Discussion Forums > General Discussions

Does anyone watch their downloaded anime on a T.V?

(1/2) > >>

Averin:
Hi!!

Just wondering if anyone downloads their anime onto an external hard drive to watch on a T.V?

My T.V. (Samsung UN46D6003SF) has usb ports that allow me to watch stuff from a hard drive. I can watch the anime videos perfectly fine, but i seem to have troubles watching videos with subtitles on it, specfically anime subbed by Doki. It actually runs for the first 1 minute then disappears. In order for me to even get the subtitles running i need to save the subtitles as .SRT using MPC.  Wondering if anyone knows why that might be happening? Is it just the way Doki encodes their video or is it a limitation from my T.V.?

Thanks!

Nymphetamine2791:
I just hook up my laptop to my brother in law's TV via HDMI and all is well, lol

Hanover Fist:
For me it's an old 2003 laptop via SVideo to the big TV and a headphone jack to RCA converter for the amp. It struggles with 720p though. One of these years I might have to get a new one.

Haxton Fale:
Cables FTW.
DVI to HDMI to connect TV as a second screen and I have a separate audio output and a Full HD screen. It would be great if I could watch 1080p smoothly though...

Nymphetamine2791:

--- Quote from: Haxton Fale on March 25, 2012, 06:05:09 pm ---Cables FTW.
DVI to HDMI to connect TV as a second screen and I have a separate audio output and a Full HD screen. It would be great if I could watch 1080p smoothly though...

--- End quote ---

Lol, I just bought a 23" 1080p HDTV and plan to use it as a second monitor, I'm going to go DVI to HDMI but I heard some people liked the quality of VGA to HDMI, beats me why though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version