Author Topic: Tomoyo After Game Error Thread  (Read 58185 times)

rarely_upset

Tomoyo After Game Error Thread
« on: September 23, 2012, 05:39:01 pm »
Report any errors in the functionality of the game (crashes, garbled text, broken saves, etc.) by posting like so:

Where the error occurred
Details on the error
Details on your system

Example:
Load screen
Can't load saves after save #6, both from the main menu and during gameplay.
Mac OS X 10.7.5, installed using the osxcmdinstall script.

July 7
Loading a save on the third line ("Hm? What?") on Tuesdays freezes the game.
Windows 7 Pro, American locale.

Please search to see if the same or similar problems have already been reported!
For problems with the game's script, please visit the Script Error Thread.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 08:35:31 pm by rarely_upset »

Offline ty456100

• Closet Otaku
  • Nagisa is my waifu
    • View Profile
Re: Tomoyo After Game Error Thread
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2012, 07:49:29 pm »
Hi.

Every time I play this game, the game crashes on July 2nd.  Right after they talk about loosing their memory.
I have looked around the forums and I can't find any help.  I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the patch and the game, but nothing seems to be working.  Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Edit:  Actually, it is right after they said it was a pleasant meal.

It has nothing to do with saving the game.  They say something about loosing memory, then the window goes black and says RealLive has stopped working.

I am running windows 7 Home premium.

http://imgur.com/68kr3
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 08:05:34 pm by ty456100 »

Offline Silly Helen

• Closet Otaku
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2012, 08:57:24 pm »
I had a problem at Aug 14; RealLive crashed on me when Tomoyo spoke. I fixed it, though.

I have the game installed on a Windows XP, with perma japanese locale. Yeah, couldn't be bothered to change it back since I'm always installing visual novels.

Problem was my installation. My external hard disk (where the image was) was malfunctioning, and therefore didn't copy the files well. I got the game again and installed, then put my saves folder in it, and I had no more problems aside of the lack of tissues.

Aside from that and some japanese characters popping up, it has run really smoothly. :fuko:

Offline ty456100

• Closet Otaku
  • Nagisa is my waifu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2012, 12:00:01 am »
Unfortunately, I had to delete Tomoyo after.  For some reason, it caused my computer to blue screen every hour.  I hope I can get it working on my other computer.  Thanks anyway.

Offline mickey2rufus

• Closet Otaku
  • I'm new here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2012, 05:53:32 am »
Hello there. Well my problem seems to be this: http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2ildg8n&s=6 and this: http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=mj7rr5&s=6 ...
I don't know what is happening. I installed the game and patch to the directory required and nothing. Also, my game is not ME and my coumputor runs Japanese app-local
as you can see.  http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=ery5id&s=6
Thank you in advance.  :sena:

Offline Silly Helen

• Closet Otaku
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2012, 07:03:16 am »
That happened to me when I tried to play Clannad a couple of years ago. I downloaded and installed this though and then I could play with no problems. Since this seems to use the same engine... I'd assume this should work for you too.

Offline mickey2rufus

• Closet Otaku
  • I'm new here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2012, 07:29:20 am »
That happened to me when I tried to play Clannad a couple of years ago. I downloaded and installed this though and then I could play with no problems. Since this seems to use the same engine... I'd assume this should work for you too.

Thank you, thank you so, so very much. It didn't work at first C++ 2010 but I got the idea to try installing 2008 and 2005 and it works.

Offline ProjectBlackRai

• Closet Otaku
  • I'm new here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2012, 09:16:44 am »
Hello there. Well my problem seems to be this: http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2ildg8n&s=6 and this: http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=mj7rr5&s=6 ...
I don't know what is happening. I installed the game and patch to the directory required and nothing. Also, my game is not ME and my coumputor runs Japanese app-local
as you can see.  http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=ery5id&s=6
Thank you in advance.  :sena:

I'm having a similar issue. The problem I'm having is that it goes back to the title screen after Tomoya and Tomoyo get back from
(click to show/hide)
I've tried reinstalling and I've tried installing previous versions of Visual C++. My 2010 version is newer than what another user posted to download. I have the executable set to run as admin. I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium right now. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Edit: Never mind. I did a save just before the game went back to the title screen and it comes out as BAD END. That means I messed up somewhere.

