Author Topic: Clannad 2008 Patch  (Read 6389 times)

Offline max7238

• Closet Otaku
    • View Profile
Clannad 2008 Patch
« on: October 16, 2013, 06:16:55 am »
With nowhere else to go, I'm here to bug you all about the release. Now, I'm currently reinstalling the game from scratch and using the patch hosted on Doki, so this will be talking about my previous issues. I will be as specific as possible.

The last several times I've attempted to play, Nagisa's name has been missing from text, and anytime she said the main character's name, it was replaced with a string of text indicating an error. This did not break the game, per say, but it was very jarring. Aside from that, if I used the patch and tried to change my name with a save file still present, the game would crash. As it faded to white after selecting the option to change the name from the main menu, the game would simply stop working.

As I said, I've just finished reinstalling and patching, and all seems to be going well for now, but does anyone know the reason behind those particular oddities?

Offline Rokudaime

• Cosplayer
  • Keyfag and Type-Moon junkie
    • View Profile
    • Rokudaime's YouTube account
Re: Clannad 2008 Patch
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2013, 06:54:32 pm »
That patch is Baka-Tsuki's old patch, not ours. We're just providing it for those who still want it is all. But being an incomplete patch, it has several issues, obviously. We're still working on fixing all the issues in it and adding the stuff that wasn't translated, for our own patch. It will be out eventually, so if you want a bug-free patch, I suggest you wait until then.

Also, I'm not sure what you mean by "nowhere else to go", most people post their questions and problems with the game in this thread: http://doki.co/2013/08/24/summer-2013-vn-division-update-ta-maclinux-v1-1-sasami-route-complete/#comments
Not that there's anything wrong with posting here in the forum of course, it's just that I don't check it as often, so it will be longer before you get a reply. Maybe we'll make a Clannad Game Error Thread once our patch is out.
Taisetsu no mono wa, jibun no mite, kite, kangaeru koto sa.