Author Topic: The Season So Far...  (Read 57452 times)

Offline Dys

• Registered Tsundere
  • Global Moderator
  • Cosplayer
  • Wasuremono wa arimasen ka?
    • View Profile
The Season So Far...
« on: July 12, 2011, 10:22:38 am »
Wondering people's opinions on the current season after the first episode or two of everything.

I haven't seen much myself yet.

Mayo Chiki was a let down though... ;_;

Offline Nanakoto

• Closet Otaku
    • View Profile
Re: The Season So Far...
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2011, 04:59:13 pm »
I think Itsuka Tenma is pretty good and rokyubu looks pretty nice. I havent seen much at the moment myself either but I don't think Mayo Chiki was that much of a let down.

Offline R3MB0

• Closet Otaku
  • ALL HAIL ANIME!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2011, 06:32:36 pm »
I think I already wacthed almost all of this season anime's first episode that have been released, except Manyuu Hikenchou.. Mayo Chiki still good i think.. for me, the most anticipated anime this season are baka test ni, natsume yuujinchou san, and usagi drop.. and guess what, i'm very satisfy, they really didn't make me down.. ro-kyu-bu! is one of the 'unexpected interesting' for me.. nekogami yaoyorozu is a total let down for me, cannot watch for half episode..
"Peace cannot be kept by force, it only can be achieved by understanding" -Gundam 00 Movie : A wakening of the Trailblazer-

Offline Hanover Fist

• Usagimimi
    • View Profile
    • Hanover Fist Productions on YT
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2011, 07:28:38 pm »
So far, Usagi Drop is my favorite new show of the season. I read a couple chapters of the manga online, but ages ago, over a year(?). So for now I'm getting a strong sense of deja vu and I know I'll like this series. Natsume Yuujin-chou San is another happy and familiar tale as it goes into it's third season and the same is true with Blood-C. I'm also happily continuing Hanasaku Iroha and Steins;Gate from last season. I'm looking forward to Higurashi's new OVAs and Appleseed XIII.

It would be nice if Mayo Chiki turns out as funny and offbeat as MM! but it's too soon to say. I might also follow Kamisama Dolls and No. 6. This all depends on the next few episodes. R-15 looks like it might be good once the blue rays come out ;).

I haven't seen Kamisama no Memochou, Ikoku Meiro and Vitamin X Addiction, but I'm curious about them. I may also check out Manyuu Hikenchou.

Offline Zarich

• Pettanko Lover
  • C-Box Member
  • Closet Otaku
  • Hammerheart-ed
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2011, 04:08:37 am »
Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi- Has a KoreZom? feeling and is pretty enjoyable for a first episode
Ikoku Meiro no Croisée- Nice Slice of Life. Has a Relaxed Feeling like Aria
Kamisama no Memochou- A cool mystery with a NEET loli. I approve of the fan-service in the end of Ep 1
Mayo Chiki!- I've read the manga so I have my hopes up. It accomplishes that so far.
NBA-Lolis- Nice and Fun Sports with Lolis. Probably the fist Sports anime I have seen
Yuruyuri- its Shoujo-ai. 'nuff said.

Offline APOCALYPSE

• C-Box Member
  • Closet Otaku
  • Cbox Camper / Eu Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2011, 04:21:06 am »
Yuru Yuri - I liked ep 1/2. As long as it doesnt get any further than breast fondling or hugging or stuff like that, I think it'll end up being pretty good. The first 2 episodes have already gotten more than a few laughs from me :D

Kamisama no Memochou - Loved the first ep, Both the main girls seem awesome and the main male doesn't seem like a tool. This series definitely has potential and is already pretty cool.

Itsuka Tenma - Awesome. Himea is damn good lookin. Maybe a little too much ecchi for what I expected, but as long as it's in good taste, doesn't matter.

Mayo Chiki! - I enjoyed it a lot. The art is pretty good and the girls are good looking, and tsundere is always welcome. Hopefully it can keep up the laughs.

Ikoku Meiro - I like it. the loli is cute :D

No. 6 - Shonen-ai

Baka to Test 2 - AWESOME. I was laughing most of the time up to the very end. The entire first episode was hilarious and I hope it can keep this up.

