Discussion Forums > Enticing to watch...

Comedy

(1/3) > >>

TheThing:
General Rules

Post reply here with your favorite anime anime titles along with a short description (and pics :D). Remember to read the Guidelines and tips before continuing.

Thread rules

This is the comedy section. Characters breaking the 4th wall frequently? Making frequent references to other anime titles? If you are looking for something to laugh over then you should find something to your liking here.

Anime titles

* Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!
* Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou
* Detroit Metal City
* Gokusen
* Hanasaku Iroha
* Kaichou wa Maid-sama
* MM!
* Ookami-san to Shichinin no Nakama-tachi (by Krozam)
* Summer Wars
* Toradora
* Working!! (by TheThing)
* Zettai Karen Children (by TheThing)
Anime titles in other threads

* Acchi Kocchi
* Amaenaide yo!! (by Krozam)
* Ano Natsu de Matteru
* Asobi ni Iku Yo (by TheThing)
* Clannad (by Kuroneko)
* Cowboy Bebop
* Full Metal Panic
* High School DxD
* Infinite Stratos (by TheThing)
* Kaitou Saint Tail (by Krozam)
* Karin
* Kokoro Connect
* K-ON!
* Ladies vs. Butlers (by Kuroneko)
* Mawaru Penguindrum
* Read or Die/R.O.D. the TV
* Soul Eater
* Tokyo Godfathers
* To Aru Kagaku no Railgun
* To Aru Majutsu no Index (by Chadwicke)
* To Love-Ru: Trouble
* Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun
* Vandread

TheThing:
Zettai Karen Children
Comedy, Action, Supernatural
MAL - Downloads: Series, OVA

I absolutely love Zettai Karen Children, it has huge amount of comedy and some of the most kick ass moments I can remember in anime.

Zettai Karen Children is about 3 girls who have the highest measured psychic powers. They are recruited by B.A.B.E.L. to stop other people misusing their psychic powers. The series follows them on this adventure of theirs.

Zettia Karen Children is, as I mentioned, hilariously funny and yet can be very serious at times. It was produced by Synergy SP and was done just after Synergy finished Hayate no Gotoku, 1st season. The 4th wall is constantly being broken in many of the episodes not to mention that you can see some of Hayate characters in the background here and there.

In the beginning of the show, the characters are introduced, their problems and their backgrounds. It isn't until in episode 26 when the main plot twist is introduced. And from there, the show starts becoming more serious and more awesome and kickass (not saying that it wasn't like that before, it was still being kickass :D). It all amounts to episode 37 in amount of epicness and pure awesomeness.

Anyways, I recommend Zettai Karen Children to anyone that loves a good comedy. Don't let the lolis fool you, it's a good show ;)

Pictures

(click to show/hide)

TheThing:
Working!!
Comedy, Slice of Life
MAL - Download, 720p.mp4

With the coming of an Anime with just about no plot, one wonders how good something like Working!! can actually be. To my surprise, what was supposed to be a filler series to pass the time for me ended up being one of the most enjoyable of spring 2010.

There isn't much of a story really. Takanashi just goes to work at a family restaurant full of weird and unique co-workers and takes it from there for the rest of the series. However even with the lack of a real story, Working!! makes up for easily with their characters. Even with the lack of plot, a handful of the characters were well done in the sense that they achieve what this anime was meant to do, to make us laugh. There were quite a bit of running gags, but still has more then enough to keep you watching.

For an anime with very minimal plot, it does a very outstanding job in entertaining its viewers and is definitely worth watching.*

I should add, that this anime has some of the best comebacks I have seen in anime. With season 2 coming this fall 2011, you should definitely see this one out :D.

Pictures

(click to show/hide)

*bonus strip*
* Review written by setvenx.

Hanover Fist:
MM!

Comedy, Ecchi, Romance, Harem
MAL - Torrents: 1080p, 720p, 480p

Sado Taro - a massive masochist - goes to his school's volunteer club to be cured of his masochism. He wants to be "normal" before he confesses to the mystery girl he has a crush on. Sadly, she has complications as well. Many more problems ensue along Taro's path to normality.

Each major character has their own extreme kink in this show, ranging from masochism, sadism, androphobia, crossdressing, voyeurism, brocon, lolicon, soncon and much more. While mainly a light ecchi comedy, I liked the subtle message of acceptance and tolerance of other people's weirdness. That and it had me busting out laughing loudly at least once and often many times an episode. We're not talking "lol" here - this is waking and scaring the neighbors. ;)

Pictures

(click to show/hide)

Krozam:
Ookami-san to Shichinin no Nakama-tachi
Comedy, Parody, Romance, Action
MAL - Torrents: 1080p (12GB -.-'), 720p

Have a problem? Talk to Otogi Bank, a student aid group that helps people get what they need – for a hefty price. Led by Liszt Kiriki and staffed by tsundere Ryouko, inventor Majolica, jealous Otohime, flirtatious Tarou, serious Alice, nervous Ryoushi and maid Otsuu, Otogi Bank assists with everything from helping break into a rival school to convincing an upperclassman to not quit a sports team. Can Otogi Bank manage to make all their clients happy, and most importantly, will Ryoushi ever manage to win Ryouko’s heart? (Source: Anime-Planet)

Ookami-san might be the most hilarious anime I've ever watched. I laughed with tears in my eyes several times per episode, mostly thanks to the brilliant narration script, voiced by the fantastic Arai Satomi. Most people know her from her role as the voice of Shirai Kuroko from the To Arus, but to me this is hands down her crowning role.

Another noteworthy thing about this anime is the lead trio. The female lead is quite possibly the most well-balanced tsundere I've ever seen: she's just tsun enough to keep up the comedy and just dere enough to never make me feel like she's a b*tch not worthy of the male lead's love. The male lead's fear of being stared at makes him hilariously pathetic (not disgustingly pathetic) and his coolness in several key situations gives his personality some nice contradiction. The third main character, the female lead's closest friend, is probably the second most important source of comedy after the narrator. She's delightfully adept at manipulating people with her loli cuteness.

The romance is also well developed through the series, though this anime definitely needs a second season, the story is very incomplete. I really hope there will be a second season, because the level of entertainment I got from this anime is almost on par with Kaze no Stigma. I want more!

My full review: http://www.anime-planet.com/users/Krozam/reviews/3870

Pictures
(click to show/hide)Our "brave" male protagonist, Ryoushi:

Female lead, Ryouko: Tsun...

...dere...

...pettanko.

Akai Ringo, a lovely Little Red Riding Hood with a black heart:

Some of the supporting cast:

Ryouko kicking ass:

Ryoushi being badass:

The club pres is usually a slacker, but he's got his moments...

One of the few antagonists whom I really hate and wish dead:

...And a random funny scene for the end.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version