Author Topic: The 12 Days of Christmas : The Gift List  (Read 15201 times)

Offline Clannad Man

• 'Key' Enthusiast
  • Global Moderator
  • Cosplayer
  • Current Project: Complete Key Music Collection
    • View Profile
The 12 Days of Christmas : The Gift List
« on: December 12, 2011, 01:33:46 am »
Season's Greetings, Doki Legion!

SO... after today there's only 12 more days until Christmas.  Regardless of what religion you practice, this is a time of year to celebrate family, friendship, and of course the joy of gift giving.  Just about everyone has something they look forward to giving or receiving; what's on your short list of desirables?

The Clannad Man Holiday Postcard

I'll go first with something I want to give... one of my friends is a huge classic rock fan, so I'm going to give him a custom made pair of Jim Morrison earbuds from the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame.  Its sound quality is amazing, so I'm sure he'll love it.  As for something I would like to get, I would love a certain Audio CD, but since the chances of me getting that are slim, I'd be happy with some of the Little Busters! Natsume Brothers Radio CDs.  Or a better phone.  Nothing real big for me this year!
I make a point of trying to improve myself each day so I'll be better prepared to take on the next.  It feels good!

Offline invisiblemoose

• Closet Otaku
  • I'm new here!
    • View Profile
Re: The 12 Days of Christmas : The Gift List
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2011, 02:29:55 am »
メリークリスマス! The best Christmas gift is a break from uni... Also gifted myself a CD.

I'd love to get you that CD Clannad Man but I think it's impossible. :P Maybe another Clannad CD from my collection has your name on it though. Doki gift swap anyone?

Offline TheThing

• Experienced Programmer
  • Global Moderator
  • Loli
  • Living in IS
    • View Profile
    • My Personal Blog
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2011, 07:02:54 pm »
What is in my list of desirable is basically anything Key related in a BD boxset. Hell, I was even planning on maybe buying one myself but didn't have money :(

Other than that, maybe some Manga volumes would be nice.

In the "not anime related list" it would be one of these:
  • High quality headphones (gamer headphones have more bass, I want music quality) so I can listen to anime music in better quality :3
  • High quality audio card (see above item for details on why)
  • Another computer screen (so I can work on anime better among other things)

Ok, so maybe it has something to do with anime after all :p
Living in IS is fun, except for the occasional volcano eruptions in my backyard but that's another story.
Owner & Project leader for NFP Encodings & ForPitch.
Making lolis cry since 2011

Offline Haxton Fale

• C-Box Member
  • Imouto
  • Wild yuri fanboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2011, 07:26:20 pm »
What I'd like to get is an admission (and a loan to cover the fees)... but I'll probably settle with Strawberry Panic! novels (which I'm going to order myself). Also, it'd be a lot of fun to actually buy (or be gifted) some SonoHana games and Xenocross: The Music Box of Memories. As for non-otaku stuff, I could probably use a decent CPU or graphics card so it'll play 1080p a bit smoother... but who needs that?

Offline InfinityStream

• C-Box Member
  • Imouto
  • Popularly known as Piddles
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2011, 09:21:26 pm »
My Anime Wishlist

All Key related products.

Gundam Models (They are so fun to make... Gimme now.)

Ashita E Single.

School Days HQ Uncensored (It's not coming out till sometime next year. But who cares?)

AnoHana BD DVD's

Infinite Stratos BD's

My Non - Anime Wishlist

SkyWard Sword (HAVE IT BABY)

Over-Ear Headphones (Hate in ears...)

8GB Mini SD Card for all my anime music :3

2 Prong to 3 Prong Electrical Output (For places with only 2 prong when I need 3 prongs...)
I didn't like all those pics in my sig...

www.fark.com

Offline Krozam

• C-Box Member
  • Mahou Shoujo
  • GM of The Wings of Hall RPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2011, 02:44:51 am »
I don't really have anything in particular that I want... Maybe a new mp3 player with more space... Some chocolate (it's a tradition in the family, we give each other quite a lot of sweets)... A couple of books or a gift certificate to a bookshop... :/ If I want something, I buy it, I don't wait for the christmas.

Overall I'm pretty much in agreement with invisiblemoose, the best things about christmas are holidays, food, family and atmosphere. I'm no longer a kid who gets all excited over gifts.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 02:59:24 am by Krozam »

Anime-Planet.com - anime | reviews
The Wings of Hall RPG - Do join in the fun!

Offline myfistus

• C-Box Member
  • Closet Otaku
  • Sometime people call me, inconsistency incarnated.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2011, 03:22:26 am »
When it comes to wants, I'd reaaaaly like a better rig that can easily playback 1080P BD.

If I had almost 500$ to spare......I WOULD NOT waste it on reserving the fate/zero box set for a present. Instead, I would get my friend a better graphics card so he can play back UTW's 10-bit 1080P release of the Fate/Zero (As well as play Skyrim with the graphics set higher.)

Offline Clannad Man

• 'Key' Enthusiast
  • Global Moderator
  • Cosplayer
  • Current Project: Complete Key Music Collection
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2011, 03:42:02 am »
Overall I'm pretty much in agreement with invisiblemoose, the best things about christmas are holidays, food, family and atmosphere.

I hear ya!  Started this for more of my own curiosity than anything.  Plus, it might give me some ideas of my own for gifts to give...  :P
I make a point of trying to improve myself each day so I'll be better prepared to take on the next.  It feels good!

mangos

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2011, 02:57:51 pm »
Chocolates because I love them, a book because I'm about to finish the one that I've been reading, cookies because when it's cold I get hungrier and I know that no one is going to buy me this but I love this car: http://www.koenigsegg.com/

Offline heyman

• Moe Lover
  • C-Box Member
  • Mahou Shoujo
  • ^My waifu - Momo <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2011, 12:52:26 pm »
What I would like to receive:
  • One of Victorinox swiss army knives.
  • Kissology.
  • New PC (that's not gonna happen but I can dreaming, right? ;)).
  • Sailor Moon manga.
  • Bluray player + some movies/anime.