Author Topic: Help! Missing dialogue with latest patch on Clannad FV VN  (Read 6904 times)

Offline LedZeppelin

• Closet Otaku
  • I'm new here!
    • View Profile
Help! Missing dialogue with latest patch on Clannad FV VN
« on: December 23, 2012, 06:23:25 pm »
Hey Dokifansubs,

I'm having an issue with Clannad Full Voice. With and without the patch the game itself works fine, however a large portion of Okazaki's dialogue is missing when i apply the English patch. This occurs very early on (first encounter with Sunohara). There are blank, nameless dialogue boxes in between Sunohara's phrases. I get the feeling the problem may be unique to my mac or a certain make (Lion maybe?). I also noticed that the name Tomoya doesn't turn out quite correctly during the narration (the part where his father calls him by Tomoya-kun rather than Tomoya), it's some unusual symbol followed by a "-kun" .

I am playing Clannad on a MAC OS X (10.7.5 Lion) platform through the rlvm app. I've patched the game in accordance with the standard instructions, i.e. replace Seen.txt, rlBabel.dll, GAMEEXE.ini, 1.5.0.4.map and ADDED the included G00 files to the already existing g00 folder (based on the most recent patch).

Does anyone know the problem, bug etc. ?

I can post screenshots if need be.

Thanks again for your wonderful work on the translation.

Offline Rokudaime

• Cosplayer
  • Keyfag and Type-Moon junkie
    • View Profile
    • Rokudaime's YouTube account
Re: Help! Missing dialogue with latest patch on Clannad FV VN
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2012, 02:31:11 am »
Hi LedZeppelin.

Unfortunately, the Clannad FV English patch was made by Baka-Tsuki before the project was merged and transferred over to Doki, and since the team is busy working on Tomoyo After now, with no plans of working on Clannad until after TA is done, no further work has been done on the Clannad patch since then. As such, there isn't really much we can do about it at the moment. The patch was never really designed for MAC in the first place. Sorry for the trouble, but all I can really suggest at this point is to wait for our patch instead, once we begin working on it, if you have the patience. Sorry I can't be of more help.
Taisetsu no mono wa, jibun no mite, kite, kangaeru koto sa.