Author Topic: Tomoyo After Game Error Thread  (Read 58448 times)

Offline Shadow 62

• Closet Otaku
  • I'm new here!
    • View Profile
Re: Tomoyo After Game Error Thread
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2012, 02:49:47 am »
I have MS UI Gothic regular.
As for the crash report it didn't give me an option on the window, but I went into the event viewer. I hope this helps.

Faulting application name: REALLIVE.EXE, version: 1.3.5.4, time stamp: 0x435c9cd5
Faulting module name: MSVCR90.dll, version: 9.0.30729.6161, time stamp: 0x4dace5b9
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0003bc44
Faulting process id: 0x186c
Faulting application start time: 0x01cdd1c8df9d9f5f
Faulting application path: C:\KEY\智代アフター\REALLIVE.EXE
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\WinSxS\x86_microsoft.vc90.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_9.0.30729.6161_none_50934f2ebcb7eb57\MSVCR90.dll
Report Id: 32662158-3dbc-11e2-8c62-00269e8d3692

Offline Rokudaime

• Cosplayer
  • Keyfag and Type-Moon junkie
    • View Profile
    • Rokudaime's YouTube account
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2012, 03:21:09 am »
I have MS UI Gothic regular.
As for the crash report it didn't give me an option on the window, but I went into the event viewer. I hope this helps.

Faulting application name: REALLIVE.EXE, version: 1.3.5.4, time stamp: 0x435c9cd5
Faulting module name: MSVCR90.dll, version: 9.0.30729.6161, time stamp: 0x4dace5b9
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0003bc44
Faulting process id: 0x186c
Faulting application start time: 0x01cdd1c8df9d9f5f
Faulting application path: C:\KEY\智代アフター\REALLIVE.EXE
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\WinSxS\x86_microsoft.vc90.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_9.0.30729.6161_none_50934f2ebcb7eb57\MSVCR90.dll
Report Id: 32662158-3dbc-11e2-8c62-00269e8d3692

Aha. According to Delwack, this means that the faulting module that the error occurred in is not reallive.exe or rlbabel.dll, but MSVCR90.dll. I hate to say this, but that means it's a a segfault memory access crash, and that actually points to the visual c++ redistribution packages...The problem should be on the redistro/OS/standard libraries end. If you are absolutely 100% sure that you have downloaded all the latest visual c++ redistributables, then the only other thing I can think of is that it is a admin permissions issue. I believe Tomoyo After asks for admin permissions every time it runs, so you need to make sure that you are allowing admin permissions. If that's not it, then I'd suggest redownloading all the latest 2005 and 2008 (and maybe the 2010 ones, but I don't have those either...) visual c++ redistributables. Remember, you need to grab the right ones for your system. It's not just about you system being XP, Vista, or 7, there are different ones depending on whether your system is 32bit or 64bit as well. In the former case you'll need the x86 ones, while in the latter case you'll need the x64 ones. Don't try to install both either, as I think they'd conflict with each other.

But anyway, if that doesn't help, let me know. Polarem might have an idea if we ask him. ; )
Taisetsu no mono wa, jibun no mite, kite, kangaeru koto sa.

Offline rocksandsocks

• Closet Otaku
  • I'm new here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2012, 06:29:59 pm »
I have windows vista 32-bit. When ever I reach the point where the opening would play I get an error.
Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime library

R6016
-not enough space for thread data

I also have the game downloaded on a external hard drive and have tried to play the game on both Japanese and English local. I get the same error every time. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Rokudaime

• Cosplayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2012, 07:21:20 pm »
I have windows vista 32-bit. When ever I reach the point where the opening would play I get an error.

