Author Topic: Your Favorite Anime Characters  (Read 30073 times)

Offline Zarich

• Pettanko Lover
  • C-Box Member
  • Closet Otaku
  • Hammerheart-ed
    • View Profile
Your Favorite Anime Characters
« on: July 13, 2011, 04:25:01 am »
Ok people, list your favorite Anime characters WITH EXPLANATION, PLEASE

Eucliwood Hellscythe (KoreZom)- One of my favorite Quiet girls. If you think of it, she is very internally conflicted with her life that she wants to be in. Enjoyable and has a kawaii voice. Not to mention she is super powerful
Ikaros (Sora No Otoshimono)- Another Silent Girl. One of my favorite girls while also being pathetic if you think of it.
Chaos (Sora no Otoshimono)- Crazy Psycho Loli. 'nuff said. She is also pretty Kawaii. I can't wait till she is a good character in the manga (hopefully)
Nagato Yuki-Yeah I like the Silent ones
Ai (Dragon Crisis)- Overal imo a nice character. Hell I love the name Ai
Yell (Akikan!)- Of the the 'cool' Characters I actually like. Pettanko Helps also
Yoshida Yuki/Maelstrom A great character. Fun, happy, lovable. My Favorite KoreZom Character
Msyu Pettanko with Fire powers and Fanged teeth.. I love Pettankos <3
Sakai Hina (Hoshi)- Another cool character with kawaii tedencies
Masakaki (C) The only guy character to be my favorites, crazy, sarcastic and manipulative. Masakaki is just awesome

Offline Fetaboy1

• Closet Otaku
    • View Profile
Re: Your Favorite Anime Characters
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2011, 04:50:03 am »
heres some of mine:

nymph (sora no otoshimono) - a cute character with some funny moments, my favourite angeloid
Sakurai Tomoki (Sora no Otoshimono) - basically my idol, hes touched so many boobs!
Gendou ikari (Evangelion) Gendou pose, nuff said XD
Uzume (ai yori aoshi) cutest ferret Ive seen
Asa shigure (shuffle!) A very enthusiastic character, that's very fun loving.
Yamada (B gata H kei) A perverted character with alot of funny moments.
Sora (yosuga no sora) Usually A very quiet character, be she can be loud when she wants to be :)

I have more, but these are the ones i thought of immediately

Offline GodScout

• Closet Otaku
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2011, 05:27:58 am »
Ikaros (Sora No Otoshimono) Cant get enough of her, dont know why, just love her.
Mayuka Kondō (Onii-chan No Koto) Dem stockings, and shes an overall nice girl, but can get dirty when she wants to.
Nao Yorihime (Yosuga no Sora) OH MY DEAR SWEET HEAVEN. This girl is the greatest anime character ever in my opinion. She's so sweet and caring a loving and just AHHHHH! If i knew a girl like this.. id be all over her like butter on toast. Plus shes extremely good looking.
Kaede Fuyou (Shuffle!) First anime character i liked, and i love the crazy girls for some reason. The crazy ones that take care of the guy.. LIKE NAO.
Mari Makinami (evangelion 2.22 You can (NOT) advance) Pretty much just cause shes like a school girl from my fantasies.

Offline Dys

• Registered Tsundere
  • Global Moderator
  • Cosplayer
  • Wasuremono wa arimasen ka?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2011, 10:01:52 am »
Please note, this list is NOT up to date, because I don't want to sit down and figure on who's been replaced right now. Also, the bbcodes were taken directly from MAL so, look forward to a long post.

Top 25 Characters

I hardly need to explain this one, but basically, Furukawa is my ideal girl. She's adorable, kind, gentle, she has the "weak body" moe going for her, which makes me want to protect her. She also has AWESOME parents.

Alicia is just such a tsundere. She's absolutely adorable though, plus, when you see those lips... who could say no? I love her scrappy nature, but that in the end, she's still a beautiful and thoughtful person.

Well, I've always had a bit of a soft spot for yandere girls. Also always had a bit of a soft spot for Nakahara Mai characters (see Nagia above). Honesty though, when she's not attempting to grind Keiichi into dust or sticking an axe in someone's head, Rena is absolutely adorable. She has the most wonderful laugh and she's so very good at playing innocent when we all know she's not (not, Zombie, those of you who've seen the anime probably know what I mean, kana? Kana?). Darou? Darou?

