Discussion Forums > Manga

Krozam's Manga Diary

<< < (2/10) > >>

Zarich:

--- Quote from: Krozam on August 21, 2011, 05:46:37 pm ---WTF?? The latest Negima chapter is absolutely terrible! A long and epic arc was practically ended is a very abrupt and anticlimatic way. :( My initial reaction:

(click to show/hide)Wait, that was it? They chased away MotB with one swing, and Asuna can return things as they were just like that? WTF? That was so... anticlimatic! This is the first time Negima has let me down so.

Of course, there's still the problem of the magical world dying, and Nagi/MotB, but this part of the story is over, and I'm very disappointed with how abruptly it ended, after all that buildup. :(
--- End quote ---

Really? Good. I actually,  really hated the Magical World arc truth be told. I know that itw as like set up since like the start with Asuna's flashback dream in the Kansai Magic Association Arc but yeah..

Krozam:
Just read the 5 latest chapters of Nurarihyon no Mago. Full of action and sheer coolness. I just love the brand of coolness that this manga exudes in almost every single chapter... <3 And once again, I find Disciple just perfect for the mood.

Krozam:
The Breaker manhwa is getting interesting again. New Waves started a bit boring - but then again, so did the first series - and it took thirty chapters before Shioon got back to kicking ass. But it was worth it to keep reading. I just enjoyed twenty chapters of Breaker goodness while listening to various Pain songs. This is the music that I mentally connect to Breaker, and manhwa with dark-mooded ass-kicking in general.

Krozam:
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - School Version (Gurren Gakuenhen)

Six chapters of energetic, hilarious school comedy. Also insanely fucking awesome. That's all you need to know, now go read it! And don't forget to listen to some badass music while you read it.

"...So if you want to stop me, you'd better ready the apocalypse!!"

I wish there was more of this. :(

Krozam:
Hammer Session! by Tanahashi Namoshiro and Koganemaru Yamato

...Huh. I never thought I'd find a teacher manga that seriously rivals GTO as the best of its kind. Hammer Session might not be as emotionally appealing as GTO, but it's almost as funny and wise, and the art is way superior (the girls are really hot, though there's not much fanservice). More importantly, it's much more intelligent than GTO, almost as psychologically deep and interesting as Iris Zero.

The best part about Hammer Session is the protagonist. He's not your typical male protagonist, as he's not stupid, ordinary, or even moderately intelligent: he's truly intelligent. His methods when helping his students (and occasionally other teachers) are as original as Onizuka's, but they're less emotionally appealing and motivated by feelings. This guy is a master swindler and manipulator, his methods are always well thought out and intelligent. Both ways have their good points, but I kinda prefer the intelligent way, as could be guessed from my fondness of protagonists such as TWGOK's Keima and Iris Zero's Tooru.

I'm pretty hooked, but unfortunately there are only 17 chapters translated so far. The manga is already complete with 11 volumes and a 3-volume sequel in the country of origin. It's sad when treasures like this don't get the love they deserve. :( At least there's a dorama adaptation, so I guess it's reasonably popular in Japan.

Music: Haven't found anything particularly fitting yet. I've been listening to Papa Roach, but I'm pretty sure I could find something more fitting if I really tried. Poets of the Fall would probably fit well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version