Author Topic: Giving Talk on the 'Psychological Structure of Key Works' Tonight ~Brainstorming  (Read 9846 times)

Offline Clannad Man

• 'Key' Enthusiast
  • Global Moderator
  • Cosplayer
  • Current Project: Complete Key Music Collection
    • View Profile
Greetings Doki Legion,

As several of the C-Box users already know, I am giving a speech on the 'Psychological Structure of Key Works' tonight, which will be followed by a short panel discussion.  Although I have a general idea of the questions will be asked, I am also not entirely sure of others' specific topics of interest since I have never before participated in an anime event in this capacity.  Therefore, I would like to ask Doki's users if they have any questions regarding the continuity or comprehension of Key works.  Your questions will allow me to brainstorm before the evening comes about.  Thanks in advance for your help!
Background:

*Questions will be taken from the audience, so anything on topic can be asked!

*Discussion will focus on animated Key works (Kanon, Air, Clannad & ~AS~, and Angel Beats!

*Speculative questions concerning future events will be avoided or deferred

*Explanations of potentially confusing scenes will be explained

"Hit me with your best shot!  Fire away!"**

**(kudos to you if you actually know where this line is from)
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 06:02:32 am by Clannad Man »
I make a point of trying to improve myself each day so I'll be better prepared to take on the next.  It feels good!

Offline ixlone

• Loli Collector
  • Administrator
  • Nekomimi
  • Mmm... Miku!
    • View Profile
Never been to an anime convention, nor am I a big Key fan, so my minds totally blank :x

Offline InfinityStream

• C-Box Member
  • Imouto
  • Popularly known as Piddles
    • View Profile
AS

Why does Tomoya have such an effect on people?
What are those balls of light? (Yes, I think I know the answer but you did say to get your mind running and all that...)

Air
Who exactly are those kids on the beach? (I still don't get it. xD)
I didn't like all those pics in my sig...

www.fark.com

Offline Hanover Fist

• Usagimimi
    • View Profile
    • Hanover Fist Productions on YT
** Pat Benatar :) I remember that song from the radio.

Most of these I know already. I did wonder about them the first time through the series and before finishing the VN. Thought they'd be good brainstorming material.

Clannad & AS

What's the deal between Tomoya and his dad? Where exactly did all the bad feelings come from?
What disease does Nagisa have?
What is the deal with those glowing balls?
Who are the souls inhabiting the girl and the robot in the dreamworld?
That story Nagisa can't remember from her childhood that she turns into the play, is it just memories from robot/girl time?
Where does that dreamworld fit chronologically?

I hope these help.

Offline Clannad Man

• 'Key' Enthusiast
  • Global Moderator
  • Cosplayer
  • Current Project: Complete Key Music Collection
    • View Profile
Never been to an anime convention, nor am I a big Key fan, so my minds totally blank :x

Neither have I, outside of a couple minute walk-through once when I was on vacation.  But hey, life's about trying new things, right?

@Infinity, @Hanover: Got it, thanks! (Balls of Light, mhm, mhm!)
I make a point of trying to improve myself each day so I'll be better prepared to take on the next.  It feels good!