Author Topic: What Kind Of An Otaku Are You?  (Read 8081 times)

Offline Kuroneko

• Closet Otaku
  • Be Dead And Live Different
    • View Profile
What Kind Of An Otaku Are You?
« on: August 07, 2013, 02:13:18 pm »
Well I've Been Wondering what kind of otaku am I so I start
Searching What are the Different Kinds Of Otaku And There are Lots of them .

I just want to know what kind of an otaku are you ?

These Are The Different Kinds of Otaku I Got.
  • Manga otaku.
  • Seiyuu otaku.
  • Cosplay otaku.
  • Figure otaku.
  • Maid otaku.
  • Idol otaku.
  • Game otaku.
  • Gunji otaku.
  • Eroge otaku.
  • Tetsudou otaku.
  • Pasocon otaku.

This is What I am as an Otaku What's Yours ???
  • Game Otaku
  • Eroge Otaku
  • Pasocon Otaku

Offline Hanover Fist

• Usagimimi
    • View Profile
    • Hanover Fist Productions on YT
What Kind of an Otaku?
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2013, 06:09:35 pm »
Well, it helps to distinguish between the two types of otaku. First, there is the Japanese definition: A shameful outcast with an unhealthy obsession, often lacking social graces. Secondly, there is the English speaking definition - like a geek: Proud of their interest (usually obsessive) in something.

In the second sense I can go overboard with anime, graphic novels/manga and books - science, science fiction and fantasy. You might have seen my manga bookshelf, but the other five are overflowing with paperback and hardcover novels, Analogs and Asimov's. I would call myself a Portal/Portal 2 otaku, having played each dozens of times, but only those two games. I have played about 10 visual novels/eroge but those are not a big part of my life. I was a heavy metal otaku in the late '80s and early '90s, but my musical tastes have branched out a lot since then. I know a lot about silicon chip fabrication, but that's work and not play. I'm also a bit of a beer snob, liking specific imports and microbrews over the love-in-a-canoe brews[1] many other Americans prefer. I can recognize a handful of seiyuu voices from show to show, but Atsuko Tanaka and Kugimiya Rie are the only two names that stick in my head.

TL;DR Anime, graphic novels & manga, books, Portal/Portal 2, good beers.

[1] (fucking close to water) ;)

Offline Kuroneko

• Closet Otaku
  • Be Dead And Live Different
    • View Profile
Re: What Kind Of An Otaku Are You?
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2013, 01:21:05 pm »
hahaha... I don't know much about beers well I'm still underage so just filling up my teenage life to the fullest but I'll try to get good beer's Someday. Also I've seen your collection That with the bookshelf I'm so amazed you were able to collect that much. If I were as rich as you then I might be able to collect that much or even surpass you wahaha (*Evil laugh).

Well I know many Voices in anime But what I like the most is Rie Kugimiya-san
Her Voice is so powerful That I Always want to hear it.

Old Beers are much more Delicious :D

Offline TheRedGoblin

• Closet Otaku
  • Collector of all things KEY
    • View Profile
Re: What Kind Of An Otaku Are You?
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2013, 09:53:39 am »
I am 3 kinds of Otaku one could say:

Eroge Otaku
Figure Otaku
Anime Otaku

But in general, I collect absolutely anything made by Key. I've got a copy of all their VN's (buy first press whenever possible), plenty of figures, artbooks and Anime DVD's of their works. I even splurged and bought the 10th memorial box. I also... have plush toys... but they're a perfectly legitimate manly collectible.