Author Topic: Your Favourite Anime  (Read 25533 times)

Offline libertypo

• Closet Otaku
  • I'm new here!
    • View Profile
Re: Your Favourite Anime
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2011, 04:48:21 pm »
Oh dear, this is a tough one. I wont go into why I like them or the artistic merits 'cause I'm too lazy for that.
And here it goes, in no particular order from the top of my head:
Urusei Yatsura
Touch
Kimagure Orange Road
Akira
Crest of the Stars
Legend of Galactic Heroes
Irresponsible Captain Tylor
Nadesico
Karekano
Kodomo no Omocha
Excel Saga
Koi Kaze

Good deeds never goes unpunished - Unknown

Offline PolynAzn

• C-Box Member
  • Tsundere
  • I'm just a lurker, leecher, hater and troll!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2011, 09:44:46 am »
Shakugan no Shana - Shana is my waifu :3

And Ima steal her from yuu!~

+ I guess Sora no Otoshimono
I stole something from Halo.... Guess what it is 3:D

Offline Mogami

• Closet Otaku
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2011, 08:12:11 am »
My top five in alphabetical order:

Bakemonogatari: Loved the characters and the story of each arc. I'm also one of those people who actually liked the visuals presented by SHAFT. Also, Episode 12 was just fantastic in every way imaginable.

Clannad+AS: The first anime to make me cry like a little girl. Excellent music, lovely characters and touching story.

The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya: This movie was just something else. While nothing is perfect, this is what I could describe as the closest thing to it from my perspective. From the visuals/sound, to the characters and the story, everything was just exceptionally well done. It's 2h42m long, but I have rewatched it the week after I have first seen it, and was still not bored at all. It was just a bonus that it focused on my favorite character and not on the titular one, whom I don't love that much.

Haibane Renmei: The atmosphere completely enchanted me. It was a slow shown but still absolutely enjoyable, with genuine drama and important themes. It also made me aware of Yoshitoshi Abe of whom I'm a big fan now.

Texhnolyze: A slow and depressing show, but one with a unique atmosphere again. The characters, the visuals and the themes all add up to a thrilling journey. I also liked the ending, not the usual stuff you see.
"A yandere is something different. You're just a psychopath."

Offline Nymphetamine2791

• Tsundere
  • Aka Nymph The Hopeless Romantic
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2011, 11:13:17 pm »
Kimi ga Nozomu Eien - My all time favorite series. One of my first anime I ever watched. Loved the story and drama, but most of all I loved the ending. It reminds me of School Days with my preference of how it would go.

Clannad: After Story - If you've seen this series I don't need to explain it. Epic drama, almost made me cry, and this series along with Amagami SS are the only two anime I just couldn't wait a week for the new aired episode to come out. I also love the soundtrack.

Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 - Likewise, if you've seen this series I don't need to explain it. Very original, epic action and art, a work of creativity and genius, and has probably the best ending I've ever seen.

One Piece - Hilarious with a great chunk of badass. Great story, very active with little or no down time in the series.

Hajime no Ippo - Great story of determination, I love boxing, it's also hilarious, and it needs another sequel damnit!

"There isn't a single guy who doesn't want to spoil his girl."
--Amagami SS

Offline LtlP

• Closet Otaku
  • I'm new here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2011, 04:50:49 am »
Well I'm new to "asian anime" (found this site 4 days ago), I started manga a few months back after a new store open here in town next to the university campus with lot's of imports from France. There is a sense of humour and story telling that I like. I like the fact that, the writer are not stiff (in french we say "coincé") with pre-made concept.

Tonigth I downloaded the first 2 volume of " Ladies versus Butlers!". I crack up laughing so hard that I almost pee my pants. The characters are so lovable, the situation so absurb ... I can't wait to see what the writers have in store. 

I tried DL each anime first 2-4 episode to make my mind but many torrent links are dead and I don't have a file server accounts.  I also started reading your comments and find them interesting.

