Author Topic: The Season So Far...  (Read 57449 times)

Offline Krozam

• C-Box Member
  • Mahou Shoujo
  • GM of The Wings of Hall RPG
    • View Profile
Re: The Season So Far...
« Reply #60 on: April 11, 2015, 08:18:28 pm »
I think I've more or less checked out all the anime I'm interested in this new season. Except Yamada-kun, that one I probably won't watch until the season is complete.

Denpa Kyoushi seems rather meh in terms of production quality, but it's mainly a comedy, so it doesn't matter that much. I've read a few dozen chapters of the manga, so I more or less know what to expect. Should be pretty entertaining througout its run.

Arslan charmed me immediately with its high production quality and beautiful scenery. As I watched the first ep further, I was very inrigued by the premise, which reminds me of the time of the Islamic expansion. The kingdom or Pars might well be based on Persia, and the Lusitanian fanatics might as well be Muslims. I look forward to learning more about the world, seeing how far the similarities extend. On the other hand, I was disappointed by the bland protagonist (but he's only 11 in the first ep, and the next ep takes place 3 years later, so it's possible he's already different in the second ep, and anyway, I expect plenty of character development).

Dungeon Girls seems clichéd as fuck and lacking of anything that could be called plot. Add a meh protagonist and no number of cute girls can save it. I'll give it one more ep, a chance to get started on a plot, but I'm expecting to drop it after that.

Kekkai Sensen has a pretty confusing start, and yet another meh protagonist, so I'm not too impressed. However, on account of the original author (same mangaka who did Trigun), I'm giving it the benefit of the doubt, and at least a couple more eps.

Rinne is off to a decent start. Since it's based on a Takahashi Rumiko series, I'm going to give it a fair chance, even if many who have read the manga tend to say that it's the weakest of her works. I can at least say that I wasn't bored by the first ep, though neither was it particularly interesting.

Re-kan is actually pretty amusing. Amusing enough that I'm watching it even though there are no significant male characters. Girls only -shows aren't usually for me, but this looks like it might be worth making an exception for.

Yahari S2 is, well, more or less the same as the first season. An excellent anime, if perhaps a little bit overrated. Probably the best MC of the season, seeing as this season seems pretty weak in that regard.

I might still check out Ore Monogatari, but otherwise, I don't expect to pick up any more shows. Overall, not a particularly good season, but at least it has Yahari and Denpa Kyoushi, and Arlan seems fairly promising.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | reviews
The Wings of Hall RPG - Do join in the fun!