Author Topic: Making a Good Hard-Subbed Ano Hana  (Read 8475 times)

Offline myfistus

• C-Box Member
  • Closet Otaku
  • Sometime people call me, inconsistency incarnated.
    • View Profile
Making a Good Hard-Subbed Ano Hana
« on: November 29, 2011, 01:16:22 pm »
Okay, so in early December I'll be heading back to my parent's place for about a month to spend Christmas break with them and they have a SUPER awesome blu-ray player; unlike my xbox, this thing can easily play back 1080P BD releases in hard-subbed .mp4 from my 80GB USB portable HD: No lag, no unsynched voices, just pure eye candy played back on their huge TV.

So anyways, the first thing I'm planning to watch on it is Ano Hana and I plan to download doki's release, use MKV extract to extract the .ass file from each episode, and use some sort of program to hard-sub it onto the best 1080P raw I can find. So what I'm wondering is the following:

*What program should I use to hardsub it?
*Is it possible to have the subtitles keep the same color/font they had in the .mkv file?
*If not, then how do I ensure the subtitles aren't eye cancer when hard-subbed?

Any feed back would be helpful.

Offline Haxton Fale

• C-Box Member
  • Imouto
  • Wild yuri fanboy
    • View Profile
Re: Making a Good Hard-Subbed Ano Hana
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2011, 01:27:49 pm »
You might want to try XVID4PSP, which should convert MKV softsub into whatever-you-want hardsub without having to demux MKV separately. This way you'll get subs the way they should be. The only problem might be codec configuration, since sometimes it works for me and sometimes it doesn't. Fun fact: it works with AviSynth too.

In case XVID4PSP won't work and you're too desperate to find any other way to keep the subs style, try Total Video Converter - all it converts is the text, you just have to find the font settings in Options window. It's also useful in converting animu for mobile phones, since you can get different formats with hardsubs readable on 3" screen.