Author Topic: Your Favourite Anime Seiyuu (Voice Actors)  (Read 17093 times)

Offline Dys

• Registered Tsundere
  • Global Moderator
  • Cosplayer
  • Wasuremono wa arimasen ka?
    • View Profile
Your Favourite Anime Seiyuu (Voice Actors)
« on: July 18, 2011, 02:03:12 pm »
Want to know what your favourite anime seiyuu (voice actors) are. They can be Japanese or western, rest assured, I will absolutely think less of you if you mention western voice actors.

I'd also like to know a little about what characters made you love them. This is my list, taken from my MAL page, banners and all.

tl;dr look at the names on the pretty pictures

Chihara Minori is my favourite for a lot of reasons. She also happens to be one of my favourite musical artists. That characters that first turned me onto her were Minami Chiaki and Nagato Yuki. I'm a big fan of both characters (I do believe they're in my favourite characters list). I find something quite soothing about her voice, though some others might disagree. She's done some other good roles too such as Minami from Lucky Star, Kagura from Ga-Rei Zero and (one for Doki fans) Nayu from Chu-Bra.

Satou Rina has worked on a LOT of different anime that I've seen and, personally, I find her voice to be incredibly sexy. The reason she's on my list so high, though, is because she's played a number of fantastic characters. Misaka Mikoto from the To Aru series of anime, Minami Haruka from Minami-ke, Tanamachi Kaoru from Amagami SS. Those'd be my favourites of her characters. She's had other notable roles like Ange in Umineko and Chizuru in Nyan Koi!

Do I even have to bother explaining this to you? I mean, I can think of about 10 roles for her right off of the top of my head. She's adorable, her voice is adorable. The first time I really noticed her was in Kobato. Other characters that made me love her quite this much would be Tachibana Kanade from Angel Beats and Goko Ruri from Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai. Not to mention characters anri from Durarara!, Tsukimi in Kuragehime (watch it, if you haven't), Mayuri in Steins;Gate, Mikan in To LOVE-Ru, Kozue in Occult Gakuin, Mayu in B Gata H Kei... the list goes on and on.

Another Minami-ke girl. Inoue Marina. I've liked her for a long time. The main roles that drew me to her were Minami Kana from Minami-ke, Alicia Melchiott from Senjou no Valkyria and (yes, it was one of my earlier anime so shuddup) Senou Natsuru from Kampfer. She's another girl with a list as long as my arm though. What I like about her is probably that she does various roles quite well, and she's especially good at playing the tsundere without pissing me off. Other notable roles (that I've seen her in) would be Chiri from Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, Mei from Highschool of the Dead, Iroha from Onii-chan no Koto.

I call Sawashiro Miyuki the "Queen of Small Parts" because you can find her in SO MANY anime in parts that are hardly worth noting. She DOES have some very good main roles though. The ones that I found her through though, were Canaan from CANAAN and, amusingly, Elizabeth, from Persona 3. I love her somewhat sultry voice. She's had a quite a few other notable roles too, like Kanbaru from Bakemonogatari, Celty from Durarara! Lots of small parts too, the landlady from Hidamari Sketch, for instance, or the teacher in A Channel.

I first came across Nakahara Mai VERY early on in my anime watching. She was in 2 of my first anime as Mai from Mai-HiME and Ryuuguu Rena from Higurashi no Naku Koro ni. What I love about her voice is that she's got an amazing range of stereotypes to fill. Yandere Rena, Tsundere Mai, Deredere (and freaking adorable) Nagisa. Until I came across Nagisa, I didn't even know it was possible to be so cute. She's got a fairly long list of roles but not so many that I've seen. Others I know of would be Megumi in KimiKiss and (another for Doki fans) Selnia in LadyButo.

Ono Daisuke, omfg, a male. Yes, I do actually have male favourites. Ono Daisuke has done a fair number of my favourite male characters too. I first found him through the universally known Koizumi Itsuku from Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu. I later saw him in other roles such as Ushiromiya Battler from Umineko no Naku Koro ni, Heiwajima Shizuo from Durarara!, Hosaka from Minami-ke, Kunisaki Yukito from Air and any number of other great roles. Honestly... I just like his voice.

