Author Topic: Seinarukana Mission Guide  (Read 37575 times)

Offline shawurai

• Tsundere
    • View Profile
Seinarukana Mission Guide
« on: January 01, 2013, 09:46:15 pm »
Introduction

I've been enjoying this VN for a while now and bought several versions of it.
The missions in this VN can be tricky especially the first time you play or when you switch to a higher difficulty level. No need to worry if you just want to enjoy the story without being slowed down by the gameplay. You won't find any spoilers in these files apart from a few character and skill names. The guides you'll find here will help you clear the missions using a specific approach but you can always experiment and figure out other ways to clear the

missions. I would suggest trying out the missions without these guides as you'll enjoy playing them while trying to beat the enemies you encounter and getting a good score along the way.

I don't have complete credit for these guides as I also used the Japanese wiki/guide/FAQ for basic information and unit formation suggestions.
These guides aim to be as detailed as possible.

Released VN versions

(1)2007-08-03Initial release (Regular and Limited Edition)PC18+Testing
(2)2012-04-19PSP port (Regular and Limited Edition)PSPAll AgesNot Tested
(3)2012-09-28Special EditionPC18+Testing
(4)2016-04-20JAST releasePC18+Testing

What you need to know

- The guide will not affect the route you want to choose and doesn't contain any spoilers as far as I know (aside from your characters being mentioned by name)
- Aims to clear each mission with the best rank (SS rank)
- Aims to clear the chapter with max boost to character level
- Some skill names are translated while others aren't. I'll update all skill names when the English version of the VN gets released (ALL OLD FILES UPDATED)

Files

File -Normal Difficulty-File LinkFile TypeReleased
Event Battles (v1.0)Download here(.pdf format - 70k size)2013-06-15
Event Battles (v1.1)Download here(.pdf format - 71k size)2016-05-17
Chapter 2 (v1.0)Deleted(.pdf format - 165k size)2013-01-01
Chapter 2 (v1.1)Deleted(.pdf format - 180k size)2013-06-15
Chapter 2 (v1.2)Download here(.pdf format - 166k size)2016-05-17
Chapter 2 (v1.1) with image insertsDeleted(.pdf format - 1967k size)2013-06-15
Chapter 2 (v1.2) with image insertsDownload here(.pdf format - 1953k size)2016-05-17
Chapter 3 (v1.0)Deleted(.pdf format - 202k size)2013-06-15
Chapter 3 (v1.1)Download here(.pdf format - 187k size)2016-05-26
Chapter 3 (v1.0) with image insertsDeleted(.pdf format - 3140k size)2013-06-15
Chapter 3 (v1.1) with image insertsDownload here(.pdf format - 3125k size)2016-05-26
Chapter 4 (v0.1)Deleted(.pdf format - 87k size)2014-11-20
NEWChapter 4 (v1.0)Download here(.pdf format - 144k size)2016-07-20
NEWChapter 4 (v1.0) with image insertsDownload here(.pdf format - 2055k size)2016-07-20

Other Files

FileFile LinkFile TypeReleased
Chapter 2 Main PageDownload here(.jpg format - 2608k A4 size)2013-06-15
Chapter 3 Main PageDownload here(.jpg format - 2608k A4 size)2013-06-15
Chapter 4 Main PageDownload here(.jpg format - 2608k A4 size)2014-11-20

Let me know if you find any errors or better ways to clear a mission.
Also let me know if anyone can test this on the PSP version.
And drop a comment if you want  :)
« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 09:35:23 pm by shawurai »

I shall speak neither hurtful nor harsh word, but shall speak respectfully, even of my enemies, for temperate words may turn aside anger.

Offline Krozam

• C-Box Member
  • Mahou Shoujo
  • GM of The Wings of Hall RPG
    • View Profile
Re: Seinarukana Mission Guide
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 08:43:34 pm »
Interesting. Seeing as Eien no Aselia is easily my favourite VN so far, I'm looking forward to playing Seinarukana once it's fully translated. I might need this then.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | reviews
The Wings of Hall RPG - Do join in the fun!

Offline shawurai

• Tsundere
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2013, 02:13:04 am »
Little update.

