Author Topic: Does anyone watch their downloaded anime on a T.V?  (Read 23828 times)

Offline Averin

• Closet Otaku
  • I'm new here!
    • View Profile
Does anyone watch their downloaded anime on a T.V?
« on: February 24, 2012, 02:13:13 am »
Hi!!

Just wondering if anyone downloads their anime onto an external hard drive to watch on a T.V?

My T.V. (Samsung UN46D6003SF) has usb ports that allow me to watch stuff from a hard drive. I can watch the anime videos perfectly fine, but i seem to have troubles watching videos with subtitles on it, specfically anime subbed by Doki. It actually runs for the first 1 minute then disappears. In order for me to even get the subtitles running i need to save the subtitles as .SRT using MPC.  Wondering if anyone knows why that might be happening? Is it just the way Doki encodes their video or is it a limitation from my T.V.?

Thanks!

Offline Nymphetamine2791

• Tsundere
  • Aka Nymph The Hopeless Romantic
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
Re: Does anyone watch their downloaded anime on a T.V?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2012, 08:03:42 pm »
I just hook up my laptop to my brother in law's TV via HDMI and all is well, lol

"There isn't a single guy who doesn't want to spoil his girl."
--Amagami SS

Offline Hanover Fist

• Usagimimi
    • View Profile
    • Hanover Fist Productions on YT
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2012, 10:32:35 pm »
For me it's an old 2003 laptop via SVideo to the big TV and a headphone jack to RCA converter for the amp. It struggles with 720p though. One of these years I might have to get a new one.

Offline Haxton Fale

• C-Box Member
  • Imouto
  • Wild yuri fanboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2012, 06:05:09 pm »
Cables FTW.
DVI to HDMI to connect TV as a second screen and I have a separate audio output and a Full HD screen. It would be great if I could watch 1080p smoothly though...

Offline Nymphetamine2791

• Tsundere
  • Aka Nymph The Hopeless Romantic
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2012, 11:12:45 am »
Cables FTW.
DVI to HDMI to connect TV as a second screen and I have a separate audio output and a Full HD screen. It would be great if I could watch 1080p smoothly though...

Lol, I just bought a 23" 1080p HDTV and plan to use it as a second monitor, I'm going to go DVI to HDMI but I heard some people liked the quality of VGA to HDMI, beats me why though.

"There isn't a single guy who doesn't want to spoil his girl."
--Amagami SS

Offline InfinityStream

• C-Box Member
  • Imouto
  • Popularly known as Piddles
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2012, 02:32:59 am »
Yes.

I use a Western Digital HD Media Gate. Works with almost all formats! I do bring the subtitles to default however; it's better for my eyes which aren't so good...
I didn't like all those pics in my sig...

www.fark.com

Offline presicion25

• Closet Otaku
  • I'm new here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2012, 02:57:29 am »
Ive been using WD TV Live since 2009, to watch all my movies off of hard drive. So yes, Ive always watched my stuff on a TV. My LCD TVs dont have USB plugs plus WD TV Live plays many different file formats like mkv, avi, mp4, divx and a bunch of others. The only one it wont play is RMVB. Plus it supports all types of subtitles as well.
Its one of the best things Ive ever bought. The newer version even streams Netflix now. 

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=wd+tv+live&hl=en&prmd=imvnsra&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.r_qf.,cf.osb&biw=1366&bih=589&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=2207292143943936417&sa=X&ei=YUGCT9v3IMLQ2AXxuISUBw&ved=0CIYBEPMCMAQ

Offline InfinityStream

• C-Box Member
  • Imouto
  • Popularly known as Piddles
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2012, 01:18:58 am »
Are you kidding me? When was the last time you updated this thing? I can't get it to play subtitles with MKV's unless it's specifically IN default mode...
I didn't like all those pics in my sig...

www.fark.com

Offline LtlP

• Closet Otaku
  • I'm new here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2012, 09:15:54 pm »
WD live Tv is 109$ at BestBuy .. seems expensive since you still need some storage device connected to it.

And it does not make it easy for sharing with friends. (i.e.: Burn a DvD, play on regular player)