Author Topic: Authorised torrents and trusted users  (Read 20188 times)

Offline Holo

• Administrator
  • Tsundere
    • View Profile
    • Doki Fansubs
Authorised torrents and trusted users
« on: July 17, 2017, 12:26:25 am »
I'm now working on authorised torrents and trusted users.

A torrent will be authorised if a group member posts it with the appropriate group tag.

For example, if the user "Holo" belonging to the group "Doki" posts a torrent tagged with [Doki], then this torrent will be marked as authorised.
Torrents tagged with a group uploaded by a user not belonging to that group will not be marked as authorised.
So if the user "Holo" not belonging to the group "Chihiro" posts a torrent tagged with [Chihiro], then this torrent will not be marked as authorised.

Because this system does not account for people such as https://anidex.info/?page=user&id=8100, an alternate system will be used for these people.
Since these torrents don't belong to a group, the only way to deal with these will be to use a "Trusted User" system.
In order to become a trusted user, you need to have contributed a significant amount of good content to AniDex, such as https://anidex.info/?page=user&id=7449 and https://anidex.info/?page=user&id=8100.

Active groups will have an option of not allowing non group members to upload torrents containing their tag in future (exceptions will apply, eg if your group is long inactive, then others will be allowed to upload torrents containing your tag).

Please discuss below...

Edit: Scene style tagging (using a suffix of "-tag" as opposed to a prefix of [tag] is also supported)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 10:03:27 pm by Holo »

Offline Knuckalex

• Closet Otaku
    • View Profile
Re: Authorised torrents and trusted users
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2017, 11:18:17 am »
Well, since i'm a little "group", i prefer to validate thing manually... BUT it would be very usefull for big groups, i guess.

Active groups will have an option of not allowing non group members to upload torrents containing their tag in future
i'll use it  :hinata:

Offline Catar

• Closet Otaku
  • lazy remuxer
    • View Profile
    • CTR Release Index
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2017, 07:19:57 pm »
Would it be possible to support scene-style group tags as well as Anime-style?

My releases use scene naming (e.g. Tamako.Market.S01.720p-Hi10p.BluRay.AAC2.0.x264-CTR), where the "-CTR" indicates the group tag. I'm assuming this probably won't be picked up by your default parser if it's looking for [AnimeGroup] tags.

Offline DJATOM

• Closet Otaku
  • I'm new here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2017, 07:43:19 pm »
https://anidex.info/?page=group&id=10 - it appears that only "main group tag" got Authorized mark. A certain idea came to my mind: since people sometimes making the joints, it would be nice to have aliases (secondary tags) for groups.

Offline Holo

• Administrator
  • Tsundere
    • View Profile
    • Doki Fansubs
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2017, 09:39:03 pm »
Would it be possible to support scene-style group tags as well as Anime-style?

My releases use scene naming (e.g. Tamako.Market.S01.720p-Hi10p.BluRay.AAC2.0.x264-CTR), where the "-CTR" indicates the group tag. I'm assuming this probably won't be picked up by your default parser if it's looking for [AnimeGroup] tags.
You are correct, right now only the [tag] at the beginning of a torrent is matched.
Adding support for what you want should be doable.

Edit: I've changed the way to detect the tag, and now both styles will be detected.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 10:02:32 pm by Holo »

Offline Holo

• Administrator
  • Tsundere
    • View Profile
    • Doki Fansubs
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2017, 09:46:39 pm »
https://anidex.info/?page=group&id=10 - it appears that only "main group tag" got Authorized mark. A certain idea came to my mind: since people sometimes making the joints, it would be nice to have aliases (secondary tags) for groups.
There will be a system in place for joints in future...

And yes, at the moment, only the main tag is being detected, as you can only enter 1 tag. I am going to add support for multiple tags soon.

Offline wellivea1

• Closet Otaku
  • Co-leader at Harunatsu and fansubbing nomad.
    • View Profile
    • Harunatsu Fansubs
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2017, 12:07:33 am »
What are the criteria for being trusted? You seem to be a lot less choosy than nyaa.se was. That's good because that just turned into a far too biased system.:misaka:

Offline Holo

• Administrator
  • Tsundere
    • View Profile
    • Doki Fansubs
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2017, 07:15:55 am »
What are the criteria for being trusted? You seem to be a lot less choosy than nyaa.se was. That's good because that just turned into a far too biased system.:misaka:
I look at a few things when giving out trusted status.

- If you have uploaded a significant amount of well seeded and downloaded torrents to AniDex (>100).
- If you have been a member of AniDex for at least 2 weeks.
- These torrents should be correctly categorised and tagged (as appropriate).
- No one has reported you for uploading "bad" torrents (troll/mislabeled content etc).

Of course this is a completely objective system, therefore none of the bias exists, lol.

So far I have only been applying these to users who upload torrents which can't be classified into the Authorised system because they aren't in Groups (basically JAV and hentai uploaders)

I'll start having a look at other users soon.

Offline orchid13

• Closet Otaku
  • Beast is unchained, untamed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2017, 06:12:39 pm »
Job well done, Holo. But I am more excited about the TOP release system which shows TOP release for certain anime. Please make thread(post) for it too.
"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof."