Author Topic: Amagami SS+ plus  (Read 23233 times)

Offline Nymphetamine2791

• Tsundere
  • Aka Nymph The Hopeless Romantic
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
Amagami SS+ plus
« on: January 09, 2012, 01:33:15 pm »
Anyone else just as excited as me that this is airing? I'm so happy it picked up where the 1st season ended. Amagami SS was probably my favorite romance series (if not favorite series) of 2010.

Let me know what you guys think.

"There isn't a single guy who doesn't want to spoil his girl."
--Amagami SS

Offline mrclosedeyes

• Closet Otaku
  • I'm new here! Say Sky, but don't reply Hi :P
    • View Profile
Re: Amagami SS+ plus
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2012, 12:20:18 pm »
Amagami SS was probably my favorite romance series (if not favorite series) of 2010.

+1

I really enjoyed the first season of this show (Was sad to finish it though). But I was surprised to see a 2nd SEASON of it :) and happy that it was really true. Since last month I have been really been waiting for it to be out.

-Also after watching the first episode, i can't wait to see what happens next week. ^^

Ep1 - Jun'ichi is in BIG trouble with Tsukasa. :P
0.......>-_-<.......0
->Best Sig Evr!<-

Offline Nymphetamine2791

• Tsundere
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2012, 12:23:22 am »
Haha, thanks, right back at you. Glad to see another fellow Amagami fan is here to join me :D.

Yeah, Amagami was one of those series where I couldn't wait for the next episode to be aired since I couldn't get enough of it and season 2 isn't falling short of my expectations. My friend and I kept talking about how we want a (Clannad) ~After Story~ equivalent for our favored characters (mine is Ayatsuji followed by Morishima and his is Nanasaki followed by Morishima). We kept raving about how we wanted to see behind the scenes of mini Ayatsuji coming into play and possibly see what happens between Jun'ichi and Kaoru since they teased us hardcore with their scenes, hahaha.

I can't wait to see episode 2, the series is starting strong with grabbing my attention and having a lot of (great) drama :D.

--Amagami SS

Offline Sryder

• Closet Otaku
  • Visual Novels Rock. ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2012, 08:54:12 am »
The first seasons been on my watch list for a while now.  ::)

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Offline mrclosedeyes

• Closet Otaku
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2012, 10:36:35 am »
I hope this series will last long. ^^ Your'e right too, this is a start of a lot of (epic) drama/love story. Can't wait to see the other arcs. :)

Note* Do you know if the anime will last like 24 episodes like in the 1st season?
0.......>-_-<.......0
->Best Sig Evr!<-

Offline Haxton Fale

• C-Box Member
  • Imouto
  • Wild yuri fanboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2012, 12:12:25 pm »
Amagami SS is probably the best romance I've seen so far (excluding yuri), mostly due to its very pleasant pacing. Since SS+ is a sequel, I won't expect anything less than from the original series, especially episodes with Morishima and Nanasaki (with Ayatsuji, he's an idiot in full bloom).

Offline Nymphetamine2791

• Tsundere
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2012, 11:47:15 pm »
Unless you're not a romance/drama fan Sryder, you should finish it, lol. I'm more on the romance/shoujo side and one of my friends is a shounen fan, but even he appreciated Morishima and Ayatsuji's arc, lol. He skipped the other ones though >_>

According to MyAnimeList there's going to be 12 episodes :(. I'm still pumped though, and maybe if there's a lot of fan demand then they might pump out some spin-off stories or possibly a 3rd season. I just learned how to play one of the OSTs from Amagami SS on piano, haha.

(with Ayatsuji, he's an idiot in full bloom).

I agree, he is a super big push over, BUT, what made me not hate Jun'ichi is that he stepped up to the plate when it mattered. At the end of Ayatsuji's arc when
(click to show/hide)

--Amagami SS

Offline mrclosedeyes

• Closet Otaku
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2012, 03:24:04 am »
(with Ayatsuji, he's an idiot in full bloom).

