Author Topic: LBEX status  (Read 26509 times)

Offline TenguSan

• Closet Otaku
    • View Profile
LBEX status
« on: January 22, 2014, 01:12:47 am »
I realize that these things take time, but it is taking an unusually long time to finish and there has been so little progress (especially lately, there has been no progress whatsoever).  I like to keep people up-to-date about this project, but and increasing number of people declaring that this project is dead because of the complete lack of progress (or extremely slow progress) and absolutely no word as to why.

Simply put: Is this project dead?  If not, why is it going so slowly and why has there been so little progress on the Google docs page lately? 

Offline shawurai

• Tsundere
    • View Profile
Re: LBEX status
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2014, 06:42:13 pm »
There have been few updates on the status of the project. I'm note aware of all that's been going on with the translation so far, but if you can wait a bit longer I migh be able to give some sort of status update at the end of the weekend as the VN staff is having a meeting then. I'll ask around at that time.

I shall speak neither hurtful nor harsh word, but shall speak respectfully, even of my enemies, for temperate words may turn aside anger.

Offline TenguSan

• Closet Otaku
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2014, 06:24:12 am »
Thank you

Offline Blackbird

• Closet Otaku
  • #FuwaNovel @ Rizon
    • View Profile
    • ProBlackbird
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2014, 11:11:28 am »
Well, that's what I want to know as well.
I hope to get good news about it.
Well, I sudden feel like I want to play Little Busters ! EX :)

Offline Berty213

• Closet Otaku
  • LB
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2014, 08:26:21 pm »
I too would also love to know more. I found out about LB 2 weeks ago and I just got around to finishing the novel. I would love to play EX, I'm suffering from LB withdrawal ;).

Offline shawurai

• Tsundere
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2014, 07:38:57 pm »
Here is some news.

The project is not dead or dropped. The google docs file should be somewhat up to date. The reason you don't see any significant update on the file is because progress has slowed down. I can't give you more detailed information than this. An official announcement will however follow if there's any mayor problem or change in the project as it has always been done so far.

As far as I know no such announcement will be made so for now I can only point you to the google docs file.

I shall speak neither hurtful nor harsh word, but shall speak respectfully, even of my enemies, for temperate words may turn aside anger.

Offline Berty213

• Closet Otaku
  • LB
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2014, 10:33:19 pm »
Well at least it hasn't been dropped, too bad progress has been so slow though. Do they have a release goal in mind?
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 12:00:02 am by Berty213 »

Offline Blackbird

• Closet Otaku
  • #FuwaNovel @ Rizon
    • View Profile
    • ProBlackbird
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2014, 03:27:19 pm »
I actually finish reading Little Busters a long time ago, but I'm getting more of interesting to read Tokido Saya & Kanata route.
Well, I do hope this project get started again with a good pace once again, since there will be more people want to play EX game.
I try to look for Little Busters! EX myself but unfortunely there is not many seeders as before.

Offline TenguSan

• Closet Otaku
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2014, 10:52:53 am »
Here is some news.

The project is not dead or dropped. The google docs file should be somewhat up to date. The reason you don't see any significant update on the file is because progress has slowed down. I can't give you more detailed information than this. An official announcement will however follow if there's any mayor problem or change in the project as it has always been done so far.

As far as I know no such announcement will be made so for now I can only point you to the google docs file.

Although that doesn't really tell me much, I suppose there is little information that you could trust to an outsider.  At least I now know that the project hasn't been declared dead yet and that the issue isn't that Google docs hasn't been updated, but that the progress IS actually just that slow. 

If there is such very slow progress, I'm guessing it's the typical reason that there are simply a lack of people working on it (too many MIA, people working on other projects, people having their own life issues, or people simply refusing to cooperate).  That's all speculation though, and I don't expect you to humor my speculation either. 

Thank you for your help :)

Offline De Kus

• Closet Otaku
  • Bishōjo otaku
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2014, 12:06:52 pm »
I have been checking the status of the translation for quite some time. When I was looking for some anime calendar for this year I have made the "mistake" to pick one form little busters which now reminds me every day that I am waiting for the EX patch. It is so hard to wait knowing you could just play only the original game without the addional content... but I want to play it with that content... so... must - be - patient! :) It's probably too much to expect some kind of eta. like what quarter and year it could be expected or rather what is the most optimistic time to expect it? Would make the waiting up to this time a little easier. :) Especially with the calendar hanging on my wall. :D

Offline SuperWaffleNinja

• Closet Otaku
  • I'm new here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2014, 04:31:51 pm »
do you know when translation will start again?

Offline もじもじ

• Closet Otaku
  • I'm new here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2014, 01:49:06 pm »
The project is not dead or dropped.
You know guys, there is no real difference between "project is dropped/stalled/dead" and "project is not dropped, but we're not making any progress". Active project have some progress weekly if not daily. Sure, there can be times when the project can be put on hold, but the current EX/ME project is way past that point.
So what stops you from finishing it? Someone from the team has no time to do whatever he is supposed to do? Then replace him with someone else. Or just drop the project so that some entirely different team may have more motivation to pick it up.
You may argue that the more people work on the project - the less its quality. Possibly true. But still, better to have something with the quality less than we hoped, than having nothing.
Just ask yourself a question, do you really have a motivation to continue this project? Will you have it tomorrow? Next week? Next month? From what I see - most likely not. Then just make an official statement that you're dropping it and asking someone to pick it up.

It is true that you're not obligated to do anything, but by not working on the project and at the same time not dropping it you also don't allow other people to pick it up. Because translating VNs is a hard work and no one wants to do the same shit twice (unless you're a G.H.Shaft).

Offline TGES

• Closet Otaku
  • I'm new here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2014, 08:10:23 pm »
Wow what is with all the hate these days, it doesn't make anyone fell any better including yourself.

Just chill and wait and see.

Offline Senretsu

• Closet Otaku
  • I'm new here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2014, 04:54:40 pm »
Wait forever, because the project is dead

Offline Some guy

• Closet Otaku
  • I'm new here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2014, 03:14:12 pm »
Setting aside the negative vibes, was curious if there is a progress report that can be shared - looking to update the VN Progress list that floats around the web.

Considering last "posted" update was
August 24, 2013 – Summer Update: Sasami route at 100%. Kanata route requires proofreading. Saya’s route underway.

woulden't hurt to show an active effort to promote your work, otherwise you run risk of another group taking over~.