Chiaki.is.awesome. There is no other need for explanation. Voiced by my favourite seiyuu. Adorable. A perfect mix of overly mature and entirely IMmature. Also, she has a serious crush on her older sister, and the possibility of yuri incest is a joyful one.

Kanade <3 Probably one of the most wonderfully tragic characters. It's hard to explain anything about Angel Beats without dropping major spoilers, but let's just say that from the very first moment she stuck a fucking gigantic blade through Otonashi's chest, I adored her. Watching her get pummelled endlessly by bullets and never give up was just wondrous.

Yuki-nee. So cute. What I love about Yukino is that she's a very classic and simple example of deredere. Not only that, while she usually comes off as the immature type, you will realise soon enough that she always has her mind on the important things, and the amount she cares for her sister (not just romantically) is incredibly endearing.

Kirino is... well... I just wish she was ORE no imouto. Complete otaku, into imouto games, adorable/gorgeous. I think I kind of have a thing for girls with a secret, too. A secret like hers especially.

I wonder, do I even need to explain this one? Everybody likes Nagato, right? Well, okay, she's like the perfect cross between an android and a human. She's fascinating. We all know that, somewhere under there, she's got emotions. I just long to see her smile.

RAILGUN. She can blow crap up with her super electricity powers. Not enough? Okay, well she's an adorable tsundere. I like tsundere's. I AM tsundere. On top of that, she's just SO cool, and she has 20,001 imouto's, which is pretty awesome too.

Number 1 in my man harem. Touma makes me lol on quite a number of levels. A man of pride and morals. A man with an awesome harem, who still remains kind even though they constantly beat on him. Most of all, I love how he never really gets the scope of the situations he's in. An enemy threatens the whole world "YOU HURT MY FRIEND AND BLEW UP MY APARTMENT. I'LL MAKE YOU PAY." Ahh, Touma. :D

It's the mystery, I think. I mean, we're seen her head, we know she's pretty. Something about a headless girl on a motorbike with a ROCKIN body that you just can't deny. It hardly needs to be said.

Senjougahara. Gorgeous. Damaged. Lethal. Intelligent. Sexy. Yandere.

It's the purple hair, lollipop and zettai ryouiki. I loved this girl before I'd ever seen her in action. She made it onto my top characters after only 1 episode. She's pretty hilarious in the anime too. Mostly it's her appearance though.

More KugiRie. Taiga? She's just so SMALL. In spite of that, I think I find her to be one of the most interesting loli's I've come across. She's completely kick ass, but under that tough exterior, she's very vulnerable. Watching her grow across the course of the series was really just joyous.

Devious little loli. I can't say as I find her especially attractive, but she's pretty cute with her actions. Not to mention she definitely needs protecting.

MORE for my man harem. Battler is just AWESOME. That's all I even need to say. Voiced by Ono Daisuke, which gets him serious points from the get go. I think it's probably the fact that he pulled his entire family into a time loop just by sheer force of will. "MAGIC DOES NOT EXIST!" Had you noticed that you've been repeating time, magically?

Keiichi is probably one of my favourites because of his faith in people. There are many times across the course of the Higurashi series when he's proved his loyalty without a shadow of a doubt, and how he's willing to stand by his friends no matter what. It's an admirable trait. So I guess he's on my list because I admire him?

She's got the androgyny factor going for her. I've always liked boyish looking girls. Ones with short hair, who wrap. Shiki's incredibly kick-ass, and incredibly tortured. If nothing else, I adore her for being able to live as she is.

lol, such a yandere. She's awesome, she's kick ass, and she's obsessed with her Onee-sama. All of these things are traits I can enjoy. Plus, I have to say, pretty fond of her DFC.

Hehe, another sad individual. Definitely another case of calling on my nurturing instinct. I can't say much without spoiling things, but let's just say that I'd be happy to be stuck with her.

Oyasuminasai nano desu. That's not enough? Okay, well, she's adorable, but underneath her adorable facade, there's something much deeper. Something that's much more pained. In all that time. She never lost her hope.

Tomoya is the king of sarcasm. His story is pretty classic. Delinquent who's on a path to nowhere. But he's got a good heart, the kindest of hearts. Because of that he made friends. Friends that would support him to the ends of the Earth. Tomoya is the kind of person you could only hope to be.

Really? She's just a cute little loli. That's, pretty much my entire reason. It's those little usagi candies. ;_;

Dude is KICK.ASS. Seriously, another voiced by Ono Daisuke. He's just so freaking cool. Those glasses, the power to tear a lamp post from the ground. An interesting back story. I just love the character.