R6016

I also have the game downloaded on a external hard drive and have tried to play the game on both Japanese and English local. I get the same error every time. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

That is an error generated by the Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library (technical explanation in case you're interested: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/126709 ). I would suggest first updating your libraries and see if that solves the problem. The version you need depends on your system specs, but basically, x86 is for 32-bit systems (like yours), and x64 is for 64-bit systems. Personally I have the 2005 and 2008 ones installed, but not the 2010 one. I’m using Windows 7 64-bit. I believe that since you're using Vista, you'll need the ones that are marked "SP1", and not the ones that don't have "SP1" in them. Since I'm such a nice guy, and since I don't want you to download the wrong redistributables, here you go: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5638
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5582
Saved you the trouble of looking them up. ;-) Let me know if that solves your problem or not.

Offline rocksandsocks

• Closet Otaku
  • I'm new here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 23, 2012, 06:00:40 am »

R6016

That is an error generated by the Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library (technical explanation in case you're interested: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/126709 ). I would suggest first updating your libraries and see if that solves the problem. The version you need depends on your system specs, but basically, x86 is for 32-bit systems (like yours), and x64 is for 64-bit systems. Personally I have the 2005 and 2008 ones installed, but not the 2010 one. I’m using Windows 7 64-bit. I believe that since you're using Vista, you'll need the ones that are marked "SP1", and not the ones that don't have "SP1" in them. Since I'm such a nice guy, and since I don't want you to download the wrong redistributables, here you go: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5638
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5582
Saved you the trouble of looking them up. ;-) Let me know if that solves your problem or not.
Yeah that seemed to work. Thank you very much

Offline Rokudaime

• Cosplayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 23, 2012, 03:10:49 pm »
You're welcome! I'm glad it worked out! ^^

Offline 3od

• Closet Otaku
  • I'm new here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2013, 12:38:00 am »
Very seldom (once in a couple hours)there is a couple second freeze in the action while playing D&T.   It never happened on the first patch, though I played it through a few times.  Finished playthrough I started yesterday, 2 hrs no problem this time.  Usually play with ctrl depressed and it acts as if my finger slipped for a second. windows 7 x64.  First time through had problem several times.  Almost through again and only happened once?
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 03:10:44 pm by 3od »

Offline Rokudaime

• Cosplayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2013, 07:23:57 pm »
Very seldom (once in a couple hours)there is a couple second freeze in the action while playing D&T.   It never happened on the first patch, though I played it through a few times.

Thanks, we'll look into it. Could you provide some details of your system specs as well? That would be very helpful.

Offline Morlok8k

• Closet Otaku
  • Huh? What? Volleyball?
    • View Profile
    • my github
« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2013, 04:07:14 am »
System: Ubuntu 12.10 64bit, using RLVM to play.

Everything is fine for me except the D&T minigame.

1) its really slow.
2) no sprites show up on the checkerboard play area.
3) values like exp are always shown as 0 or 999, etc.
4) after starting a battle, i immediately get the cleared screen, and move to the next floor, without earning any exp or seeing any battle.

Offline Rokudaime

• Cosplayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2013, 06:49:29 am »
Very seldom (once in a couple hours)there is a couple second freeze in the action while playing D&T.   It never happened on the first patch, though I played it through a few times.  Finished playthrough I started yesterday, 2 hrs no problem this time.  Usually play with ctrl depressed and it acts as if my finger slipped for a second. windows 7 x64.  First time through had problem several times.  Almost through again and only happened once?

Is there any consistency as to when the freezes happen? How many times have you experienced D&T freezing in total, and how many hours have you played it (D&T only)? No-one else has reported this problem, so unless we are able to reproduce it somehow, looking into it and fixing it will be difficult...

Offline Rokudaime

• Cosplayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2013, 07:14:00 am »
Morlok8k, I'll need to get back to you after I've talked to swiss (the Linux patch expert in our team), but RLVM doesn't really work well with D&T I'm afraid. I'll get back to you with more details, and if there is any way to solve those problems that we know of, I'll be sure to tell you.

