Discussion Forums > Anime

Original Material?

<< < (2/2)

Zarich:

--- Quote from: InfinityStream on July 28, 2011, 09:15:29 pm ---Isn't No. 6 original? I haven't heard or seen a manga/VN/game/book about it so...

I could have missed something though...

--- End quote ---

NO. 6 isn't Origional. It started out as a nine volume LN that started in 2003 and ending Jun 14 of this year

Hanover Fist:
I like a lot of the original shows that have been in Fuji TV's noitaminA time block. Last season's Ano Hana is one of my favorites of all time. As far as I can wiki, it was an original production. I welcome more original content should it arrive. I hope from time to time it's as excellent as Ano Hana.

One sequel I'm liking is the third season of Natsume Yuujinchou. It just gives me a happy feeling with the resolution of each story arc/episode. Usagi Drop, adapted from the manga is also a favorite for me this season.

I think both originals and adaptations have the potential to be shows I like, but my hopes lean more toward the original shows.

InfinityStream:
Then I did miss something.

While there is a lack of original works, I feel the reason is that people would rather watch anime version of their favorite manga/VN/LN/game etc. Original works would have a hard time advertising since they have no fanbase as of release, while anime's based off of other works have a decent fanbase if it's made it to the anime stage. 

I would also say that it's a business tactic. People will watch what they've heard of.

CASANOVA:
Some adaptations are bad other are good just like original anime, i think that a original anime costs more to produce so companies stick with adaptations

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version