I'm done with half of chapter 3 (that is 1 mission). It took me a while bacause I didn't have as much free time to work on it as I would have wanted. The 2nd and last mission of chapter 3 is much longer (about 3times as long as the 1st mission). Anotehr reason the 1st mission took so long to complete is because I replayed it several times to make sure I picked the best clearing route to get past each enemy. I'll upload the file for the 3rd chapter once the 2nd mission is complete.

Regarding the guide for the 2nd chapter that's already uploaded:
I'll make a small update for it when I upload the 3rd chapter. Nothing really important the the core guide itself will be mostly the same
Example of changes to come:
- change the phrase "move on next town" to "move on next base"
- change the order of the characters under "Character Skill Setup" so that it is the same as in the profile menu
- correct any typo I might find while reviewing the guide once more

About the guide for chapter 2 itself. I'm not sure how thing went ingame in Eien no Aselia but you might have noticed that there are sections where I make your units wait multiple times in a row before advancing them on a path. This is normal. Usually this is done at the end of a mission to get as close to the target IT as possible. You'll want to keep the mission  running as long as you can while not passing the SS rank mark. The main reason for this is to convert as much raw mana in usable mana.

Another thing to remind is that artifact that you build carry the effect over the complete map. This is important one you start using the "Sand of Time" artifact (not sure if the name is correct). Also don't bother building any other artifact other than "Sands of Time" or a mana converter. The rest eats your mana stock away and they are useless since their effect is usualy limited to the base they are build one. There might be a few exeptions late on in the game but i'll mention those if I find any that really needs to be used.

Also remember to de-construct any artifact you've placed on the map just before you leave that map (when you progress to another chapter). The reason for this is that you'll get the mana back (in a raw form) that you used to build those artifacts.

And most importantly don't use up all your mana on leveling. You'll be in trouble once you swich to a new map and find yourself with not enough usable mana. The first artifact you'll want to build asap on any new map is a "Sands of Time". Keep in mind that they cost a lot at higher levels.

I shall speak neither hurtful nor harsh word, but shall speak respectfully, even of my enemies, for temperate words may turn aside anger.

Offline shawurai

• Tsundere
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2013, 12:56:20 am »
Big update.

I updated the first post a bit.
New additions include updated version of chapter 2. The new layout will make it much easier to follow the guide step by step. As a result of this change the guide for chapter 2 has more pages. To fill in some of the white gaps in the guide I inserted images from the game. If you don't care for those grab the file that doesn't have them.

Chapter 2 v1.1 also includes lots of other changes and corrections I missed in v1.0 (v1.0 is still uploaded for now so you can check the differences wih the new version). List of changes found at the end of this post.

New files include complete chapter 3 (with and without image inserts). Also uploaded is an "Event Battle" file. This includes all battles that fall outside of a mission. The file includes all these event battles from chapter 1 to 3

At last I also uploaded 2 pages that you can print out to include before each chapter. I scanned this from the OST cover that was came with the Limited Edition of the 2007 release.

Thats it. It took a while for me to update this topic with new files but I kind of left this aside for a bit too long and when I picked it up again I wanted to make a new layout while completing chapter 3 so I ended up replaying chapters 2 and 3 a few times to check for errors and stuff. I hope chapter 4 won't take as long to complete.

- Chapter 2 (v1.0 to v1.1)
   * Typo fixes (all missions );
   * Changed character order (all missions);
   * Changed "town" to "base" (all missions);
   * Changed "Construction" to "Artifact Construction" (all missions);
   * Changed "Leveling" to "Divine Reinforce" (all missions);
   * Font change: (some Japanese text had different font) Japanese text set to MS PGhotic (all missions);
   * Layout update (all missions);
   * Correction: (mission 1 - IT 178) Missing "Story Event" line after the battle. This has been corrected;
   * Correction: (mission 1 - IT 441) Missing "Story Event" line. This has been corrected;
   * Correction: (mission 3 - IT 414) Note didn't mention what unit gets to move. This has been corrected;
   * Correction: (mission 3 - IT 466) Note didn't mention what unit gets to move. This has been corrected;
   * Correction: (mission 3 - IT 486) Nozomi's name was twise in the leveling table while Nozomu's name wasn't. This has been corrected;
   * Correction: (mission 3 - IT 707) Nozomu was set on 2 different positions during the 5th turn of the battle. This has been corrected;
   * Correction: (mission 3 - IT 728) Note says that Unit 3 comes in contact with Enemy Unit 7 while it should be Unit 2. This has been corrected;
   * Correction: (mission 3 - IT 799) Note says that Unit 2 comes in contact with Enemy Unit 4 while it should be Enemy Unit 11. This has been corrected;
   * Correction: (mission 4 - IT 388) Nozomi's skill durring the battle's 6th turn wasn't mentioned. This has been corrected;
   * Correction: (mission 4 - IT 746) miscellaneous (Misc) action is now displayed as regular actions with an IT start AND a line designating the end of the action;
   * Correction: (mission 4 - IT 746) Changed the character order in the Unit Reformation menu to reduce the number of character momements;
   * Correction: (mission 4 - IT 746) Changed the Unit number for the battle following the Unit Reformation menu. This is to reflect the previously made changes.

« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 02:54:07 pm by shawurai »

Offline shawurai

• Tsundere
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2014, 09:02:48 pm »
I haven't updated this in a while but here's the first mission of chapter 4.

There are 2 missions in this chapter but I only did a quick run of the 2nd mission as a test without preparing a guide for it so I'll just release the first part of the chapter as a version 0.1

The complete chapter 4 guide won't be up soon but once it's ready, I'll also update the previous 2 chapters as I found yet a couple more minor errors in those files.

Offline shawurai

• Tsundere
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2016, 12:23:28 am »
It's been nearly a month now since JAST released the official English release of this. I 'can't say I'm really happy about how this turned out to be. I'm only past chapter 2 at this moment but there's already plenty of stuff they can fix with a patch at this point. Skill information that's not correct, leftover sections of code that appear in conversations, missing voices for one of the tutorials, backgrounds that are missing, messy Photoshop work. the list goes on. It makes me wonder if they even properly tested their work before releasing it.

There's also the annoying stuff that I'm guessing is there because of some consistency that JAST maybe wishes to keep so not to confuse those that played theirs Aselia release? (Not sure myself since I haven't jet played it). I'm referring to the translations used in Seinarukana It is kind of annoying when you keep hearing "Permanent Will" and you need to read "Eternal Relic". Other examples are found in the battle sections. The tutorial clearly explains everything as "Timing" but somehow that got changed to "Phase". An example of this is "Start Support Timing" that got changed to "Encounter Phase". This is also the reason why the background CG for all those ended up so messy.

Other odd stuff in my opinion adding battles that weren't in any of the PC releases made by Xuse. Makes me wonder how they can they worked on the 2007 release when adding is stuff that shouldn't even be there. There's also changing skill names: "Vanish" to "Banish" and "Feather" to "Phaser" (= Zeu skill. Zeu is clearly represented as a raven (or some other bird) with a featherless flapping wing).

But let's get to the main topic.

There's an update for 3 files. More will follow. I'll leave the old version in place for now for those that wish to check the differences. The clearing method hasn't changed at all so no worries there! Some mayor differences are present in the Event Battles (I even replayed the Xuse releases to double check this). Check the log below for details:

- Event Battles (v1.0 to v1.1)
   * Layout updated;
   * Translation and terminology updated to be consistent with the Jast release for chapters 1 and 2;
   * Chapter 1 - An additional 2 event battles were included after the existing 2. These additional battles were NOT in the Xuse PC releases and are ONLY found in the JAST PC release;
   * Chapter 2 - An additional 4 event battles were included between the existing 2. These additional battles were NOT in the Xuse PC releases and are ONLY found in the JAST PC release;
   * Chapter 2 - The original 2nd event battle (with Katima, Nozomu and Nozomi) was updated as it happens at a later time and against a different enemy. This battle was NOT in the Xuse PC releases and is ONLY found in the JAST PC release.