Probably one of the most interesting characters on my list. Without spoiling I can't go much into it. I can say that, in spite of her upbringing, she's the type to ask before jumping. That's a trait I like.

Holy crap that was long -_-

Offline Nanakoto

• Closet Otaku
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2011, 08:12:33 am »
I'm so glad to see the thread name being "favourite characterS;)
I have heaps but if I were to pick a few out of them they would be:
Eucliwood (Kore wa zombie desuka?) - I like how she seems so cool but has a funi character (love that scene where she was eating the pudding x333)
Sugisaki Ken (Seitokai no Ichizon) - I just think he is amazing! He was able to go from the bottom of the year to the top of the year (in terms of grades). He is also funi and his dream is trying to make everybody happy ^^
Pain (Naruto, haters gonna hate) - He is one of the coolest anime characters I have seen imo. He truly wishes for world peace and a world where everyone can live happily.
Hakase!!! (Nichijou) - You just gotta love her <3<3<3 funi moments, funi expressions, cute moments, cute expressions
Otonashi Yuzuru (Angel Beats!) - He is funi and he works so hard in order to be able to help others ^^ (his imouto is cute!)
Shiina Mafuyu (Seitokai no Ichizon) - She doesn't have much special traits but I just love her like that. Too kawaii~
Gokou Ruri/Kuroneko (Oreimo) - She tries to act tough at times but is actually a very cute girl.

Offline ixlone

• Loli Collector
  • Administrator
  • Nekomimi
  • Mmm... Miku!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2011, 02:22:29 pm »
Shana - She's awesome.
Wendy Marvel - Cute as a button.
Kyon - Interesting male lead, few and fair between
Aizawa Yuuichi - Same as above
Usui - Very cool male lead, amusing as hell
Rynar Lute - Just such a nice guy
Misaka Mikoto - What's not to like?
Ika Musume - Makes me laugh, love the voice
Maelstrom - Love the voice
Soga Keena - Mmm, need more of her
Yami - Very cute, to cute to not like

Finally... every character voiced by Hanazawa Kana!

Offline AzureHakua

• Half-Ghost Seeking Death
  • Cosplayer
  • Kore de ii?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2011, 06:23:26 pm »
Finally... every character voiced by Hanazawa Kana!

Strongly agreed.

Offline APOCALYPSE

• C-Box Member
  • Closet Otaku
  • Cbox Camper / Eu Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2011, 09:52:13 pm »
Eucliwood (Kore wa Zombie) - Awesome awesome awesome. I just hate how she seems so sad all the time D: (Which is why the last two eps were awesome)

Ikaros (SnO) - Pretty much same thing as Eu, but seeing her happy is even more rare :(

Suzumiya Haruhi (Suzumiya Haruhi) - She's tsundere and awesome. Really active and seemingly uninterested in anything but doing stupid stuff, but her feelings can been seen throughout the series' and movie. AND she does look damn good in a ponytail.

Lala (TLR) - She might be an idiot but she's pretty damn good looking and desperate to get Rito to love her back. She's determined and motivated, so she's awesome.

Shiina Mayuri (S;G) - Normally I don't like airheaded characters, but Hanazawa Kana voices her and she is pretty damn kawaii all the time, so she's awesome

Ika Musume (Ika Musume) - She's pretty funny ~de geso

Hakase (Nichijou) - Always plotting and doing stuff for teh lulz. I loved the scene where she screws up and draws glasses on Nano's little guy, as well as every scene where she does something wrong (like the glue or when she eats all the snacks)

Sugisaki Ken (thanks nana for reminding me) (Seitokai no Ichizon) - LOL. Total baller and not at all an idiot.

Aisaka Taiga (Toradora) - Tsundere is cool and so is she.

Masa-San (SnH) - He took his first kiss.

Erio (Denpa Onna) - She's cute as hell and shy, which is awesome.

Lara Bodewig (IS) - Pretty much the best character in IS, the only one except for maybe Char who isn't afraid to actually get something done in that show.
sup dood

Offline Zerpo

• Rin's Slave
  • C-Box Member
  • Yandere
  • Jimmy 'Kage' Kuneto
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2011, 09:11:09 am »
Rin (IS) - Whats not to like about her
Shana (SnS) - Kawaii and awesome voice
Yuki (KoreZom) - Trys her hardest to like Ayumu, and is kawaii
Nymph (SnS) - All round awesome character and kawaii(see where this is going)
Ibuki (Hoshi) - Kawaii and pretty good all round character
Aria (HnA) - Lolis with guns = win Rie Kugimiya ftw
Ai (Dragon Crisis) - Kicks ass and kawaii
Kurisu Makise aka Christina (S;G) All round good character with awesome moments
and finally

possibly others but cant think of them right now
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 05:32:49 am by Zerpo »
SO much love...
Firstly, DAMN YOU ZERPO for picking three of my favourites.
Damn you Zerpo =_=

Offline heyman

• Moe Lover
  • C-Box Member
  • Mahou Shoujo
  • ^My waifu - Momo <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2011, 12:28:50 pm »
Mifune Ryuuko (Denpa Onna) - she's cute, funny and has nice boobs :)
Touwa Erio (Denpa Onna) - she's cute (yeah, I like cute girls) and shy, and she's so hnnng with twin tails
Akemi Homura (Madoka Magica) - she's cold but she's hiding her true feelings. She's badass, has a lot of guns and her Unlimited Bazooka Works - awesome.
Momo (To LOVE-Ru) - she's cute, she can fight, she's a little evil and she has a plan. Great plan. Muahahahaha :P
Akiyama Mio (K-ON!) - shy, cute, moe and sexy girl. What more could you want?
Nagato Yuki (Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu) - hmmm, silent alien girl with fast, short and accurate answers. But I like her Disappearance version more.
Sakagami Tomoyo (Clannad) - she's pretty, good cook, kind, good at sports and has good kicks (look at chain combo).
Izumi Konata (Lucky Star) - The only one character voiced by Aya Hirano that I like. She's lazy, sarcastic and funny. Just like me, hehe.
Asahina Mikuru (Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu) - Moooooe. Shy, she often blushes and she has loli body with big boobs like Haruhi says.
Hirasawa Yui (K-ON!) - She's lazy, funny, plays guitar and like sweets. I like sweets too ;)
Tomoe Hotaru/Sailor Saturn (Sailor Moon) - my favourite sailor. She has good looking weapon and she is capable of destroying planets. 
Kyouraku Shunsui (Bleach) - I like two hands swordsmanship.
Revy (Black Lagoon) - she's two hand, she likes guns and she's totally badass.
Kyon (Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu) - I like him for his sarcasm. Great character.
Almost all characters voiced by Kugumiya Rie ;P
And probably more but I can't remember now.

Offline Clannad Man

• 'Key' Enthusiast
  • Global Moderator
  • Cosplayer
  • Current Project: Complete Key Music Collection
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2011, 02:17:20 am »

Sakagami Tomoyo (Clannad) - she's pretty, good cook, kind, good at sports and has good kicks (look at chain combo).

Now you can look at the Chain Combo:

I make a point of trying to improve myself each day so I'll be better prepared to take on the next.  It feels good!

Offline XxanimefreakxX

• Kawaii desu~
  • C-Box Member
  • Closet Otaku
  • MELON!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2011, 09:57:46 pm »

Now you can look at the Chain Combo:

Combo FTW!!!!!!, i LMAO at this scene, Tomoyo is one of my fav characters:P

Offline CASANOVA

• C-Box Member
  • Closet Otaku
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2011, 07:39:47 pm »
my favorite char is CC

Offline Krozam

• C-Box Member
  • Mahou Shoujo
  • GM of The Wings of Hall RPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2011, 01:19:49 am »
Let's see... This'll probably take some time, since I have no ready list even in my mind, that's why I've pushed this off, but tonight I have some time.

My all-time favourite anime character is probably Yagami Kazuma from Kaze no Stigma. Not only is he among my top 5 coolest male characters, he also possesses a very, very intriguing past, and his interaction with Ayano is often hilarious.

My favourite female character is probably Beatrice from Umineko no Naku Koro ni. Beautiful character design, a delightfully conflicting (and rather insane) personality and a godlike seiyuu doing quite possibly her best role.

