Author Topic: Who are your favorite stoic anime characters?  (Read 8058 times)

Offline Khorne11

• Closet Otaku
  • Visual Novels and anime= my life
    • View Profile
Who are your favorite stoic anime characters?
« on: February 09, 2012, 04:54:22 pm »
Your favorite emotionless anime characters. Mine without a doubt is Mai Kawasumi from Kanon.

To give you some examples:
Anju Maaka (Karin Vampire)
Setsuna Kiyoura (Schooldays)
Hina Sakai (Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi)
The doggie says Woof Woof... That was the wild boar, Moo Moo
-Mai Kawasumi

Offline Krozam

• C-Box Member
  • Mahou Shoujo
  • GM of The Wings of Hall RPG
    • View Profile
Re: Who are your favorite stoic anime characters?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2012, 08:15:17 am »
Well... I don't generally care for kuuderes or otherwise emotionless characters (unless it's the cool arrogant type), but I do have a few favourites.

- Sugai Hinata (Amaenaideyo) is by far the best character in her show. Surprisingly deep, often amusing, and much more adorable than most kuuderes.
- Eucliwood Hellscythe (Kore wa Zombie desu ka) has a great design, I find her by far the cutest girl in her show. She also has a very intriguing past, and the reson why she hides her feelings is pretty unique. All in all, a much more likeable and interesting character than most kuuderes.
- Tenshi/Tachibana Kanade (Angel Beats) is by far the most interesting character in her show. She's... intriguing. And it doesn't hurt that she's pretty cute.
- Kazamori (UN-GO) is an AI and thus not the kind of character I usually like. I have a slight aversion of robots that act like they were human and had feelings. However, Kazamori turned out a pretty interesting and amusing character, and managed to not cause the usual auto-rejection reaction in me.
- Fate Averruncus (Negima) has yet to have much screentime in the various anime adaptations, but I thought I'd list him anyway. This character has a surprising amount of depth, and though he's a villain and it took a long time for me to warm up to him, in the end he turned out to be a very interesting personality.
- Echizen Ryoma (Prince of Tennis) is annoyingly clueless about girls, but I've got to say that his stoic nature gives him a lot of coolness. A bad main character couldn't keep me watching 160+ eps of an anime about tennis, a sport I've never played myself.
- Sesshoumaru (Inuyasha) is close to the top of my coolest characters list. Sure, he's evil and arrogant, but he's also very awesome. I especially like his anti-hero moments.
- Sugata Eishiro (Sora no Otoshimono) is one of the coolest characters I know, almost in top 10. Whenever SnO has one of those mindblowingly awesome moments in the middle of all the crap, Sugata is usually a part of it.
- Alzeid (Hatenkou Yuugi) is an over-powered badass, and his character interaction with the other two main characters in the show is usually hilarious.
- Yoshinokazura Riken (Otome Youkai Zakuro) is probably my favourite character in the show. I like his quiet strength, and the fact that out of the male characters he's the only one who's of any use in a fight, as well as his character interaction with Susukihotaru.
- Gaara (Naruto) is one of the most interesting characters in his show. I love his backstory, it's downright heartwrenching. Not many characters in that show could make me feel that much. He's also pretty cool at times.
- Kuchiki Byakuya (Bleach) is an arrogant f*ck, but at least he has the strength to back up his arrogance... which makes him pretty cool.

Wow... The list became mouch more extensive than I expected. As you can see, I like stoicness in cool male characters, but only rarely in female characters.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | reviews
The Wings of Hall RPG - Do join in the fun!