Author Topic: Your Favorite Anime Characters  (Read 30100 times)

Offline Krozam

• C-Box Member
  • Mahou Shoujo
  • GM of The Wings of Hall RPG
    • View Profile
Re: Your Favorite Anime Characters
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2011, 09:41:24 pm »
For that, you deserve +1 karma. I still curse the day when the author of the Kaze no Stigma light novels kicked the bucket. I wanna know more about Kazuma's past! :'( I also want more Kazuma + Ayano + Ren action. There's a reason why KnS novels are virtually the only ones I've read among the multitude of light novels that I want to read. Though only two of them are translated so far, I'll most certainly read the rest some day, whether they get translated or not.

Also, I forgot Taichi Hiraga-Keaton from my list. Such a wise man, a truly admirable adult character.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 09:43:02 pm by Krozam »

Anime-Planet.com - anime | reviews
The Wings of Hall RPG - Do join in the fun!

Offline InfinityStream

• C-Box Member
  • Imouto
  • Popularly known as Piddles
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2011, 09:57:50 pm »
Alright. Lets get to work. I'm assuming that most people know them so... Yea.

Yuki Nagato - The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi -> She may be a cyborg, but she's a cyborg with feelings!

Natsu Dragneel - Fairy Tail -> Never die attitude? Yes please.

Mokey D. Luffy - One Piece ->  I like One Piece. I like this simple, easy to understand character.

Mitsuru - Fruits Basket -> Because I too hate editors.

Ritsu - Fruits Basket -> IM SO SORRY.

Teito Klein - 07 Ghost -> He was a slave, than a soldier, than a priest. Damn.

Hasaharu - Fruits Basket -> User pic anyone?

AND MY NUMBER ONE FAVORITE OF ALL

Need I say more?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 11:09:59 pm by InfinityStream »
I didn't like all those pics in my sig...

www.fark.com

Offline Nymphetamine2791

• Tsundere
  • Aka Nymph The Hopeless Romantic
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2011, 11:14:07 pm »
I could explain in a lot of detail why I like these characters, but if you're like me, you don't wanna read a lot when it comes to other people's posts unless they're talking to you XD.

In no particular order:
Harima, Kenji from School Rumble: Simply hilarious, I love his personality, he's a good guy that has it hard in the series and I always cheer for him.
Fujibayashi, Kyou from Clannad: Such a cutie, lover her personality as well.
Saionji, Sekai from School Days: "See Above"
Monkey D., Luffy from One Piece: His stupidity makes me laugh my ass off, his morals are respectable, and he's a bamf.
Okazaki, Shinichi from NANA: I love bass, I love Shinichi's story, I advocate him to be with Reira strongly, and he has a very cool image.
Lamperouge, Lelouch from Code Geass: Lelouch does work and gets things done, he's brilliant, and the ending of Code Geass makes him very admirable
Hanajima, Saki from Fruits Basket: Main source of comic relief for me in Fruits Basket, she's a great friend and her scenes generally make me laugh.
Mio Akiyama from K-ON!: She's cute (look and personality wise), she plays bass, I love the voice actor and singing, do I need to say anymore?

"There isn't a single guy who doesn't want to spoil his girl."
--Amagami SS

Offline PolynAzn

• C-Box Member
  • Tsundere
  • I'm just a lurker, leecher, hater and troll!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2011, 11:05:28 am »
I'd like to say.... any Tsundere voiced by Rie Kugimiya. Please yell at me more! :3
And ones with a fang.
And red eyes

• Shana ~ SnS ~ Pretty and *HOT*
  • Louise Françoise le Blanc de la Vallière ~ ZnT ~ Please whip me!~ xD
  • Alistia Rein ~ Nogizaki: Purezza ~ Erm, not really sure why...
  • Kanzaki H. Aria ~ Aria the Scarlet Ammo ~ I guess it could be the voice.
  • Hideyoshi ~ Baka to Test ~ Erm, just for lolz?
  • Dantalion ~ DnS ~ I guess it's her "Yes" instead of the "Hai."
  • Kiriha ~ FA ~ Purple, hot, partially vampire, never ages, doesn't talk much.
  • Ui ~ Hoshizora ~ I like girls that eat alot and won't get fat. At all.
  • Alice ~ Kamisama no Memo-chou ~ I like lolis. Especially smart ones that play with plushies.
  • Haruka~ Kore wa Zombie Desu ka ~ I fuckin love the chibi version her dancing.
  • Yami ~ To Love Ru ~ blonde + red eyes
  • Naru ~ Oretachi ~ She is awesome, love her uniform fetish xD
  • Ikaros ~ SnO ~ Pink hair and big BOOBS

There's also others, but these are the ones I can remember the name of.
I stole something from Halo.... Guess what it is 3:D

Offline Krozam

• C-Box Member
  • Mahou Shoujo
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2011, 06:06:34 pm »
Kind of amusing... Everyone else lists the characters they find cutest, and here I listed character I find deep and multi-dimensional. Though of course I also listed a few cute and cool characters, but still... XD

Offline PolynAzn

• C-Box Member
  • Tsundere
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2011, 12:32:48 am »
I don't know about the others but I watch anime for their cuteness.... And development I guess.

Offline Krozam

• C-Box Member
  • Mahou Shoujo
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2011, 01:04:41 am »
They do say that anime fans are divided into two types: those who look for "quality" and those who look for moe and such... Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one here leaning on the former type rather than the latter. XD Don't brand me an elitist, though, I don't think one is better than the other.

Offline PolynAzn

• C-Box Member
  • Tsundere
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2011, 01:12:24 am »
Quality watchers are just moe watchers in denial :P

It really depends on what your reason for watching I guess, if it's to pass time then you're a moe and if it's an addiction then you're a quality watcher :P

Offline Krozam

• C-Box Member
  • Mahou Shoujo
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2011, 01:35:15 am »
I think not. I'm a rather casual watcher, far from addicted (I haven't watched any for 2 weeks, just because I haven't felt like it).

Offline PolynAzn

• C-Box Member
  • Tsundere
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2011, 02:53:34 am »
You are mistaken by an addict and a HEAVY addict. Both are addictions no matter how you look at it.

Offline Mogami

• Closet Otaku
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2011, 08:41:22 am »
1) Nagato Yuki (Haruhi series): A quiet girl who only talks when absolutely necessary. She is reliable and one of the most loyal person I've seen. She is also strong, doing her best finding her place in an environment she has been placed into.
2) Ayanami Rei (NGE): Similarly to Yuki she is quiet and is having a hard time fitting in. She is strong, fighting fearlessly, but weak at the same time (when she has to interact with others).
3) Rakka (Haibane Renmei): A clumsy, kind-hearted girl in search of answers. Absolutely loved seeing the plot unfold and how she dealt with her new life.
4) Konno Makoto (The Girl Who Leapt Through Time): A realistic and sympathetic character, someone with whom you could have lots of fun. She can be lazy and irresponsible every now and again, but at critical times it is obvious that she is a good person.
5) Yui-nyan (Angel Beats!): Full of life, always in the middle of doing something, having an undying passion for music and being a fun person, she instantly became one of my favorites.
"A yandere is something different. You're just a psychopath."

Offline Chadwicke

• Tsundere
  • Oppai banzai!
    • View Profile
    • Rome-SPQR
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2011, 09:54:00 am »
I have to separate guys from girls. With guy characters it's mostly what I idolize/want to be while with girls they're mostly who I adore/want to be with.

As for guys...

Takashi Komuro of Highschool of the Dead
At first, he's portrayed like any other slacker, even sort of a loser. He's mediocre with politics and his social abilities are close to none. However, being honest and down-to-earth humble made him a character that learns and adapts to the situation quickly -- exactly what he needs to survive in a world full of zombies. I particularly liked how he admits he's not perfect and how he admits it when he has learned something new. He has emotions, but he never lets those get in his way (there is an exception when Rei was thrown off the humvee and a famous scene follows). He never loses sight of reality, easily accepts a situation as it is without going into despair and this trait helps him keep him calm and logical when everyone else is in panic mode.

Roy Mustang of Fullmetal Alchemist
Seemingly the perfect senior and a flawless commanding officer during the start of the series, Roy Mustang slowly shows his weakness, which is also his greatest asset -- his unrelenting focus to his goals, which at the time was revenge. He uses his emotions as a weapon and seemed like the more he's consumed by it, the more intelligent and devious he became. Even while consumed by his thirst for revenge when he was torturing the homunculus Envy, he's logical enough not turn against his greatest allies, The Elric Brothers and Riza Hawkeye, when they stopped him from killing Envy.

