Discussion Forums > The Wings of Hall

[RPG] The Wings of Hall OOC

<< < (3/38) > >>

InfinityStream:
Name: Setsuna Ando
Race: Symbiotic (Mutualistic) Human

(Symbiote's are creatures that depend on each other to live. -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Symbiosis)

Appearance
You will recognize him as he stands straight in the face of a bartering merchant. His eyes are a dull brown covered by glasses with rather thick lens, mixing in with his jet black hair. You will see his arms as they hang limp by his side, his right slightly resting on the hilt of a single sword. He wears whatever is clean, with the exception of a bracelet on his left hand. (Please bear with me, I'm no good at describing clothing. I'd say a plaid overshirt, a white shirt underneath. Maybe wears what's akin to jeans?)

Personality
Ask him a question, he will answer. Give him a task, he will complete it to the best of his abilities. He is blunt, straight to the point. He looks at people for flaws, overlooking the good, claiming that 'If it's good, leave it.'. He is stuffed full of chivalry, pounded into him by his father at an early age. That also explains why he is very bad around woman. Very.

Special Abilities
His single sword is all he needs. He controls the Ki inside him to enhance his speed, agility, and strength. The sword was made by himself, a pitch black blade. Once in every while, during a dire situation, will he allow the Ki to flow through a point of focus, be it people or his sword, and work it the way he wants to.

The sword was forged to react to his Ki only, thus being the reason why it's black. It isn't known what color Ki takes on, but the best guess is that it takes on the color of the owners hair...

Ki Abilities

(click to show/hide)Sou Kata: Simply learned over the years.

Zai Dou: A side effect of learning to move his Ki between himself and Xia. Allowed himself to expel Ki when Xia was 'full'.

Seisen Chuu: Kept Xia alive. Kept himself alive.

Eein Chuu: Look up one line.

Teikan Dou+: Done unconsciously due to his dangerously high amount of Ki, which was constantly moving - Reason for the plus.

Kyou Yuu: In the process of learning. Really, he only uses it when he wants to. He's learning after all.

Items of Interest
The Black Sword.
The Bracelet on his left hand. Bares the Inscription, 'Forever Yours - Xia X722 - X741
His Glasses

History
Born in a mountainous country, where cold climate lead to massive engineering for the main purpose of heat. That mass engineering movement lead to basic grasping of physics, chemistry. The cold climate made sickness much more perceptible, allowing the countries medical science to be the most advanced in the world.

His history begins with the birth of another. Xia Mai Lee, his now deceased lover, was born without Ki inside her body, an energy she needs to live. Another child, Setsuna, is born with too much Ki. Being in the same hospital was fate. Through a procedure, these two became Symbiotes. They required the others constant presence to live. He ends up taking swordplay with a master in the mountain to better protect her and to control his own excess of Ki. He was a skilled fighter by the age of 15. The two then live a beautiful relationship alone in the mountains until the age of 19, when a scientist claiming their best interests takes them under his wing. At the age of 20, Setsuna does not need Xia's lack of Ki to take away his own. However, Xia has lost the ability to take Ki from Setsuna thanks to the scientists experiment.

She dies at the age of 21. The scientist dies at the hands of Setsuna soon after. He joins The Wings of Hall at the age of 22. Wether or not he shows it, he loves his new home of people who somewhat, actually, care.

Notes
His glasses are special because he had horrible vision since birth. It has nothing to do with the excess of Ki.

Relationships

Harold Bjornson: Can't stand the mans split personality. Reminds him too much of the scientist. The man acted like he had four split personalities, so even with less, Setsuna can't stand him.
Nicolas Karenz: Can't stand it when he preaches about Hall. Other than that, gives respect to the mans firm stance on his beliefs.
Darwin Roday:Believes he is much too full of himself for being granted 'Avian' powers by the gods of the wind. And that sword...
Lissa Dragomeir: He has no open grudge against her. Maybe it's something else...? (I'm kidding... I just can't find any way Setsuna would hate her.)
Nex Addo: He finds the smoke flowing off Nex's body unnecessary. It would give away their position in a stealth raid. He also doesn't like the fact that he can't see his face. How do you trust him if you can't see his face?
Maria Cyan: Again, no opinion. He just respects woman too much. When she tries to speak to him, he has a very hard time answering.
Ishman: Can't stand the noble air he carries around, believing that the man believes in his strength too much.
Cathair: Can't stand his underhanded ways. But he respects his tactical strength.
Jimmy 'Kage' Kuneto: Has befriended Jimmy the most. Would like to someday, spar against the man with two blades, and compare the ups and downs of one blade VS. two.
Acan Moread: Think's he's stuck in the past and can't overcome it. Does respect his aim though.
Estia Barackson: He is forever perplexed how she can be 68 while looking like a 19 year old...
Aidan Donovan am Delian: Holy hell, anger management.

Reason for Ki Problem

((Followed Krozam's advice about the Ki Center and changed it to match the details.))

Edits
Changed the year.
Gave Reason for the higher science of the country he was born in.
Added reason for Symbiosis and added Ki Abilites.

Krozam:
Septe: Stealth would be good. Navigator and sapper, then.

Infinity: I assume your character was born in a country where science is important and the level of technology higher than the average of the time. Probably quite far away from Nantii. What's with the sword, is it magical or something? There must be a reason why he made it himself and why it's black. Nice character, I see no problems with it. Warrior and, since he has plenty of ki, secondary healer?

As for the year... I'm coming up with this on the spot, but let's say it's year 744 of the Calm, the Calm being an age that started after a particularly chaotic time in the history of this world, when the gods themselves warred. Since the Godswar ended, the world has been more or less stable, wars have been fairly small scale and the gods have started avoiding direct confrontations.

One thing about alchemy: it needs a laboratory, or at least some basic equipment that we probably aren't carrying around. So whenever we're in a town with an alchemist's laboratory, we tend to rent it and let Nex (and possibly another alchemist, if one joins) to do his thing.

Septe:
Same thing with explosives.  It takes time to create it and prepare it.  Corning it (getting it wet and creating cakes, letting it dry then breaking it up) also takes time.  Harold can create his own explosives but special effects he'd need to refer to an alchemist.

Irie Naoki:
I know this idea is kinda on the spot now but I have been thinking about it for a long time and I wasnt sure if it were okey but you decide,

I was wondering if it were okey with you that the Sword I carried could actually be improved, like a person who trains and trains becomes more powerful, the same with the sword, if I use it more and more and when I myself become more powerful the sword itself also becomes more powerful, you would think its "merging" but what if the sword cause it is magically enchanted allways took small part off my KI and converted it into elemental magic, if you dont like that converting then we could just think that the magic is like a person itself, getting more powerful the more you use it.

would like to hear what you think

Krozam:
Septe: As we discussed earlier on the cbox, we have several options. We could carry only what we can comfortably carry, or we could have a bag of holding, or we could convince Nex to create us a pocket dimension. :P

Irie: I don't quite agree with that logic. Swords are not people, they don't get stronger with practise. Your character, however, can get more skilled with practise. He hasn't had the sword for a long time, and he hasn't used magic before he got it, so I imagine he still has a lot to learn about using it. With more practise he can eventually learn to use the sword to its full potential. So no increase in raw power, but versatility, speed, those kind of things can be improved.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version