Author Topic: Tomoyo After Game Error Thread  (Read 58225 times)

Offline Delwack

• Closet Otaku
  • Doki Visual Novel Department
    • View Profile
Re: Tomoyo After Game Error Thread
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2012, 02:30:12 pm »
EDIT: I tested with Japanese version and it does the same thing, so most likely this isn't relevant to anything, then. Sorry.

Transition after July 2nd, after Tomoya says something like "It was a firey dinner."

Playing on Windows 7. The screen transitions to black like normal but then locks up and displays the REALLIVE.EXE has crashed junk. Happens every time, have tried reinstalling as well.

I'm guessing it is hanging when it's calling the opening video, for some reason.  Perhaps some codec filter/setup you have is messing with it.  You can try removing the opening video, and see if that helps, or tweak your codec/filter setup for .mpgs.

Offline Beardkittes

• Closet Otaku
  • I'm new here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2012, 12:11:48 pm »
Hello Doki forums, I unfortunately have an issue with my Tomoyo IaWL game.

My OS is Windows XP, to make this problem less general.

The details go as follows: I can boot up and change the setting in the menu, and the menu theme plays fine. But whenever I try to start a new game (June 28th) I get an error message that looks like this:

RealLIVE error: FatalError: Could not find a suitable font.

What do?

Offline Rokudaime

• Cosplayer
  • Keyfag and Type-Moon junkie
    • View Profile
    • Rokudaime's YouTube account
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2012, 01:06:21 am »

The details go as follows: I can boot up and change the setting in the menu, and the menu theme plays fine. But whenever I try to start a new game (June 28th) I get an error message that looks like this:

What do?

Beardkittes, look here: http://doki.co/2012/09/22/tomoyo-after-english-patch-v1/comment-page-9/#comments     And then check my responses to "alenus". Hopefully that should fix your problem. :-) I think you're missing the necessary Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables. Let me know how it works out.
Taisetsu no mono wa, jibun no mite, kite, kangaeru koto sa.

Offline Beardkittes

• Closet Otaku
  • I'm new here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2012, 02:32:28 pm »

What do?

Beardkittes, look here: http://doki.co/2012/09/22/tomoyo-after-english-patch-v1/comment-page-9/#comments     And then check my responses to "alenus". Hopefully that should fix your problem. :-) I think you're missing the necessary Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables. Let me know how it works out.

All right, The game loaded and I can see english subtitles on June 28th's scenes, so I am assuming that the rest of game is working fine too.

Thanks.

Offline Rokudaime

• Cosplayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2012, 03:37:01 pm »

What do?

All right, The game loaded and I can see english subtitles on June 28th's scenes, so I am assuming that the rest of game is working fine too.

Thanks.

Glad I could help! ^^

Offline minhtnguyen97

• Closet Otaku
  • I'm new here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2012, 08:28:04 pm »
I am having garbled text :/ Any idea on how to fix this? It happens during gameplay and I am currently using a windows 7

Offline Rokudaime

• Cosplayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2012, 09:28:51 pm »
I am having garbled text :/ Any idea on how to fix this? It happens during gameplay and I am currently using a windows 7
Is the name of your game folder something unreadable/something strange? Or maybe in Japanese? Because that can sometimes cause that error to happen. Try renaming the game folder to something simple like "Tomoyo After" for example. If that's not it/doesn't work, make sure to do a clean install of the game, and then a clean install of the patch (after renaming the game folder).

Offline minhtnguyen97

• Closet Otaku
  • I'm new here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2012, 09:33:22 pm »
Is the name of your game folder something unreadable/something strange? Or maybe in Japanese? Because that can sometimes cause that error to happen. Try renaming the game folder to something simple like "Tomoyo After" for example. If that's not it/doesn't work, make sure to do a clean install of the game, and then a clean install of the patch (after renaming the game folder).

I've tried that and it still has the garbled text

Offline Rokudaime

• Cosplayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2012, 10:04:32 pm »

I've tried that and it still has the garbled text

Well, there shouldn't be any need for you to change your Locale to Japanese, since you're using Windows 7, but try doing that anyway. Also, make sure you're running the game with admin privileges. And you probably know this, but just in case: If your copy of TA is the Memorial Edition of the game, then it will not work with this patch. This patch is for the regular version of TA only, and it is not compatible with the ME of the game.