Others in no particular order:
Alucard from Hellsing - Chillingly cool, he was my first touch to what I call the "Japanese type of coolness", which I have grown to love.
Edward Elric, FMA - If I were to cosplay one day, I'd probably cosplay Edward. With his wisdom and atheist mindset, you could even say that he was something of an idol for me, though I was already 15-16 when I first watched FMA.
Sendou Erika, Fortune Arterial - Though the anime was a disappointment overall, I can still say that it's the same character that I got a crush on when I read the visual novel. She's damn near my ideal woman, or at least that's how I felt back then.
Touwa Erio, Denpa Onna - The one and only character to ever make me completely and utterly surrender to moe.
Evangeline A.K. McDowell, Negima - more because of the manga than any of the anime adaptations. There's never been a loli so f*cking cool.
Nara Shikamaru, Naruto - I wanted one character from Naruto, and after pondering characters such as Gaara, Neji and Jiraya, I finally decided on Shikamaru. He's not immensely cool like Gaara, or hilarious like Jiraya, you might even say that he's not among the deepest characters in Naruto, but he's so very... interesting.
Senjougahara Hitagi, Bakemonogatari - A very interesting character, somehow she's both yandere and tsundere, yet she manages to avoid the worst of both stereotypes. I wouldn't go out with her, though, she's f*cking scary.
Holo, Spice and Wolf - Charming in a very rare way for an anime character. I love her dialogue, and she's not lacking in depth and dimensions either.
Katsuragi Keima, The World God Only Knows - A gaming otaku who finds his way into any maiden's heart with incredible psychological methods, yet never abuses his power - on the contrary, he bestows them wisdom so deep that it's easy to miss in such a light-hearted show. A very, very interesting character.
Urahara Kisuke, Bleach - Bleach, much like Naruto, has an army of interesting side characters, while the main characters are boring as hell. Urahara is my choice from Bleach, thanks to his mysteriousness, coolness and amusement value.
Kurei, Flame of Recca - He's cool from the start, and he does gain some serious depth in the anime, but he gets even more interesting and multi-dimensional in the manga after the anime ends. One of my all-time favourite anti-heroes.
Kamijou Touma, To Aru Majutsu no Index - One of my favourite shounen protagonists, he says some damn good things occasionally, and his nonchalant kind of coolness is much to my taste. Also, he actually uses his brain in battle, instead of pushing through with sheer willpower and ridiculous stamina, or overwhelming power, like so many other shounen heroes.
Nakajima Youko, The 12 Kingdoms - A prime example of how skilled character development can make a boring, dislikeable character into a very interesting and likeable one. There are many such characters in Juuni Kokuki, my favourite anime.
Integra F.W. Hellsing, Hellsing - So. Damn. Cool. Cool female characters are rare, only three come to mind readily: Evangeline, Revy and Integra. Revy is my least favourite of them, so I'm omitting her from the list.
Ushiromiya Maria, Umineko - Perhaps the deepest, most interesting child character that I know. And a very fine blend of scary and cute.
Nura Rikuo, Nurarihyon no Mago - While his day persona is a bit boring most of the time, his night persona is just made of cool. It's rare for a male lead of a shounen fighting anime to be so chillingly cool, so I feel Rikuo deserves his place among my very favourite characters.
Ookami Ryouko, Ookami-san to Shichinin no Nakama-tachi - Probably my favourite tsundere character, expertly balanced tsun- and dere-sides, and rather deep, too.
Vash the Stampede, Trigun - Few characters are so hilariously funny and so damn cool, with an intriguing backstory to boot.
Onadera Karen, Onegai Twins - Probably my favourite little sister -type character. Absolutely adorable, even if her character design isn't quite match for the beautiful designs in Denpa Onna. Characters like her make me wish I had a little sister...
Amanojaku, Ghost Stories - Likely the most interesting pet character I know. Kind of an anti-hero, his conversion from an "evil" demon into a more or less "good" person is very well done in the show.

So many others I'd like to add, but I suppose these are the top of the top.

« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 02:41:32 am by Krozam »

Anime-Planet.com - anime | reviews
The Wings of Hall RPG - Do join in the fun!

Offline TheThing

• Experienced Programmer
  • Global Moderator
  • Loli
  • Living in IS
    • View Profile
    • My Personal Blog
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2011, 04:57:02 pm »
My all-time favourite anime character is probably Yagami Kazuma from Kaze no Stigma. Not only is he among my top 5 coolest male characters, he also possesses a very, very intriguing past, and his interaction with Ayano is often hilarious.
^this

I was going to post how Yagami Kazuma is the number #1 badass anime character as well as the coolest of them all but you beat me to it.
Living in IS is fun, except for the occasional volcano eruptions in my backyard but that's another story.
Owner & Project leader for NFP Encodings & ForPitch.
Making lolis cry since 2011