Offline Chadwicke

• Tsundere
  • Oppai banzai!
    • View Profile
    • Rome-SPQR
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2011, 07:35:06 am »
Highsc...boobs of the Dead
One by one, the superbly placed fan service just takes my breath away. The main characters' teamwork is also amazing. Excellent main protagonist, does what needs to be done in a careful manner without overthinking it.

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
Others say the first adaptation was better. Definitely not true. Brotherhood is definitely better. So much of the plot made more sense and the important back stories were revealed. In this "true" adaptation, the story was grander and more complicated.

Gundam 00
Awesome back stories, awesome battle scenes, awesome plot, awesome landscapes, awesome war, awesome pilots, awesome tactics, awesome girls, awesome... awesome...

Code Geass
Death Note tactics combined with mecha. Makes you have headaches at night. Then you'll dream of the MC's red eye. That's how good it is. Full of surprises too. Ones you've never even had a glimpse of in other anime. This is also one of the very few that made me tear up.

To Aru Majutsu no Index, To Aru Kagaku no Railgun
The characters and concepts are so unique, you never would have thought someone would come up with such a number of interesting aspects and put it into one fantastic story. Railgun is a spin-off of Index, but it has a lot of plot to offer. Most of my female friends prefer Railgun than Index.

Tales of the Abyss
Beautiful scenery and nicely designed characters! They're actually from a game, so it makes sense. The series is an adventure and it makes you feel like you're playing an adventure role-playing game. Also has the greatest character development I've seen, that not even Kenichi, the greatest disciple can beat. The MC came from annoying little son of a prick to a real, amazing hero.

The Tower of Druaga: The Sword of Uruk + The Aegis of Uruk
Another game adaptation... I think. It's basically a dungeon crawler adventure anime. It has a very good plot and breath-taking battle scenes. The mystery also kept me wanting more until the very last episode of Aegis.

Zero no Tsukaima
The concept behind the powers of the main characters got me hooked and nicely placed fan service left me asking for more. The steadily moving plot also kept me from getting bored.

Strike Witches 1 and 2
Air force/military combined with girls with tails and animal ears. They're basically girls with guns that fly. Good enough plot, good enough concept... err, fine, I know! I'm biased because I like aerial combat and cuties! That's also why I liked Infinite Stratos (IS), but fine, I won't include that in the list.

Sekirei
Interesting plot, interesting set of characters but lousy main character. Pfft, fine! I'm biased again because I like... oppai!! Oppai banzai!

Gurren Lagann
My drill will pierce the heavens! Who would've thought there was such an in-depth meaning to his drill? Quite a good concept.

Claymore
Damn good battle scenes! I wish they would continue the series in the future. A few years have gone by, though. There's little hope. It's still worth your time even if the story wasn't finished in the anime.

Angel Beats!
The plot is so abstract and tragic and yet it's so good. It made my heart hurt so much that I deleted it accidentally! Holy crap, give it back... 

As for the recent ones...

Fractale
Way too beautiful to be just a series. I thought I was watching a movie! Has a nice mystery to it too.

Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko
Every one of the girls are wonderful in their own way. Erio, the quiet one, is retardedly cute. Ryuushi [RyuuKO!] is energetic and adorable. Maekawa stuns you with her logic, usually because it's either a very wise or a very twisted one. Meme is the main contributor of comedy, and I find her mature charm likable too. Also, if you're the type to dig deeper, actually you can, and there's a concept that the story revolves around -- hope.

Kore wa Zombie Desu ka?
Another anime with a wonderful female cast. Hilarious scenes and good enough plot. No need for additional build-up, the first episode will get you addicted, I guarantee it. So watch. Now. Arguably the best series among the ones in its season.

