Discussion Forums > Anime

What would YOU like to see adapted?

(1/3) > >>

APOCALYPSE:
In this world exists basically infinite stories through poems (epics), books, comic books, manga, light novels, games, legends, stories of mouth, etc etc. So much that it actually can't even be comprehended! I believe that in this endless pool of stories there is a large amount of material (even outside Japan) that is more than suitable to be adapted into an awesome anime series or movie. Though now, I mostly read thrillers/mysteries (my favorite authors atm are John Grisham and Mary Higgens Clark), I've read more than a few action or adventure or fantasy or science fiction novels that I'd love to see adapted into an anime, though that is more than likely to never happen.

So my question to you guys is, what would YOU like to see adapted into an anime series? (Also explain why in here, since we might not all know what you mean :D)
I don't really mean a VN or manga, though that would be also acceptable to put here :D

Try not to spoil what you are explaining either, aside from the basic synopsis

Poison
By Chris Wooding

Synopsis
(click to show/hide)Personally, I'd love to see a favorite fantasy novel of mine. I've thought it through and the book Poison, by Chris Wooding, would be an awesome epic adventure/fantasy anime with themes of coming-of-age and courage. The main characters are all unique, from Poison, the 16 year old cool, cold, smart, and harsh but also I guess beautiful (? in my imagination anyway) protagonist to Peppercorn, the seemingly complete antithesis to her, a beautiful, naive, and happy-go-lucky supporting character (like every other female anime character :P) Also with them is Bram, a much older character who becomes sort of a father figure for Poison and who become very close. They are all on a quest to find and retrieve Azalea, Poison's much younger sister, who has been abducted by the Phaeries, a race that now dominates all the land that Man used to dominate. The story boasts, in my opinion, AWESOME fantasy elements and is the perfect Adventure story, that strays away from the 3-or-4 man army that slays hoards and hoards of goblins or orcs and instead changes the tone to a small group of people that are basically helpless against their opposition and have to rely on their wits. I highly recommend you read it if you haven't already :D

Forgive my poor explanation, it doesn't do the book justice and my typing skills are horrible
So, what do YOU wanna see adapted?
I see this thread becoming a book recommendation thread :D

Krozam:
Well, aside from numerous light novel and manga adaptations and sequels, it'd be insanely awesome if someone were to adapt a volume of Steven Erikson's Malazan Book of the Fallen into an anime. That'd be the most epic anime ever made, and likely ever to be made, unless they were to adapt the whole series. ;D

Of course, I wouldn't mind some other good fantasy book series getting adapted either. Or Final Fantasy IX.

But, you know, what I'd MOST like is to some day be able to screenwrite an anime of my own story. Never gonna happen, but one can always dream... and write.

Pitchblack:
The novels of halo = Epic Story

Hanover Fist:
I would love a third season of Moonlight Mile. The second season of the anime left a lot unresolved and the manga has 21 volumes and counting.

I figure it's bound to happen at some point but I'm also looking forward to a Yotsuba&! anime based on the manga by Kyiohiko Azuma (of Azumanga Daioh fame).

Zarich:
Pitch, I knew you were going to say the Halo books.

1. The Codex of Alera.

The Codex of Alera by Jim Butcher (of Dresden Files Fame). It is Epic Fantasy in its true sense. The series was concieved on a bet with another author. The bet was for Jim butcher to mix two ideas that the author will come up. Those two Ideas? The lost Roman legion and Pokemon. What we get is a Roman Setting fantasy series with people that can control furies of elements (the usual Water, Earth, Fire, Wind). To me, the books (well just the first and the second since after that were are big time gaps) would make a good anime just due to the themes around it. Hell, there is even a Tsundere Pettanko in the book, how can I not love it?

2. Xanth

The Xanth series is probably my favorite series of all time. For those who don't know it is a about a magical land set aside from earth where everyone has one unique magical power, there is a magician with a castle who can answer any question for a fee of one years service, a Dragon with a Donkey head called NIMBY and the world is full of puns. Oh yeah, did I mention that Xanth is the exact Shape of Florida?The Xanth series is Fun, has a bunch of gag-worthy puns. big adventures and a good amount lot of ecchi in them later on (lets just say Panties have a magical Property). While it wouldn't make good in one series, it would be good in a bunch of OVAs with a varying amount of episodes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version