Waht can I say about him? He plays some of the craziest roles, the guy just makes me laugh. Sister from Arakawa Under the Bridge and Adam Blade were the first things I saw him in (though he's been around for YEARS) and he just made me laugh. It was when I saw him as Kanzato Ryou in Persona -Trinity Soul- I realised he could actually do serious characters very well (I swear, I've never heard such a blood curdling scream) and he jumped onto my favourites list.

I've known of Kamiya Hiroshi for a long time but it was only more recently I came to like him much. The characters in the banner, Itoshiki Nozomu from Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, Orihara Izaya from Durarara, Araragi Koyomi from Bakemonogatari, were the ones that really brought him to my attention. Also characters like Otonashi from Angel Beats and Yuuta from Honey and Clover.

NotoMami is just one of those people you can't really avoid and you either like her or you don't. I do like her. All it took for me was Kotomi from Clannad to make me adore her, but she's had so many other good roles and just roles that I've seen her in. Asagami Fujino is one of my personal favourites of her roles, very serious and extremely good. Not to mention "Ippen, shinde miru?".

Kyon.

For one, Horie Yui is adorable. Have you ever seen her? She's got the most wonderful voice as well, cute little lisp. She's done a lot of roles that I've seen her in, Ayu Ayu (Tsukimiya Ayu) comes to mind (UGUUUUU~) as the first thing, but she's also been in some of my other loved anime such as Kushieda Minori in Toradora and Hanyuu in Hiruashi no Naku Koro ni. She's been around for quite a long time and had a helluva lot of parts, so I think any of you would be hard pushed to not know who she is. Kotori in Da Capo, Miharu in B Gata H Kei, Hanekawa in Bakemonogatari, Akane in Kampfer, etc. etc.

Another one who's been around a while and done a thousand roles. She's pretty well known for her loli's, like Furude Rika from Higurashi (the first place I heard her) and Sunohara Mei from Clannad (the ultimate loli I tell you!). She's also the one seiyuu I've noted in all 3 KyoAni adaptions of Key VN's. (Michiru in Air, Mai in Kanon and Mei in Clannad) Other roles would be Sakura from Da Capo, Yamada from B Gata H Kei, Midori from Mai-HiME and the list goes on.

Give me a break. I don't even have to write this one.

Kobayashii Yuu is a long standing member of my favourites. I love the way she uses her voice and the range of parts she's willing to play. From the furniture that in Kanon in Umineko no Naku Koro ni to the service character of Kimura Kaeru in Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei. She's pretty well known for opposite gender or boyish roles too. Generally, I just like her voice.

Mikuru-chan. Do I really need to say any more? Okay, well, she's good at cute and she just does some good roles. Looking at ones like Kobushi Abiru (alleged DV victim) from Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei and Hiro (habitual dieter) from Hidamari Sketch, you can see she's up for some nice fun roles. She's also proven herself as quite the yandere in roles like Fuyou Kaede in Shuffle! Versatile, amusing and cute.

For anyone who's seen Minami-ke, all I need to say here is "Uchida" and some of you will go "aww". The most adorably dumb loli. Anyway, she'd be better known for roles like Kawashima Ami from Toradora, Yui from Angel Beats or Eve Neuschwanstein from Needless. She's done some other good roles too, such as Yachiyo from Working!! or Rimi from ChäoS;HEAd. Plus, she's pretty damned hot.

A name a lot of people would know I'd say. Been around for years and had some really great roles. Also a well known singer. I found her through Shiki from Kara no Kyoukai. She's also had a LOT of other good roles such as Alshaya Alphard from Canaan and the ever popular Fujioka Haruhi from Ouran High School Host Club. It's always a rare pleasure when she turns up in your animu.

Hehe, Saten-san. After Saten Ruiko, I absolutely adored her. She's new enough but she's had some really great roles already, the least of which would be Matsumae Ohana. If you haven't seen Hansaku Iroha yet, I suggest you start watching.

Kousaka Kirino. <3 That role alone puts her on my favourites, but some other good roles would include Nakano Azusa from K-ON! and Suminoe Ako from KissXSis. She's got a pretty good range, in terms of characters.

Tomoya from Clannad. That's literally all he needs to be on this list. However, he's also been involved in some other great roles for me, notably Kousaka Kyousuke in Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai and Kabaragi Akira in Dance in the Vampire Bund.

