publisher that releases yuri. On the other hand yaoi is a huge market in France. There's times where you'll get almost weekly announcements about new licenses. Yuri licenses come in about once every month or two.

Just look at the difference in releases in France :( (I want more yuri !!)

Yuri:
http://www.manga-news.com/index.php/type/Yuri

Yaoi:
http://www.manga-news.com/index.php/type/Yaoi

Ye, it's the same in most western countries actually, not just France...There's virtually no yuri here in Norway at all, but tons of yaoi. :( Having lived in England for 5 months, I know it's the same there as well. From what I've heard, it's a little better in the US, but not by much...So unfair... ;_; I'm a big yuri fan, so I totally feel your pain bro.

Offline shawurai

• Tsundere
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 07, 2013, 03:07:54 pm »
Bought some more manga.
A few volumes are missing and I'm going to try ordering those online.

Offline ixlone

• Loli Collector
  • Administrator
  • Nekomimi
  • Mmm... Miku!
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 26, 2013, 03:38:49 pm »
Lastest arrivals:

:kyh: KYH figure.

Aya pillow. http://kobato.hologfx.com/images/u/608044360.jpg bottom one of those, I'd like the top one too, cos Saya is my favourite.

:asuna: :silica: Asuna and Silica straps.

Offline Rokudaime

• Cosplayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 26, 2013, 09:29:34 pm »
I bought some more manga recently, but it's probably not very interesting to post pictures of that. I don't really feel like posting pictures of my new manga every time I buy some anyway. :P

Offline kenjinsakura

• C-Box Member
  • Closet Otaku
  • I'm new here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 27, 2013, 05:11:55 am »
New dakis came today!

Sonokoe Utae
I blame cbox for making me remember R-15

Sakurakouji Luna / Ookura Risona
From 「乙女理論とその周辺-Ecole de Paris-」by Navel. Came with the limited edition.

Gallery of current collection:
http://kenjinsakura.minus.com/mVGtNt80NxiL2

Offline Rokudaime

• Cosplayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 27, 2013, 08:35:12 pm »
Is that Navel game good? I'm a fan of SHUFFLE!, so...I might check it out. It doesn't appear to have an English patch available though.