Author Topic: WebHosting?  (Read 12943 times)

Offline Tousen

• Closet Otaku
  • I'm new here!
    • View Profile
WebHosting?
« on: August 24, 2011, 11:18:25 pm »
Hello,

Where do you host your main domain ,the "doki.co"? what about the files for IRC downloading service?

Do you use a dedicated server for both or a shared one for the "doki.co" and a dedicated for the IRC downloads or what?

(Do you get any trouble with copy rights and such crap?)

Sorry for the sudden rain of questions but where ever I go around reading in WebHosting and FileHosting policies I see hell a lot of crazy stuff and that it might lead to the dropping of the contract and the money ,no matter how much it is, (going "水の泡") goes to waste without refunds. I have been looking for an answer for a while now but found nothing.

It would be great if Holo-san or someone could answer me.

Thanks....

Offline Holo

• Administrator
  • Tsundere
    • View Profile
    • Doki Fansubs
Re: WebHosting?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2011, 10:00:18 am »
google kimsufi. All my servers are hosted there.

Offline Tousen

• Closet Otaku
  • I'm new here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2011, 11:41:58 am »
You didn't really answer my questions but thanks anyways that helped.  :)

Offline Espionage724

• Closet Otaku
  • I'm new here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2011, 01:49:12 am »
If it's of any help or anything, I host my own website (I use a DynDNS address, and redirect it to my own computer).

I haven't looked into this subject much, but I would love to be able to just be able to use my own .com address, and just redirect it to my IP (most things I see allow you to get a .com address but the files are hosted on THEIR server)

Offline Tousen

• Closet Otaku
  • I'm new here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2011, 09:38:05 am »
I am not sure what you mean. You can get your own .com address; you just have to register it somewhere and redirect it to your website's server.

For me, getting a shared server on one of those hosting services is ideal but the problem is will I get any trouble with copy rights? it is not like I am going to provide direct download from the hosting server or anything but still in all the policies that I have read they say it is possible for them to cancel the contract if I posted copy righted materials without refund. I don't want to pay for three years and get canceled half way.

Offline Espionage724

• Closet Otaku
  • I'm new here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2011, 10:49:14 am »
I am not sure what you mean. You can get your own .com address; you just have to register it somewhere and redirect it to your website's server.

Yea I know I can do this, however I should of added I have yet to find a "free" way of doing this :/

Offline PolynAzn

• C-Box Member
  • Tsundere
  • I'm just a lurker, leecher, hater and troll!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2011, 11:47:23 am »
Interesting... Have no idea what use i have for this yet.
I stole something from Halo.... Guess what it is 3:D

Offline Tousen

• Closet Otaku
  • I'm new here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2011, 04:32:38 pm »
Yea I know I can do this, however I should of added I have yet to find a "free" way of doing this :/

Nothing that really could satisfy you is free. I don't know about the "host it in my computer" thing, but in general I think when you register a domain (whether .com or whatever) you will be asked where to direct it and I think it is included in the registration fee. Also you could get a .tk free domain in here but never tried it and I have seen a website that gives .cc.ca or something like it, one-year for free. Other than that you have to pay for registration and for transformation but it is really cheap "10$" a year is nothing. I have problems cz I don't have any method of payment.