Discussion Forums > Visual Novels

Seinarukana Mission Guide

<< < (2/3) > >>

shawurai:
It's been nearly a month now since JAST released the official English release of this. I 'can't say I'm really happy about how this turned out to be. I'm only past chapter 2 at this moment but there's already plenty of stuff they can fix with a patch at this point. Skill information that's not correct, leftover sections of code that appear in conversations, missing voices for one of the tutorials, backgrounds that are missing, messy Photoshop work. the list goes on. It makes me wonder if they even properly tested their work before releasing it.

There's also the annoying stuff that I'm guessing is there because of some consistency that JAST maybe wishes to keep so not to confuse those that played theirs Aselia release? (Not sure myself since I haven't jet played it). I'm referring to the translations used in Seinarukana It is kind of annoying when you keep hearing "Permanent Will" and you need to read "Eternal Relic". Other examples are found in the battle sections. The tutorial clearly explains everything as "Timing" but somehow that got changed to "Phase". An example of this is "Start Support Timing" that got changed to "Encounter Phase". This is also the reason why the background CG for all those ended up so messy.

Other odd stuff in my opinion adding battles that weren't in any of the PC releases made by Xuse. Makes me wonder how they can they worked on the 2007 release when adding is stuff that shouldn't even be there. There's also changing skill names: "Vanish" to "Banish" and "Feather" to "Phaser" (= Zeu skill. Zeu is clearly represented as a raven (or some other bird) with a featherless flapping wing).

But let's get to the main topic.

There's an update for 3 files. More will follow. I'll leave the old version in place for now for those that wish to check the differences. The clearing method hasn't changed at all so no worries there! Some mayor differences are present in the Event Battles (I even replayed the Xuse releases to double check this). Check the log below for details:

- Event Battles (v1.0 to v1.1)
   * Layout updated;
   * Translation and terminology updated to be consistent with the Jast release for chapters 1 and 2;
   * Chapter 1 - An additional 2 event battles were included after the existing 2. These additional battles were NOT in the Xuse PC releases and are ONLY found in the JAST PC release;
   * Chapter 2 - An additional 4 event battles were included between the existing 2. These additional battles were NOT in the Xuse PC releases and are ONLY found in the JAST PC release;
   * Chapter 2 - The original 2nd event battle (with Katima, Nozomu and Nozomi) was updated as it happens at a later time and against a different enemy. This battle was NOT in the Xuse PC releases and is ONLY found in the JAST PC release.

- Chapter 2 (v1.1 to v1.2)
   * Translation and terminology updated to be consistent with the JAST release;
   * Correction: (mission 1 - IT 178) "Story Event" misplaced and moved to correct position at IT 138;

UPDATE 2016-05-26

Chapter 3 updated. No update yet for the event battles. Unlike with chapters 1 and 2 there were no changes made to chapter 3 in the JAST PC release this time. Next update for this file will probably be with chapter 4 release (that will cover both missions this time)

- Chapter 3 (v1.0 to v1.1)
   * Correction: (mission 2 - IT 142) Battle lasts only 3 turns and not 5;
   * Correction: (mission 2 - IT 261) Unit 4 moved and ended it's turn (not Unit 2);
   * Correction: (mission 2 - IT 530) Formation table had an error where Zeu was mentioned twice in Unit 4;
   * Correction: (mission 2 - IT 1530) Turn goes to AR Unit 5 (not Unit 1);
   * Correction: (mission 2 - IT 2032) While technically being enemy "43", the battle with the enemy should be "13" since the numbering was previously reset to "1";
   * Updated leveling order: (mission 2 - IT 408) Order now matches display in the game's menu;
   * Updated leveling order: (mission 2 - IT 1025) Order now matches display in the game's menu;
   * Updated leveling order: (mission 2 - IT 1512) Order now matches display in the game's menu.

andreas47:
i finished the chapter 4 mission 2 in 1677 IT to get ss and got s in 1717 IT
so it will be between them, hope it helps OP making the guide

shawurai:

--- Quote from: andreas47 on May 29, 2016, 05:11:04 pm ---i finished the chapter 4 mission 2 in 1677 IT to get ss and got s in 1717 IT
so it will be between them, hope it helps OP making the guide

--- End quote ---

The limit is indeed set at 1699. You can clear it a lot faster but you'll want to level up as much as you can and convert all the mana you have since 1699 is a lot to clear this 2nd mission if you still have a Sands of Time on the map.

That being said.

The files for the 4th chapter are now added to the first post. I should have finished these sooner but I kept delaying progress on it.
I don't know when I'll post chapter 5 but I hope I won't take as long as I did for chapter 4. Anyway, at this point most people are already way past the 4th chapter and going on with the higher difficulties.

- Chapter 4 (v0.1 to v1.0)
   * Mission 2 added to complete the chapter guide.

No mayor differences with the original JP release this time. An update for the event battles file will be made eventually together when I post chapter 5.

On a side note.

Xuse released a very interesting patch for the Special Edition:
http://www.xuse.co.jp/support/049_naru-se/dl.html

Those that have that release should grab the patch as it fixes a mayor bug that has been bothering me for a long time.
In the unpatched version your characters and the enemy stats were way different from what they actually were when you were on the map or in a battle.
Example: Nozomi on the map had a Material protection stat of 118% at level 10 while it should have been 162%. All characters except Katima were affected by this bug. It also messed up the leveling stats. The only point where you had the correct stats was during the battles themselves (not even in the first setup phase) so this patch really is a nice thing even years after the game was released. (the original releases from 2007 didn't have that bug).

Pepperyucky:
I'm still very much looking forward to these, thanks for the hard work!

Shirokiba:
This has been extremely helpful. I'm struggling to get past chapter 5. That darn green dragon guardian has so much material defense.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version