If none of that works, the only other thing I can think of is that you have a different version of Reallive or something, that doesn't work with our patch. Navigate to your reallive.exe on your computer, right click it, click "properties", and then "details", to check your version. It should be something like 1.3.5.4. Let me know how things turn out.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 11:28:18 pm by Rokudaime »

Offline Ryngear

• Closet Otaku
  • I'm new here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2012, 02:26:30 pm »

What do?

Yeah I have the exact same issue basically except, i have all of my visual C++ and what not fully updated and I don't get an error about the font. The font just doesn't appear. Just like this person above me, it works fine and everything's in English and I can mess with the settings, except when I click START and try a new game (June 28th, Monday), everything appears EXCEPT the dialogue and therefore music stops and then game crashes and RealLive doesn't respond. So I don't even get to see any text. I tried updating whatever I needed, but idk.. I'ma try reinstalling a few more times but it's disappointing.. I can't even start playing it yet lol.. Maybe I missed something helpful on the site? idk. x; Help would be appreciated lol.

Offline Rokudaime

• Cosplayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2012, 10:24:39 pm »

What do?

Yeah I have the exact same issue basically except, i have all of my visual C++ and what not fully updated and I don't get an error about the font. The font just doesn't appear. Just like this person above me, it works fine and everything's in English and I can mess with the settings, except when I click START and try a new game (June 28th, Monday), everything appears EXCEPT the dialogue and therefore music stops and then game crashes and RealLive doesn't respond. So I don't even get to see any text. I tried updating whatever I needed, but idk.. I'ma try reinstalling a few more times but it's disappointing.. I can't even start playing it yet lol.. Maybe I missed something helpful on the site? idk. x; Help would be appreciated lol.

Right, first things first: I know you probably already know this, but I have to mention it just in case: Make sure you're not using an old BakaTsuki patch together with the Doki one, as that won't work. Even if you think you aren't doing so, the copy of the game that you have, if downloaded from the internet, may very well have a BakaTsuki patch already installed. That is not the case if what you downloaded is not a folder but a DVD image file though of course.

Secondly, there might simply be something wrong with your copy of the game, or the RealLive.exe. So make sure the copy of the game you're using is a working one (check if others have used it successfully). If you've replaced your RealLive.exe at some point (I know there are people posting download versions of the game that tell you to replace the original RealLive.exe with a cracked one for example), then retreive the original one again. The correct version number for your RealLive.exe should be 1.3.5.4, so check that.

Finally, in your Windows control panel, and language settings, change your Windows locale to Japan, and the language for non-unicode programs to Japanese, even if you are using Windows 7, and not Windows XP (if you're using XP you can also alternatively use Applocale).

Try all of those things, and see if it helps. :-)

Offline Shadow 62

• Closet Otaku
  • I'm new here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2012, 08:09:45 am »
I have pretty much the same problem as rungear. loading the game runs smoothly with no problems. I can go in the menus just fine. But when I go to start a game the music plays and just as the first bits of text should appear the game crashes and I get a message saying reallive has stopped working. When i run the game normal without the patch everything works fine (apart from not being able to read Japanese).

I am running windows 7. I have set my settings to Japanese, have tried with the latest c++ and the 2005, and 2008. I have downloaded the different game clients from multiple sources each with the same result.

I am very confused as to why it does not work. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Offline Rokudaime

• Cosplayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2012, 12:13:57 am »
Shadow, can you check what version of RealLive you are using?

Offline Shadow 62

• Closet Otaku
  • I'm new here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2012, 01:05:30 am »

Offline Rokudaime

• Cosplayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2012, 01:33:34 am »
Ok, Shadow, a couple of things:
1. Can you check in your Windows Font folder, and see if you have the font called "MS UI Gothic" (not "MS Gothic" or "MS PGothic")? The file should have 3 Japanese characters on it. If you're missing it, that "might" be it. But if that's not it:
2. Are you able to grab the module that is causing the crash, and see if it is it reallive.exe or rlbabel.dll? If you could post the windows error report, what the information in it says, exactly, word for word, other than just "reallive has stopped working" (if there is any other info that is), then that would likely help us isolate the problem a bit more. Specifically, we need to know what the error code was and which module it was in. The error should have occured either in reallive.exe or rlbabel.dll.