That may be true, but remember she continues to fall in love with that guy. :P

-->>> Anyway, I still wish everything goes well with his relationship with Ayatsuji.
         The preview of the next episode showed she ain't very happy with Jun'ichi. ^^
         Well who wouldn't, if you saw that happening.......

Anyway, I'm kinda of worried they might cut out some arcs since it only 12 episodes. Unless they plan to squeeze all arcs into it, or fuse the arcs together into one big story, or like you said Nymphetamine2791; a spin-off or season 3.
0.......>-_-<.......0
->Best Sig Evr!<-

Offline Sryder

• Closet Otaku
  • Visual Novels Rock. ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2012, 08:13:00 am »
Unless you're not a romance/drama fan Sryder, you should finish it, lol. I'm more on

Hahahahhahahahhahahhahahhhahahhahhhahhahhahhaahha..... I am... just a little bit. :P

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Offline Nymphetamine2791

• Tsundere
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2012, 04:12:42 pm »
Yeah I agree, if the consistency of Amagami stays the same, then 12 episodes simply won't be enough (because if they rush through the arcs the consistency will plummet D:). This leads me to say that I pray they either make these 12 episodes epic, or release a season 3 (or maybe both :D?).

Anyways, episode 2 should come out tomorrow I believe. I'm excited to see how Jun'ichi deals with the situation he's in, lol.

--Amagami SS

Offline mrclosedeyes

• Closet Otaku
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2012, 08:16:25 am »
I'm excited to see how Jun'ichi deals with the situation he's in, lol.

That boy is seriously lucky to have a girl like that on his side! She forgave him so quickly. Makes me wonder if he actually deserves her.

Aside from that, it seems like it will be a 2 episode arc for each of the other characters. Considering that their already starting on to....i forgot the girl's name....."the one that likes sweets".......arc.

It would also appear that it will be starting off right after the student council election, where Jun'ichi meets meets the next girl. (based on what i guess from the preview). Which makes his promise to Ayatsugi look like a lie. :(
Or i'm probably over thinking this too much based on a few seconds preview.

Episode 3 here we come. ^^
0.......>-_-<.......0
->Best Sig Evr!<-

Offline Haxton Fale

• C-Box Member
  • Imouto
  • Wild yuri fanboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2012, 08:37:50 am »
Keep in mind that these arcs are separate stories. They all revolve around the same time frame, so the same events can be shown from different points of view.

Offline Nymphetamine2791

• Tsundere
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2012, 04:00:44 am »
That boy is seriously lucky to have a girl like that on his side!

Omg, I know, right? The follow up scene was great, I loved it. I'm a little bummed that my favorite arc was short lived D:. Rihiko's arc is up next, her arc was the least appealing to me in the first season, but maybe they'll make it good in SS+. I really really really wanna see Morishima and Kaoru's follow up story >_<!!!

--Amagami SS

Offline mrclosedeyes

• Closet Otaku
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2012, 11:36:23 pm »
Hope so too. Also thanks Haxton Fale for the reminder +1. Amagami SS 1st season was the only anime i ever watched that was showned that way.

--> I too hope for Rihiko arc to get a little more interesting :). But so far i haven't been able to watch episode 3 (sadly because i'm too busy). But no matter it if good or bad, i am determine to watch through the entire arcs! Especially since it hasn't come to my favorite arc yet. ;)

p.s. I think i'll go watch episode three now since it just occurred to me if i have time to post here, i should have time enough to watch it. :P

Be back after episode 4 comes out. ^^
0.......>-_-<.......0
->Best Sig Evr!<-

Offline Nymphetamine2791

• Tsundere
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2012, 04:15:21 am »
Episode 3 was kinda so-so imo, but it had a nice cliff hanger. We'll see how her arc finishes off this week.

I just wanna get on with the other arcs >_>. Especially since every other girl has established boyfriend-level with Jun'ichi in their arcs.

--Amagami SS