Honestly, he's just all over the place. He's got a wrap sheet as long as my arm and it'd be a sin not to have him in my list. The big ones for me are Takanashi from Working!! and Shinra from Durarara!!

Asumi Kana is another one who's had some really cute roles. I first saw her as Taneshima Poplar in Working!! and since then I've enjoyed her as Yuno in Hidamari Sketch, Kazakiri Hyouka in Toaru Majutsu no Index and Tachibana Miya in Amagami SS.

I haven't heard her in much, but what I have heard her in, she's been great. Hitou Nami in Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, Sae in Hidamari Sketch (3 whole seasons of Sae goodness was <3) and Sakurai Rihoko in Amagami SS.

And lastly, just sneaking in at the bottom of my list, Nonaka Ai. She's been in the seiyuu game quite a while, but her list of works hasn't grown too fast. What she has been in, she's been wonderful in, however. Ibuki Fuuko from Clannad is the obvious one that everybody knows, she's also had other great characters like Kafuka Fuura in Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, and more recently, Touwa Meme in Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko.

And that ends MY very long list. How about yours?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 03:02:13 pm by Akashic »

Offline Hanover Fist

• Usagimimi
    • View Profile
    • Hanover Fist Productions on YT
Re: Your Favourite Anime Seiyuu (Voice Actors)
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2011, 03:48:01 pm »
I'm getting to the point where I'm recognizing seiyuus more often from show to show and going "Oh cool! That's the seyuu that did [that character]", but I don't focus on them too much.

However, I nearly always instantly pick up on Atsuko Tanaka's voice wherever she is. Ghost in the Shell was one of my early formative series and I loved her work as Motoko Kusanagi. Rie Kugimiya and Satomi Arai also make my ears perk up.

Offline AzureHakua

• Half-Ghost Seeking Death
  • Cosplayer
  • Kore de ii?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2011, 04:43:51 pm »
Eto...
Hanazawa Kana - Cutest voice of all time.
Chihara Minori - She is really talented. She can play quiet roles well as well as sing.
Hikasa Youko - Great voice and amazing at singing.
Shizuka Itou - Dunno, just like her.
Horie Yui - Can't believe I forgot her. xP
And...
Hirano Aya - Amazing Seiyuu. Fact. I care for nothing else.

P.S. - Akashic, add me on MAL? xD
P.P.S. - Lol, the entire Tordora cast much? And half of Hidimari.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 04:46:52 pm by AzureHakua »

Offline Krozam

• C-Box Member
  • Mahou Shoujo
  • GM of The Wings of Hall RPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2011, 03:17:27 am »
An impressive list, Akashic. It's nice to see other people who bother to spend time on their forum posts. :P

Let's see... For me there are two kinds of awesome seiyuu: those who do one awesome voice and those with impressive variety of voices. I'll start with the one voice people:

Wakamoto Norio
"When God speaks Japanese, He uses Norio Wakamoto's voice." - quigonkenny in the MangaFox forums
The King of male voice actors. There's no competition. Hellsing is where I first heard him, but his performances have impressed me in numerous anime: Demonbane, Princess Lover, Shounen Onmyouji, Tayutama etc.

Nakata Jouji
Another one familiar to me since my first anime, Hellsing. He's awesome also in Daimaou, Escaflowne, Nurarihyon no Mago etc.

Okiayu Ryoutaro
Another one with a cool deep voice. D.N.Angel is where I first noticed him, and later I've liked him in Bleach, Flame of Recca, FMA, Prince of Tennis etc.

Ono Daisuke
I know he's more famous for his role in Haruhi, but to me he'll always be the guy who voiced Kazuma in Kaze no Stigma so perfectly. I like him wherever he is, but other really good roles were in Umineko, Kuroshitsuji and Yakumo. Also, not a bad singer.

Inoue Kikuko
She has the most pleasant, motherly voice. Ah! My Goddess, Nadia, Onegai Teacher, Ranma ½ and Umineko saw some of her best roles.

Arai Satomi
She's freaking hilarious. She's most well known for her role in the To Arus, but for me her crowning role is as the narrator of Ookami-san to Shichinin no Nakama-tachi.

Itou Keitarou
I like his voice. It's as simple as that. He's good especially in Bleach and Demonbane.