- Chapter 2 (v1.1 to v1.2)
   * Translation and terminology updated to be consistent with the JAST release;
   * Correction: (mission 1 - IT 178) "Story Event" misplaced and moved to correct position at IT 138;

UPDATE 2016-05-26

Chapter 3 updated. No update yet for the event battles. Unlike with chapters 1 and 2 there were no changes made to chapter 3 in the JAST PC release this time. Next update for this file will probably be with chapter 4 release (that will cover both missions this time)

- Chapter 3 (v1.0 to v1.1)
   * Correction: (mission 2 - IT 142) Battle lasts only 3 turns and not 5;
   * Correction: (mission 2 - IT 261) Unit 4 moved and ended it's turn (not Unit 2);
   * Correction: (mission 2 - IT 530) Formation table had an error where Zeu was mentioned twice in Unit 4;
   * Correction: (mission 2 - IT 1530) Turn goes to AR Unit 5 (not Unit 1);
   * Correction: (mission 2 - IT 2032) While technically being enemy "43", the battle with the enemy should be "13" since the numbering was previously reset to "1";
   * Updated leveling order: (mission 2 - IT 408) Order now matches display in the game's menu;
   * Updated leveling order: (mission 2 - IT 1025) Order now matches display in the game's menu;
   * Updated leveling order: (mission 2 - IT 1512) Order now matches display in the game's menu.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 12:08:25 am by shawurai »

Offline andreas47

• Closet Otaku
  • I'm new here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2016, 05:11:04 pm »
i finished the chapter 4 mission 2 in 1677 IT to get ss and got s in 1717 IT
so it will be between them, hope it helps OP making the guide

Offline shawurai

• Tsundere
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2016, 01:41:44 am »
i finished the chapter 4 mission 2 in 1677 IT to get ss and got s in 1717 IT
so it will be between them, hope it helps OP making the guide

The limit is indeed set at 1699. You can clear it a lot faster but you'll want to level up as much as you can and convert all the mana you have since 1699 is a lot to clear this 2nd mission if you still have a Sands of Time on the map.

That being said.

The files for the 4th chapter are now added to the first post. I should have finished these sooner but I kept delaying progress on it.
I don't know when I'll post chapter 5 but I hope I won't take as long as I did for chapter 4. Anyway, at this point most people are already way past the 4th chapter and going on with the higher difficulties.

- Chapter 4 (v0.1 to v1.0)
   * Mission 2 added to complete the chapter guide.

No mayor differences with the original JP release this time. An update for the event battles file will be made eventually together when I post chapter 5.

On a side note.

Xuse released a very interesting patch for the Special Edition:
http://www.xuse.co.jp/support/049_naru-se/dl.html

Those that have that release should grab the patch as it fixes a mayor bug that has been bothering me for a long time.
In the unpatched version your characters and the enemy stats were way different from what they actually were when you were on the map or in a battle.
Example: Nozomi on the map had a Material protection stat of 118% at level 10 while it should have been 162%. All characters except Katima were affected by this bug. It also messed up the leveling stats. The only point where you had the correct stats was during the battles themselves (not even in the first setup phase) so this patch really is a nice thing even years after the game was released. (the original releases from 2007 didn't have that bug).
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 06:21:31 am by shawurai »

Offline Pepperyucky

• Closet Otaku
  • I'm new here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2016, 09:34:39 pm »
I'm still very much looking forward to these, thanks for the hard work!

Offline Shirokiba

• Closet Otaku
  • I'm new here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2016, 01:29:14 am »
This has been extremely helpful. I'm struggling to get past chapter 5. That darn green dragon guardian has so much material defense.

Offline naceq

• Closet Otaku
  • I'm new here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2016, 03:24:00 pm »
Thanks so much for this incredible work you have put into these guides.
Looking forward to seeing the guide for the next set of missions.

EDIT: Managed to clear all missions with SS rank. It is strange that the game gets easier the further you go into the story but I would never make it without these guides. It really helps you understand the way the game works. I am now on hard mode and enjoying the challenge.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 11:12:56 am by naceq »

Offline mkrnova

• Closet Otaku
  • I'm new here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2017, 07:16:31 pm »
the link are dead if anyone can please re-post the guide if possible thank you if anyone can.

Offline shawurai

• Tsundere
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2017, 09:37:26 pm »
Fixed all links to the files in the first post.

Dropbox changed sharing rules and I didn't update the links in time. Done now.

Offline mkrnova

• Closet Otaku
  • I'm new here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2017, 09:23:07 am »
not sure if this is the wrong place to ask this but what is the difference between the+18 version I am playing and the steam other then the remove h-content?