Offline Morlok8k

• Closet Otaku
  • Huh? What? Volleyball?
    • View Profile
    • my github
« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2013, 10:59:57 pm »
Morlok8k, I'll need to get back to you after I've talked to swiss (the Linux patch expert in our team), but RLVM doesn't really work well with D&T I'm afraid. I'll get back to you with more details, and if there is any way to solve those problems that we know of, I'll be sure to tell you.

yeah, i found out its a known issue with RLVM, due to D&T being loaded as a windows .dll instead of Reallive bytecode.  (the same issue with the baseball minigame in Little Busters)

Offline Rokudaime

• Cosplayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2013, 11:14:24 pm »

yeah, i found out its a known issue with RLVM, due to D&T being loaded as a windows .dll instead of Reallive bytecode.  (the same issue with the baseball minigame in Little Busters)

Right.

Offline Rokudaime

• Cosplayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 09, 2013, 01:47:22 am »
Right, so I just talked to swiss. He told me that the way the game works is the SEEN.TXT sends "op codes" (basically, a number that translates to an action) within the actual game. Now, Elliot Galaysher, the RLVM creator, decoded them for most of the game, but he didn't do the ones for D&T. We've contacted him, and he's kind of willing to help, and swiss could also do it, theoretically, if he spent some time figuring out how it works, but it's a LOT of work, so neither of them has the time needed to do it right now. So if we do work on trying to fix the problem in the future, it will be a while from now, I'm afraid.

swiss tells me that if he does work on it, it will be through RLVM's Git repository, so if anybody else wants to help and work on it (whether you know how Git works, or are thinking of learning), feel free to do so. RLVM is open source after all. Look here for details on how to use Git and GitHub: https://help.github.com/articles/fork-a-repo  And after that, look here for details on how to work specifically on RLVM's Git repository: http://www.elliotglaysher.org/rlvm/contributing.html

Finally, one more thing: You might ("might" being the key word here) be able to use WINE (http://www.winehq.org/) to run TA and D&T on Windows without problems...but if you do, be warned that the savefiles will not work.

Offline Morlok8k

• Closet Otaku
  • Huh? What? Volleyball?
    • View Profile
    • my github
« Reply #44 on: April 09, 2013, 08:51:34 am »
Right, so I just talked to swiss. He told me that the way the game works is the SEEN.TXT sends "op codes" (basically, a number that translates to an action) within the actual game. Now, Elliot Galaysher, the RLVM creator, decoded them for most of the game, but he didn't do the ones for D&T. We've contacted him, and he's kind of willing to help, and swiss could also do it, theoretically, if he spent some time figuring out how it works, but it's a LOT of work, so neither of them has the time needed to do it right now. So if we do work on trying to fix the problem in the future, it will be a while from now, I'm afraid.

swiss tells me that if he does work on it, it will be through RLVM's Git repository, so if anybody else wants to help and work on it (whether you know how Git works, or are thinking of learning), feel free to do so. RLVM is open source after all. Look here for details on how to use Git and GitHub: https://help.github.com/articles/fork-a-repo  And after that, look here for details on how to work specifically on RLVM's Git repository: http://www.elliotglaysher.org/rlvm/contributing.html

Finally, one more thing: You might ("might" being the key word here) be able to use WINE (http://www.winehq.org/) to run TA and D&T on Windows without problems...but if you do, be warned that the savefiles will not work.

Yes, i'm familiar with github.  I use it with developing Minecraft Land Generator, and I'm also using it with my Clannad and Tomoyo After diagrams I'm creating.

The only issue with contributing, is that I don't know C++, which RLVM is written in.  I know Visual Basic and Java...   I did learn some simple C many years ago, but never used it since.

I've started playing TA under wine.  So far it works, but I've only gotten to the first set of questions...  it will be a few days before i can make enough progress to actually play D&T.

Edit:  i'm currently playing with RLVM and wine at the same time.  its interesting to see the differences.  Wine is much faster, but RLVM looks nicer.