Author Topic: How to - Download with XDCC.  (Read 76964 times)

Offline ixlone

• Loli Collector
  • Administrator
  • Nekomimi
  • Mmm... Miku!
    • View Profile
How to - Download with XDCC.
« on: September 05, 2011, 09:04:04 pm »
First off head over to mirc homepage and download a copy.

> Install it and run it.
> Click the little orange lightning button in the top left.
> Select the severs menu.
> Find and locate the rizon server (I have deleted all by rizon from my copy, the actual list is a lot bigger) and press the select button.

This will take you to the connect screen, on this screen add in a nickname and then hit connect.

The next thing you will need to do is allow the .mkv file format so that you can receive them. To do this:

> Go to tools on the menu bar and select options.
> Then scroll down to the DCC sub tree and select the ignore tab.
> Now just below where it says "Method:" it will say "ignore only", click it and change it to "accept only".
> In the "File type:" box type "*.mkv" and click add
> Click OK.

Next up type "/join #doki" and you will be in Doki irc channel.

Now to find a show you want. Lets say for example i want to download Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica episode 2 at 1080p. You can see the CRC code in the file name, in this case it's EA001B2A.

In the doki irc channel type "@find EA001B2A".

You will see a return string, in this case:

[20:41] -Doki|Yuki- XDCC SERVER - slots:[19/20], Min:10.0kB/s - /MSG Doki|Yuki XDCC SEND x - Found: #452:[Doki] Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica - 02 (1920x1080 h264 BD FLAC) [EA001B2A].mkv,946M

The important parts here are:

> The command line to use "/MSG Doki|Yuki XDCC SEND x"
> The pack number "Found: #452"

So in order to receive the file you would type "/MSG Doki|Yuki XDCC SEND 452". A warning box will pop up, click OK, then click accept and the download will start.

Another box will pop up at the end letting you know it's complete. As you can see the download speed is generally pretty good.

Note: An alternate way to find the file send message is to click the XDCC link on the release post or at the top of the website and search for/select the file you want, it will pop up the exact line you need. So just copy and paste into mirc.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 10:47:04 am by ixlone »

Offline PolynAzn

• C-Box Member
  • Tsundere
  • I'm just a lurker, leecher, hater and troll!
    • View Profile
Re: How to - Download with XDCC.
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2011, 12:41:10 pm »
wow 4.44mb/s
I stole something from Halo.... Guess what it is 3:D

Offline ixlone

• Loli Collector
  • Administrator
  • Nekomimi
  • Mmm... Miku!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2011, 01:45:27 pm »
I've had 6.4MB/s before, depends on server load.

And that's 4.44MB/s.

4.44mb/s would only be like 555KB/s.

Offline GoldenDarkness

• Closet Otaku
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2011, 06:51:51 pm »
thank you it took me forever on how to do this

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga |

Offline teg

• Doki Staff
  • Closet Otaku
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2011, 06:50:35 pm »
One more thing you might like to do is change the location of your download - just so it's easier to find the files later.

In "Folders" select the top option (default) and select edit.
On the next window it says ‘Into this Folder:’ and below that it has a directory listing. This is where you select your default download location.
Make sure you click OK to save your changes.

Offline Clannad_92

• Closet Otaku
  • Heh...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2011, 06:58:55 am »
this is really helpful... ;D

EDIT: somehow, i cant connect to server...can somebody help me?
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 04:26:32 pm by Clannad_92 »
I will collect all of Doki releases~

Offline Hanover Fist

• Usagimimi
    • View Profile
    • Hanover Fist Productions on YT
dls w/ XDCC & PeerBlock
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2012, 09:12:16 am »
If you don't use PeerBlock, ignore this post.

If you do, you might get a "Connection failed" message like this on some IRC channels if you have lots of block lists.

For that particular download, you can Close the failed box and wait until the Get dialog pops up again. Then Disable PeerBlock, accept the transfer and Enable PeerBlock again.

Once you have the file going, you have time to play around and permanently allow that IP for the next time: On the main PeerBlock screen, find the IP address that was blocked - in my case it's in the Destination column. Now go into the List Manager.

Select your Permanent Allow list then View it.

Add a new entry.

Enter the description and IP range (that same IP address in both fields), then save.

If PeerBlock was the issue, your next Get from that bot shouldn't have a failed connection. Just keep an eye on the blocked IP addresses if you do get failed connections in new channels/on new bots or if IP addys change on you.

Offline Hanover Fist

• Usagimimi
    • View Profile
XDCC Download tips.
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2013, 04:13:03 am »
Say there is a show you want that Doki isn't subbing. A useful IRC channel on the Rizon server is #NEWS. You can find bots from many - if not most - fansub groups there.

Once you've connected to Rizon in your IRC client, /join #NEWS

(Every time a file is added to a bot in #NEWS, an announce message is posted which contains the exact string you need for the xdcc send. If you're in the channel already when the announce arrives for a file you want, you can just copy and paste. However, anything before you join the channel, you won't see.)

So, after a show has been released, find the CRC of the show/resolution you want, either from the group's website like the Doki example at the top of this thread, or from a torrent site.

Copy the 8 character CRC string and do an @find in the #NEWS channel using that string.

The brown text you get as a result shows all the bots in the channel that have the unique CRC text you searched for in the filename.

When you're choosing which bot to download from, note that some bots have minimum download speeds or bandwidth caps. I chose the A|FanserviceBot since there is no minimum speed and it doesn't look too swamped in the slots department.

Copy, paste and edit the appropriate text to start the XDCC send.

And off it goes.

« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 08:26:40 pm by Hanover Fist »

Offline Kuroneko

• Closet Otaku
  • Be Dead And Live Different
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2013, 04:28:38 am »
So thats how you do it Thanks Again :D

Offline Hanover Fist

• Usagimimi
    • View Profile
More XDCC Download tips.
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2013, 07:11:01 am »
Some bots have their packlists on web pages. Two bots I use frequently are Cerebrate and Ginpachi-Sensei:

Sadly, another favorite - the web packlist for #NEWS - has been down for quite a while.

Anyway, the newest packs (files) can be found at the bottom of the list.

On the Cerebrate packlist, just hover over a filename and it will display the "/msg Cerebrate XDCC send nnnn" text. You can type that to get your file inside any Rizon IRC channel that hosts Cerebrate, like #Doki or #NEWS.

(The Cerebrate hover display also shows you the md5 and crc32 checksums in case you like to check either of those after downloading. I tried to screencap it but the popup goes away as soon as I hit Alt.)

The command you type is usually the same except for which bot you're messaging and the number at the end. Once you've had some experience with IRC/XDCC, you can just look at the left column for the pack number and you'll know to type: /msg [botname] xdcc send [pack number]

Even easier, clicking a filename on the Gin web packlist will give you a popup where you can just copy and paste the xdcc send /msg into your IRC client.

One bonus about the Ginpachi-Sensei bot is that you don't have to be connected to any specific channel. It will send from wherever in Rizon you are. Cerebrate requires that you be in one of the same IRC channels as the bot, otherwise you get the -Cerebrate- ** XDCC SEND denied, you must be on a known channel to request a pack error message.

Another tip is getting multiple files from a given bot: Say you've looked at the Gin packlist and you decide you want more than one file. Use the xdcc batch command rather than the xdcc send command and it will send you all the files you select, usually one by one. If you want a group of files in sequence it would be:
/msg Ginpachi-Sensei xdcc batch 5909-5914 for all the packs from 5909 to 5914.
If you just want specific files, separate the numbers with commas:
/msg Ginpachi-Sensei xdcc batch 5909,5911,5914

Each bot will usually have some limit set to the number of files you can batch up, often 5 or 10. Batch sends don't work on every bot, only if the owner has set it up. Most bots will only send one file at a time and have the rest queued up, but some will allow two or three simultaneous downloads at once.

Finally, if you won't be watching while your entire batch downloads, you probably want to turn on the Auto-Get feature. In mIRC it's in the Tools menu under Options, then in the DCC section:

Most of the time it is safest to leave the Show get dialog selected. However, the Auto-get is useful if you won't be there to say OK to each individual Get dialog box as your batch progresses.

Have fun.

*edit* Another thing I thought of: Say you're in a Rizon channel and you see a bot announce a new file release. It sounds interesting and you're curious what else is there. Most bots have a text file with their packlist as the very first pack. If you do a /msg [botname] xdcc send -1 that will usually send you the packlist that you can check out at your leisure.

You'll want to be sure mIRC is allowing .txt files: In the Options, DCC section, Ignore subsection look at the list to see which file types are accepted.

If .txt files aren't listed, enter a *.txt into the File type box and click Add.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 03:15:45 pm by Hanover Fist »

Offline heyman

• Moe Lover
  • C-Box Member
  • Mahou Shoujo
  • ^My waifu - Momo <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2013, 01:38:38 pm »
Here's another command which is worth mentioning:

Code: [Select]
/msg [botname] xdcc list
This command will do one of these 3 things:
  • Show you a bot packlist in the channel window
  • Send you a .txt file with a bot packlist
  • Tell you what to do to get a bot packlist
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 10:52:59 pm by heyman »

Offline x3m

• Closet Otaku
  • I'm new here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2013, 01:23:03 pm »
I'm having some problems with joining your irc channel. Whichever nickname i choose it says i'm banned, and i haven't visited your channel for so long so i don't see how i could get banned.
Is there a procedure i need to go through, or is my whole county banned f.e. ?

Offline Hanover Fist

• Usagimimi
    • View Profile
XDCC dls, 108 bot web search
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2014, 10:58:42 am »
I found a site new to me the other day: nibl.co.uk/bots.php, a web search engine which indexes the packlists from 108 different IRC bots.

If you're searching for many files, this might be quicker (or easier to read) than copying CRCs and doing @finds in the #NEWS IRC channel.

Another plus, each link is clickable to copy and paste the send /msg into IRC.

I didn't check all the bots, but many are accessible in #NEWS if you like to lurk there. If not, there's the #nibl channel as well.

One small downside is that you can't hover over a file and see it's CRC string, but that's only handy when it isn't already included in the filename.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 11:44:20 pm by Hanover Fist »

Offline GoingToHell

• Closet Otaku
  • I'm new here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2014, 09:33:21 pm »
Hi,

I'm hoping that someone can help me. I'm trying to download an file via XDCC. Specifically, it's the 1080p version of 'Colorful'. The download starts normally but eventually fails to finish. The most curious thing is that the file transfer always stops at the exact same file position, i.e. at 17% or after 1.31GB being transferred. Did I oversee anything? Is the file ok on your side?

I'm using ChatZilla and didn't have any problems with it so far. Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks!

Offline Hanover Fist

• Usagimimi
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2014, 10:32:22 am »
I'm not Doki staff, so I can't check the file to see if it's corrupted.
The 1080p XDCC link on the Doki Colorful page only shows pack 1434 on the Doki|Homura bot. :homura: I'm guessing that's where you tried the dl. I did an @find for the CRC [90BAC5BD] on #NEWS and also found it on Doki|Nagisa. If you haven't tried a dl from Nagisa yet, you could try it while you wait for a staff member to reply/check the Doki|Homura file.
/msg Doki|Nagisa xdcc send 175  :nagisa: