Author Topic: Tomoyo After: It's a Wonderful Life Questions  (Read 6922 times)

Offline itsnotgabriel

• Closet Otaku
  • I'm new here!
    • View Profile
Tomoyo After: It's a Wonderful Life Questions
« on: August 11, 2014, 08:09:36 am »
Hopefully, at least some of you have played through Tomoyo After: It's a Wonderful Life. I'm sorry for my stupidity, but I have a couple questions about the ending, and if anyone would be kind of enough to enlighten me, that would be great. There will be spoilers, just warning you now.

What I'm unclear about is actually the endings of the CS and ME versions. I already know about the ending for the standard version, which is that Tomoya's operation is unsucessful, but he keeps his memory for a while before he finally passes away.

Then, when the CS and ME versions came out, they added a little extra at the end of the epilogue, which can be seen in this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ry7euvon-l8

After reading the comments, there seems to be quite a few possible interpretations of the ending, some of which include:
1) Tomoya's operation succeeded and he simply fell into a coma, then woke up and he and Tomoyo lived together.
2) Tomoya's operation failed and he passes way but when Tomoyo eventually dies as well, they are finally reunited in heaven.
3) Tomoya's operation failed and he passes away and them reuninity is simply a dream Tomoyo had.

I just couldn't find a straight answer anywhere. The uploader of the video states that he lives in the CS/ME versions because he survives but falls into a coma after his operation, but eventually wakes up and is reunited with Tomoyo again. However, in part 2 of his three-part video series (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77AzqSDBT54), the description states that the operation was unsucessful. He is contradicting himself, because if the operation was unsucessful, then he wouldn't be able to live on with Tomoyo. This is quite frustrating for me, because I also can't find out myself, since there's been no English patch realeased for the CS/ME versions. Can anyone here clarify the ending? Does Tomoya live? If he does, then how come is says that his operation was unsucessful? I apologize in advance, but I just cannot handle sad endings, let alone unclear endings. Again, this is for the CS/ME versions. I'm aware he does pass away in the orginal version.