Ishida Akira
A fantastic villain voice, for example in NuraMago. Also pretty good in Bleach, Shounen Onmyouji, Naruto and D.N.Angel.

Sugita Tomokazu
A fairly ordinary voice, but perfect for sarcasm and some other comedic uses. I especially like his performances in Haruhi, Umineko and Shuffle.

Shimizu Ai
Love her voice. Greatest roles in Onegai Twins and KoreZombie.

Tachiki Fumihiko
He's one of those voice actors with a very distinct voice. He's also one of those seiyuu you hear too rarely and usually in small roles. I know him from Nogizaka, Oreimo, MoonPhase, Bleach etc.

And then the ones with variety:

Oohara Sayaka
Perhaps my favourite female seiyuu. She's fucking awesome in Umineko, adorable in Toradora and great in Fairy Tail, Asura Cryin', xxxHolic etc.

Kugimiya Rie
People often mistake her as one of the single-voice actresses, but actually, she can do a lot more than her signature tsundere voice. See Fairy Tail, FMA and Umineko for examples.

Park Romi
She does a very impressive young man's voice, for example in FMA, Bleach and Detective Loki. However, she does an equally impressive woman's voice, for example in Naruto and Kuroshitsuji.

Fukuyama Jun
He's the one they always get to play the young male character who has two different voices, such as in NuraMago, Code Geass and Rental Magica. Often he also plays good one-voiced roles, such as in Kuroshitsuji, xxxHolic, Spice&Wolf and Ao no Exorcist.

Horie Yui
Quite often her voice is very ordinary and unrecognizable from among a million other voice actresses, but sometimes she shines. In my opinion her role as Maria in Umineko was the performance of her life. She's also a good singer.

Shinichirou Miki
He always plays such fun characters, for example in Bleach, Hatenkou Yuugi and Full Metal Panic. He's also an outstanding seiyuu and a pretty good singer.

Ookawa Tooru
Currently great in Sacred Seven. Also good in FMA, Tears to Tiara and Trinity Blood.

Nakahara Mai
Another one with a fairly ordinary voice, but some really good roles, such as in Amaenaideyo, Zakuro, Higurashi and Katanagatari. Also a great singer, I love her character songs in Zakuro.

There are a bunch of others I like, Fujimura Ayumi, Kitamura Eri, Itou Kanae, Irino Miyu, Satou Rina, Kamiya Hiroshi, Abe Atsushi, Noto Mamiko, Hanazawa Kana, Tamura Yukari, Touchi Hiroki, Nakai Kazuya, Nonaka Ai, Toyosaki Aki etc. But, this has already taken hours, so... only the very best got a proper introduction.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | reviews
The Wings of Hall RPG - Do join in the fun!

Offline Clannad Man

• 'Key' Enthusiast
  • Global Moderator
  • Cosplayer
  • Current Project: Complete Key Music Collection
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2011, 03:27:36 am »
@Akashic: I love the banners you put on your posts.  It really adds a lot & even makes your arguments more convincing!
I make a point of trying to improve myself each day so I'll be better prepared to take on the next.  It feels good!

Offline Dys

• Registered Tsundere
  • Global Moderator
  • Cosplayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2011, 11:12:29 am »
@Akashic: I love the banners you put on your posts.  It really adds a lot & even makes your arguments more convincing!

lol, I try.

Some might call my posts "verbose" though. I still haven't done the one for my favourite anime yet.

Another 1 hour post.

Offline AzureHakua

• Half-Ghost Seeking Death
  • Cosplayer
  • Kore de ii?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2011, 09:30:41 pm »
I can make fancy images too! I mean... I-It's not like I want to impress you guys or anything!

Offline Dys

• Registered Tsundere
  • Global Moderator
  • Cosplayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2011, 09:33:53 pm »
I can make fancy images too! I mean... I-It's not like I want to impress you guys or anything!

lol, don't worry. I already had the fancy images. I just linked them in my post.

I-It's not like I made them especially for you guys or anything...

Offline ixlone

• Loli Collector
  • Administrator
  • Nekomimi
  • Mmm... Miku!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2011, 10:59:52 pm »
Kanemoto Hisako of Ika Musume and Maelstrom fame needs more work imo. She has a very cute voice, seems to be under rated currently, which is a sad state of affiars.