As for the on-going ones, I think it's too early to tell if I declare them one of my favorites, but I'm watching these closely:
Nurarihyon no Mago Sennen Makyou
Ao no Exorcist
Beelzebub
Dantalian no Shoka
Mayo Chiki!
No. 6
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 07:48:56 am by Chadwicke »

Offline PolynAzn

• C-Box Member
  • Tsundere
  • I'm just a lurker, leecher, hater and troll!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2011, 09:29:31 am »
Well I'm new to "asian anime" (found this site 4 days ago), I started manga a few months back after a new store open here in town next to the university campus with lot's of imports from France. There is a sense of humour and story telling that I like. I like the fact that, the writer are not stiff (in french we say "coincé") with pre-made concept.

Tonigth I downloaded the first 2 volume of " Ladies versus Butlers!". I crack up laughing so hard that I almost pee my pants. The characters are so lovable, the situation so absurb ... I can't wait to see what the writers have in store. 

I tried DL each anime first 2-4 episode to make my mind but many torrent links are dead and I don't have a file server accounts.  I also started reading your comments and find them interesting.

You don't need a fileserve account to download from fileserve, I recommend you use Jdownloader and download stuff from ddls.

And yes there are alot of funny animes out there, I myself have yet to watch LvB but I will soon!
I stole something from Halo.... Guess what it is 3:D

Offline LtlP

• Closet Otaku
  • I'm new here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2011, 11:44:51 am »

LOL .. The asian anime creator are really "twisted".

Someone sent me a mail and suggested ....
  Finally, one anime recommendation - if you love Ladies vs. Butlers, you'll probably laugh your ass off at MM!:

Twisted, hilarous .. this is non sense (only viewed the frist two episode), I like it.

One thing I appreciate in the MM series, is the larger font then the one the DokiFansub do. The larger font makes it less hard concentrating on the translation, and allow more time to enjoy the voice tone and background music/sound.

On the twisted side, I also love "Mayo Chiki!". Charming character and evil master. I never dreamed a first day at school could lead to so much trouble.

I can see the "marginality" these have, and why how some would bash such creation in the name of morality. But no less  ... some of these are good piece of work.

I fanally manage to DL the vol 1 of Clanad (real slow, or no link )last nigth ... can't wait to be back home this evening, and why the rave on it.

Don't know why but I like idolmaster. I think it's because of each girl personnality to discover. They are attaching. My cousin like this one verry much. Must be the girl love for fame.

We both like "Hanasaku Iroha" for a strange reason. We of course chear for different caracters. I love the inuendos and twisted humours. She chears when that writers gets when gets "cut" and all twisted out of shape. I got 10 of them downloaded, but wait for my cousin to be here to watch it. Much more funny watching in group. We sure would like to speak japanese, could make our viewing more joyable.

Can't really get into "Ano Hi Mita Hana", but only have 1.5 episode watched.

More watching to do ... (got 5 other series to look at)

Side question:
Three manga I love; "Magister Negi Ma!", "Chibi vampire" and "rosario + vampire". Anyone know if any anime exist under those same type humours or story lines.

tks

« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 12:23:09 pm by LtlP »

Offline Hanover Fist

• Usagimimi
    • View Profile
    • Hanover Fist Productions on YT
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2011, 03:15:50 pm »
Three manga I love; "Magister Negi Ma!", "Chibi vampire" and "rosario + vampire". Anyone know if any anime exist under those same type humours or story lines.
All three of those have animes: Negima (two versions), Karin and two seasons of R&V.

If you like those, you'll probably like B Gata H Kei, Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu, Shinryaku! Ika Musume, ToLoveRu-Trouble, Vandread and Yosuga no Sora - to name some of my favorite ecchi and/or cute comedies.

I also suggest Detroit Metal City, Full Metal Panic, and Toradora along with the shows in the Enticing to Watch sub board.

Offline Nymphetamine2791

• Tsundere
  • Aka Nymph The Hopeless Romantic
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2011, 11:11:52 pm »
Detroit Metal City is great to watch while drinking, lol

"There isn't a single guy who doesn't want to spoil his girl."
--Amagami SS

Offline Khorne11

• Closet Otaku