R-15 - Had plenty of (censored) fan service. Has a few good laughs too. The BDs will definitely be worth getting if the TV version remains so censored -.-
sup dood

Offline Mimori

• Closet Otaku
  • ねこの森には帰れない
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr~
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2011, 10:53:55 am »
NBA-Lolis

This cracks me up every time I see it. Every single time. :'D
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 10:55:29 am by Mimori »

Offline Elvin21

• Closet Otaku
  • I'm new here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2011, 06:20:01 pm »
For me No. 6 is a great one, then Usagi Drop. Kamisama Dolls is kinda getting better as it progresses (in my opinion). And the NBA lolis... hehehe!

Offline AzureHakua

• Half-Ghost Seeking Death
  • Cosplayer
  • Kore de ii?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2011, 10:31:12 pm »
NBA-Lolis

This cracks me up every time I see it. Every single time. :'D

Yeah me too! I've also seen people call it Loliball which makes me laugh as well.

This season has been pretty good with the moe category, so I'm enjoying Yuruyuri, im@s, Loliball, and Usagi Drop. I can't forget BakaTest 2 either.

Offline Zarich

• Pettanko Lover
  • C-Box Member
  • Closet Otaku
  • Hammerheart-ed
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2011, 03:31:13 am »
New Show for Today. Dantalian No Shoka. I love the Manga....and I love the anime. The first episode just made it my favorite of the season so far. Plus, the ED is Glorious.

Offline Zerpo

• Rin's Slave
  • C-Box Member
  • Yandere
  • Jimmy 'Kage' Kuneto
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2011, 05:30:36 am »
I have to say that so far ive enjoyed watching Itsuka Tenma, NBA lolis, Mayo Chiki, R-15, and Yuruyuri. So far they have all kept me wanting to watch more :)
SO much love...
Firstly, DAMN YOU ZERPO for picking three of my favourites.
Damn you Zerpo =_=

Offline APOCALYPSE

• C-Box Member
  • Closet Otaku
  • Cbox Camper / Eu Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2011, 03:36:49 am »
New Show for Today. Dantalian No Shoka. I love the Manga....and I love the anime. The first episode just made it my favorite of the season so far. Plus, the ED is Glorious.

Yeah I liked the first ep a lot :D

Except WTF is with that ED?
sup dood

Offline Hanover Fist

• Usagimimi
    • View Profile
    • Hanover Fist Productions on YT
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2011, 06:28:31 pm »
Above and beyond my definites from last post, I'll certainly be following Kamisama no Memochou. Mayo Chiki is funny enough to follow, but not outstanding to me. Kamisama Dolls - maybe - I'll give it another couple eps. No. 6 just isn't holding my interest - dropped. R-15 can wait until BDs are released.

Ikoku Meiro and Manyuu Hikenchou I have, but they're on the "To Watch" list when I have time. I'm also checking out the Baka to Test s1 ... maybe I'll finish it and get to s2.

Offline Krozam

• C-Box Member
  • Mahou Shoujo
  • GM of The Wings of Hall RPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2011, 03:58:45 am »
Let's see... I still haven't tried everything I intend to, but here are my opinions so far:

Mayo Chiki - After the first 5 minutes I already knew I wouldn't like it, so I stopped right there. There's something about the concept and storytelling style that I just don't like.
Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi - I've read a few chapters of the manga, so I already knew the story starts interesting. It's not great, but it's above my dropping line.
Dantalian no Shoka - One of the best of the season. Reminds me of Gosick, only with none of its weaknesses.
Kamisama no Memo-chou - This one reminds me of Gosick, too, lol. Far higher quality mysteries, though. The characters, unfortunately, are only so-so.
Ikoku Meiro no Croisée - Cute, great backgrounds, but at least the first episode was slightly boring. Stalled it, I'll need to be in a very special mood to really enjoy something like this.
Nurarihyon no Mago S2 - I'm really annoyed that they skipped the Jami arc, but otherwise it starts with the same great quality that marked the first season.
Sacred Seven - Hardly a quality anime, but it's great light entertainment to me, so it's actually one of my most anticipated anime each week.
Usagi Drop - I'll marathon it once it's complete, to take the most enjoyment out of it. I've read the pre-timeskip part of the manga, and it's one of my top favourites, so I'm expecting this anime to be my favourite of the season.
Ao no Exorcist - It was a bit meh for a while after the start, but the last few episodes have been great again.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 10:18:02 am by Krozam »

Anime-Planet.com - anime | reviews
The Wings of Hall RPG - Do join in the fun!

Offline libertypo

• Closet Otaku
  • I'm new here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2011, 12:58:04 pm »
For now I'm watching only Hanasaku and Nichijou which I like for the moment. I have planned to watch Memochou and Usagi Drop.

Good deeds never goes unpunished - Unknown