Offline Zarich

• Pettanko Lover
  • C-Box Member
  • Closet Otaku
  • Hammerheart-ed
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2011, 11:42:20 pm »
Kanemoto Hisako of Ika Musume and Maelstrom fame needs more work imo. She has a very cute voice, seems to be under rated currently, which is a sad state of affiars.

I totally Agree. ALso the Girl who does KoreZom's Eu needs more work

Offline libertypo

• Closet Otaku
  • I'm new here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2011, 02:52:18 pm »
Where are Sakurai Takahiro-Shibuya Yuri, Takahashi Misaki, Oshino Meme, Cloud, Ito Kentaro-Abarai Renji, Kamijo Hiroki, Orikasa Fumiko-Hikari, Okiura Sayaka, Nishimura Haru, Kuchiki Rukia, Horikawa Makoto-Yazoo, Reinhard von Lohengramm, Ogata Megumi-Ikari Shinji, Tachiki Fumihiko-Gendo Ikari, Zaraki Kenpachi, Ricardo etc etc etc

Good deeds never goes unpunished - Unknown

Offline XxanimefreakxX

• Kawaii desu~
  • C-Box Member
  • Closet Otaku
  • MELON!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2011, 10:00:47 pm »
i dont pay much attention to seiyuu's tbh, but my current fav would be Rie Kugumiya, i just love her voice acting in shakugan no shana and hayate no gotoku, and wat i like more is when she says urusai repeatedly, im always like Oo when she says it:P

Offline HungrySlayer

• Closet Otaku
  • I'm new here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2011, 03:08:25 am »
i like kawasumi ayako. i also dont know why you guys dont mention her name at all....it is because she's not playing major character nowadays....but anyway i like her when she plays saber role in FSN......as for the other seiyuu's, i just fine whoever they are.....

Offline Haxton Fale

• C-Box Member
  • Imouto
  • Wild yuri fanboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2011, 07:46:58 am »
I'm just wondering why only one person mentioned Hikasa Youko. You can fall in love in her voice, or at least get addicted to it. Every single song sung by her is fantastic (on the other hand, I can hardly find any ton-K-ON! songs, but still...), and she also voices great characters, such as Seraphim, Akiyama Mio or Amakusa Shino. She's also the main (and actually, the only) reason I started watching Moshidora.
Although it might be because of her roles, I also like Hanazawa Kana's voice. Tenshi, Kuroneko, Nadeko (her OP was great), Zange-chan...
Toyosaki Aki: Yui-chan, Chitose, and maybe Najimi from Akikan!, Satsuki from Kaichou wa Maid-sama!, Bonbori from Zakuro. Somewhat interesting voice, and I don't think she's that bad at singing.
I believe I should also mention Hiramatsu Akiko, who voiced Tsurugi Konoe from Hanaukyo Maid-tai: La Verite. And even though I didn't like Yukari (Azumanga Daioh), she also sounded nice.
And last but not least female favourite: Horie Yui, known as a voice of Millhiore Firiano Biscotti (yes, I watched it and yes, I liked it; actually, it had some of my favorite seiyuus too, which I found out when I was watching), Tsukimiya Ayu of Kanon fame, Mishima Akane from Kampfer, OtoBoku protagonist Miyanokouji Mizuho, widely-known Kushieda Minori and Zero no Tsukaima's Siesta. MAL says she's also responsible for Narusegawa Naru's voice, but since I don't approve of Love Hina anime, I think I'll omit it.

Since I played Melty Blood and Fate/stay night (and also watch crystalized fun, I mean, Carnival Phantasm), I can't say I don't like Nakata Jouji. Araya Souren, Kotomine Kirei, Nrvnqsr Chaos. And infamous Narrator of Amagami SS (he did a great job there, it's just the very idea of Narrator was wrong).
Also, Sugita Tomokazu - I happened to watch 3 shows  with him voicing the protagonist I believe it was Shuffle!, then Chobits and finally Haruhi. He was incredible in Marimite and OreTsuba. I've also heard he's an otaku. And not just regular otaku - he'd recognize pretty much every single reference you'd make, even unintentionally.
And one more male seiyuu: Fukuyama Jun. I've seen Akikan!, Working!!, Kimikiss, Spice And Wolf, MM! and I believe he's one of the best voices for somewhat warped characters (although he was great as Lawrence too).