Offline thursdaypostal

• Closet Otaku
  • I'm new here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2012, 04:11:48 am »
EDIT: I tested with Japanese version and it does the same thing, so most likely this isn't relevant to anything, then. Sorry.

Transition after July 2nd, after Tomoya says something like "It was a firey dinner."

Playing on Windows 7. The screen transitions to black like normal but then locks up and displays the REALLIVE.EXE has crashed junk. Happens every time, have tried reinstalling as well.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 01:43:28 am by thursdaypostal »

Offline nath2290

• Closet Otaku
  • I'm new here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2012, 02:20:36 pm »
I've had trouble with running the 1.3.5.4 version of reallive at all it just black screens and says reallive has stopped working and must shut down, when the baka-tsuki patch was available i had the same problem but replacing the tomoyo reallive with the LB version seemed to fix the issue, this solution no longer works with the new patch however. Game will run when i run with administrative privledges with the protect my computer option checked but will crash when attempting to load a save. I've tried installing in different folders, have all the C++ runtimes and have run fresh out of ideas. computer runs XP SP2 with system locale in japanese. Any help is appreciated.

Offline 3od

• Closet Otaku
  • I'm new here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2012, 11:56:38 pm »
  Have TA installed where I replaced BTs partial patch and a new install of TA.  The menus of each are in Japanese, as are the typing segments.  Both have SEEN0702 separate from the SEEN folder, it is that way when I extract file with 7zip.  I've finished the VN except D&T which also is still Japanese.  3od
$_OUTDIR file was installed. Went back and opened and installed contents of $_OUTDIR and it looks good now.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 06:38:57 pm by 3od »

Offline Silly Helen

• Closet Otaku
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2012, 05:22:16 am »
Today something weird happened with the game. You see, I was trying to access it from the shortcut to RealLive I have on my desktop, but the thing just wouldn't boot. I tried many times, and then went to the root folder and directly clicked on RealLive. Black screen.

Since that IS normal, as says the readme, I just kept trying until I got bored and tried opening the RealLive on the CD. It booted right away! But the game was in japanese, so... well, I closed it and went back to trying in the game folder in my hard drive. This time, it started at the first try, but I found that my reading progress had been lost. I mean, my saves were there, and D&T and the extras were there, but the skip button was grayed out on things I had seen already many times.

It isn't that annoying of a problem, really, since the CTRL key exists. Still, I thought I should post it here just to let you guys know.

Offline flurfle

• Closet Otaku
  • I'm new here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2012, 12:12:10 am »
the game worked the first time for me, after that, i would try to open it and there would just be a black screen. However, i discovered that deleting the file “save999.sav” in the SAVEDATA folder would let the game start up again. But everytime i want to play the game i have to go into the folder and re delete save999.sav, I’m sure this wasn’t intented so is there a way to fix it?

im running windows 7 sp1 if it helps

Offline meiditya

• Closet Otaku
  • I'm new here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2012, 01:29:21 am »
When i play the game
There is no sound for every character
WinXP SP3 DX10

when i play the game, there is no sound for every character.....
but on when i try on my friend's comp, the sound is occured for every character
he's using win7 Home-Premium dx11.....
is there any different with mine ?????
can i play with sound even with XP.....

PS. no problem in playing game...just the sound that never occured.....

Offline Assasin_Cross

• Shana's husband
  • Closet Otaku
  • King of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2012, 10:04:58 am »
When i play the game
There is no sound for every character
WinXP SP3 DX10

when i play the game, there is no sound for every character.....
but on when i try on my friend's comp, the sound is occured for every character
he's using win7 Home-Premium dx11.....
is there any different with mine ?????
can i play with sound even with XP.....

PS. no problem in playing game...just the sound that never occured.....

did you installed audio driver?
Shouganai ne~