Discussion Forums > Visual Novels

Tomoyo After Game Error Thread

<< < (12/13) > >>

hasknight:
So i just got the game, and after installing the English patch i tried opening it and got the error in error 1. If I hit OK, the game starts and the main screen is translated but when I hit new game the error 2 picture pops up, no text besides that repeating over and over. I looked through the thread and saw this on the first page, and so I tried downloading both the 2005 and 2008 versions, but nothing has changed. Do i need to be running run of the versions of the program while i play? Or is there anything else you know of? FYI i'm on windows 7 prem... thx in advance for any help!

Rokudaime:
I'm not sure about the first error message (I'd have to get someone who can read Japanese to check what it says, since I can't tell), but from the sound of things you're still able to run the game despite it. As for the second error, the link to the 2005 SP1 (x86) version of the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables that Delwack included in the readme is wrong, unfortunately (I'm still trying to get him to fix that...), and you've also not installed the 2010 version, so just to be sure I'll provide all 3 of the correct links here. Make sure you install all 3.
2005 sp1: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5638
2008 sp1: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5582
2010 sp1: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8328

If you still get the "unable to format text" message after that, let me know.

ChefMcWolf:
Err… having a bit of a problem here. I already installed the game and installed the patch to the file that has a bunch of Japanese symbols and the word key, but when I started up the VN it showed the font selection menu right? So I chose Times New Roman and then the text is still in Japanese. Or at least something I can’t recognize. Am I using the wrong font? Or am I opening the wrong application? I’m very confused but really want to play this. ;___;

digift:
Yo

For those having issues with 2nd July...
After the day ends and the application crashes, it's because of the OP (happened the same with Steins;Gate and Chaos:Head).
Go to the game folder open "MOV" folder and change the video name to something else.

Done...

PS: It's some problem with the video codecs installed (CCCP)... :)

CrimsonEcho:
Where the error occurred
Details on the error
Details on your system

1) All throughout game
2) No Japanese Voices at all. I can hear the music perfectly and I know when they are supposed to be talking because the background music lowers when Tomoyo is speaking but no audio dialogue comes out at all. This has been happening after purchasing the game and starting it. I downloaded it on my laptop to check if it is a game problem but it works on my laptop. It is a computer problem but I am not sure how to fix it for myself. Please help I sent an email to VisualArts as well but no reply. :(
3) Windows 10 Pro

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version