Author Topic: What would YOU like to see adapted?  (Read 11173 times)

Offline APOCALYPSE

• C-Box Member
  • Closet Otaku
  • Cbox Camper / Eu Enthusiast
    • View Profile
What would YOU like to see adapted?
« on: July 23, 2011, 01:13:35 am »
In this world exists basically infinite stories through poems (epics), books, comic books, manga, light novels, games, legends, stories of mouth, etc etc. So much that it actually can't even be comprehended! I believe that in this endless pool of stories there is a large amount of material (even outside Japan) that is more than suitable to be adapted into an awesome anime series or movie. Though now, I mostly read thrillers/mysteries (my favorite authors atm are John Grisham and Mary Higgens Clark), I've read more than a few action or adventure or fantasy or science fiction novels that I'd love to see adapted into an anime, though that is more than likely to never happen.

So my question to you guys is, what would YOU like to see adapted into an anime series? (Also explain why in here, since we might not all know what you mean :D)
I don't really mean a VN or manga, though that would be also acceptable to put here :D

Try not to spoil what you are explaining either, aside from the basic synopsis

Poison
By Chris Wooding

Synopsis
(click to show/hide)

So, what do YOU wanna see adapted?
I see this thread becoming a book recommendation thread :D
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 01:19:00 am by APOCALYPSE »
sup dood

Offline Krozam

• C-Box Member
  • Mahou Shoujo
  • GM of The Wings of Hall RPG
    • View Profile
Re: What would YOU like to see adapted?
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2011, 08:48:10 am »
Well, aside from numerous light novel and manga adaptations and sequels, it'd be insanely awesome if someone were to adapt a volume of Steven Erikson's Malazan Book of the Fallen into an anime. That'd be the most epic anime ever made, and likely ever to be made, unless they were to adapt the whole series. ;D

Of course, I wouldn't mind some other good fantasy book series getting adapted either. Or Final Fantasy IX.

But, you know, what I'd MOST like is to some day be able to screenwrite an anime of my own story. Never gonna happen, but one can always dream... and write.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | reviews
The Wings of Hall RPG - Do join in the fun!

Offline Pitchblack

• Girl with guns daisuki *-*
  • C-Box Member
  • Yandere
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2011, 12:38:13 pm »
The novels of halo = Epic Story

Offline Hanover Fist

• Usagimimi
    • View Profile
    • Hanover Fist Productions on YT
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2011, 06:20:12 pm »
I would love a third season of Moonlight Mile. The second season of the anime left a lot unresolved and the manga has 21 volumes and counting.

I figure it's bound to happen at some point but I'm also looking forward to a Yotsuba&! anime based on the manga by Kyiohiko Azuma (of Azumanga Daioh fame).

Offline Zarich

• Pettanko Lover
  • C-Box Member
  • Closet Otaku
  • Hammerheart-ed
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2011, 08:32:42 pm »
Pitch, I knew you were going to say the Halo books.

1. The Codex of Alera.

The Codex of Alera by Jim Butcher (of Dresden Files Fame). It is Epic Fantasy in its true sense. The series was concieved on a bet with another author. The bet was for Jim butcher to mix two ideas that the author will come up. Those two Ideas? The lost Roman legion and Pokemon. What we get is a Roman Setting fantasy series with people that can control furies of elements (the usual Water, Earth, Fire, Wind). To me, the books (well just the first and the second since after that were are big time gaps) would make a good anime just due to the themes around it. Hell, there is even a Tsundere Pettanko in the book, how can I not love it?

2. Xanth

The Xanth series is probably my favorite series of all time. For those who don't know it is a about a magical land set aside from earth where everyone has one unique magical power, there is a magician with a castle who can answer any question for a fee of one years service, a Dragon with a Donkey head called NIMBY and the world is full of puns. Oh yeah, did I mention that Xanth is the exact Shape of Florida?The Xanth series is Fun, has a bunch of gag-worthy puns. big adventures and a good amount lot of ecchi in them later on (lets just say Panties have a magical Property). While it wouldn't make good in one series, it would be good in a bunch of OVAs with a varying amount of episodes.

Offline AzureHakua

• Half-Ghost Seeking Death
  • Cosplayer
  • Kore de ii?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2011, 03:05:23 am »
999 the visual novel. It could definitely work similarly to Higurashi.

Ace Attorney. This can only be good.

Offline CASANOVA

• C-Box Member
  • Closet Otaku
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2011, 07:52:53 pm »
there are many i want to see adapted but i'll only post a few

Id

A nice adventure story with grea fights and plot

Synopsis
(click to show/hide)

To Love-Ru Darkness

i know to love-Ru is already adapted but i want to see this "new" manga on TV ^^

Synopsis
(click to show/hide)

ARAGO

I dont think many people know about this manga, what is a shame. It has a nice story and happens in London, i just  want to add that it has also awsome fights

Synopsis
(click to show/hide)

Offline Krozam

• C-Box Member
  • Mahou Shoujo
  • GM of The Wings of Hall RPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2011, 10:47:03 pm »
Oh, Id anime would be totally epic and awesome. Arago would be nice, too. I can see Arago happening soon-ish, but not Id, since it's a manhwa and those get rarely animated.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | reviews
The Wings of Hall RPG - Do join in the fun!

Offline Nymphetamine2791

• Tsundere
  • Aka Nymph The Hopeless Romantic
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2011, 04:03:35 am »
An updated and non-shitty version that doesn't care about taboos of the Berserk manga

"There isn't a single guy who doesn't want to spoil his girl."
--Amagami SS

Offline InfinityStream

• C-Box Member
  • Imouto
  • Popularly known as Piddles
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2011, 12:24:55 am »
Teen Titans needs an update. The whole series. And don't they dare stop on what seems to be a cliffhanger even if it really isn't.
I didn't like all those pics in my sig...

www.fark.com

Offline Khorne11

• Closet Otaku
  • Visual Novels and anime= my life
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2012, 01:06:52 am »
It would be godly if funimation and visual arts got around to finally making a little busters! visual novel, Little Busters! EX is my favorite visual novel, though a bit hard to play, in fact way to complicated, it took me over a year to finally complete all of the paths. None the less it has an amazing story, funny characters, Key's epic twists and all of the other things Key is known for times 100000.

-K11
The doggie says Woof Woof... That was the wild boar, Moo Moo
-Mai Kawasumi

Offline XxanimefreakxX

• Kawaii desu~
  • C-Box Member
  • Closet Otaku
  • MELON!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2012, 08:47:03 pm »
Kyou, koi wo hajimemasu and kimi no iru machi(both are my fav romance manga:P)

i know that the two of them has a OVA(kyou, koi wo hajimemasu) and an ONA(kimi no iru machi), i would like to see them having a Tv series instead of just being an OVA or an ONA>_>