And the girls:

Saeko Busujima of Highschool of the Dead
I like confident girls.

Kuroko Shirai of Majutsu no Index/Kagaku no Railgun
I like confident, perverted girls.

Kirche Augusta Frederica von Anhalt Zerbst of Zero no Tsukaima
I like confident, perverted, busty girls.

Kanako Watanabe of Star Driver
I like confident, perverted, busty and intelligent girls.

Kanade Suzutsuki of Mayo Chiki!
I like confident, perverted, busty and intelligent girls who scheme.

Riko Mine of Hidan no Aria
I like confident, perverted, busty and intelligent girls who scheme and just go for what they want.

Mikako Satsukitane of Sora no Otoshimono
I like confident, perverted, busty and intelligent girls who scheme, go for what they want and punish the ones as perverted as them.

Anyone reading the female list who knows at least 2 of the girls would instantly know my type. So I thought I didn't have to make a paragraph for each one. I like mature women. Not old -- mature. Maturity usually has the bonus package of confidence, intelligence and reliability. Perversion, seduction, and the bust are extra bonus. Rawr.

Offline Khorne11

• Closet Otaku
  • Visual Novels and anime= my life
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2012, 02:10:14 am »
1. Mai Kawasumi (Kanon): She is my favorite, why? I don't know I just love her, she is funny and epic that's about all I can say.

2. Haruna (Kore wa Zombie Desu ka?): I'm not a loli fan but she is just epic, shes the cliche bratty little girl with a fun twist, plus she carries around a chainsaw.

3. Maebra Keiichi (Higurashi no Naku Koro ni): He is just a good person, hes nice, and awesome, normally the male characters of a show are plain and the personalities are focused on the females, but Keiichi has more personality than I do :P

4. Hojo Satoko (Higurashi no Naku Koro ni): Another mischivious little girl on the list, she is pretty much Haruna without magical powers, and she gets one of the most screwed up torture deaths on the show (which is saying something) and endures pretty well for a what, 12, 13 year old?

5. Maromi-chan (Paranoia agent): BECAUSE... don't judge me
The doggie says Woof Woof... That was the wild boar, Moo Moo
-Mai Kawasumi

Offline Krozam

• C-Box Member
  • Mahou Shoujo
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2012, 08:33:49 am »
I still can't understand why so many people list Maebara Keiichi as one of their favourites. I found his stupidity often facepalm-worthy, his insanity annoyed me and as soon as things get a little out of hand he becomes anything but the likeable character you people present him as. Well, maybe it's because I've only watched 20 eps of Higurashi, maybe his character development makes him a more likeable character in the second series. He's pretty deep and multi-dimensional, I'll give him that, so I'd say he's a good character in his own way, but there's no way I'd call him likeable.

A couple of favourites I forgot to mention:
Ayuzawa Misaki, Kaichou wa Maid-sama - One of the most awesome female leads. She's got character, willpower, cuteness and great character dynamics with the male lead. I could probably mention Usui, too, but I'd rather not list two characters from the same show.
Gasai Yuno, Mirai Nikki - The queen of yandere. Rarely has there been a female lead who gets things done so efficiently. Also, being batshit crazy without being annoying is a big plus.

I've mostly been reading manga lately, so while I have alot of new favourites, they're not applicable for this list, since they're not (yet) anime characters.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 09:00:33 am by Krozam »

Offline Archmage

• Closet Otaku
  • I'm new here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2012, 04:39:57 pm »
Eikichi Onizuka (GTO) - Best teacher ever.
Ikaros (SnO) - I love boobs  :trollface:
Astraea (SnO) - Funny, baka and boobs :">
Sakurai Tomoki (SnO) - The most perverted guy.
Keima Katsuragi (TWGOK) - I wanna be a god likes him ;D
Urabe Mikoto (Nazo no Kanojo X a.k.a My Mysterious Girlfriend X) - Mysterious girl, too hard to understand her.
Seraphim (KoreZom) - Boobs (of course  :trollface:)