Author Topic: Estimate on project clannad?  (Read 10154 times)

Offline RantsiProduction

• Closet Otaku
  • I'm new here!
    • View Profile
Estimate on project clannad?
« on: November 16, 2013, 11:42:44 am »
Yea i know i made my forum account mainly to know that . Whats your current progress with clannad translation to english and do you have any estimate when its R? 2014 beginning , later or earlier? if its private info i don't mind but thx for your time anyways . Keep the subbing up!!

Offline Rokudaime

• Cosplayer
  • Keyfag and Type-Moon junkie
    • View Profile
    • Rokudaime's YouTube account
Re: Estimate on project clannad?
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2013, 08:47:45 pm »
Well, it seems a lot of you expect it to be done within a few months, or even earlier, but you might get disappointed. One of the translators on the project told me it might be another two years...but, well, to be honest I don't really know. ┐( ̄_ ̄)┌ It's kind of hard to predict I think. The speed of the work being done fluctuates as people become more or less busy with other projects and/or real life.
Taisetsu no mono wa, jibun no mite, kite, kangaeru koto sa.

Offline Marik

• Closet Otaku
  • I'm new here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2013, 03:53:53 pm »
Can I take it that you still need another translator, then?

Because I had been working on Clannad for a little bit last year, but quit when I read Doki was taking over the project.
The project I'm working on right now is almost finished, so I wouldn't mind lending you a hand; I'm planning on re-reading Clannad soon anyway.

Just PM me if you are interested in the extra hand, although it's fine also if you have everything under control as it is.

Offline Rokudaime

• Cosplayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2013, 05:49:47 pm »
Can I take it that you still need another translator, then?

Because I had been working on Clannad for a little bit last year, but quit when I read Doki was taking over the project.
The project I'm working on right now is almost finished, so I wouldn't mind lending you a hand; I'm planning on re-reading Clannad soon anyway.

Just PM me if you are interested in the extra hand, although it's fine also if you have everything under control as it is.

Yes, we would definitely be interested in having another TL on board. Drop by #doki-recruits on IRC, and get someone's attention (out of the ones with a "&" in front of their nick. Delwack, Tomo, Kuzu, or NeWbY, especially, since they're the project leader and main translators respectively), and tell them what you want to do, and what skills/experience you have. You'll probably be given a test. Alternatively, Tomo tells me that presumably you may be allowed to forego the test if you can tell us which portions of Clannad you worked on.

Offline RantsiProduction

• Closet Otaku
  • I'm new here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2013, 01:57:41 am »
Well, it seems a lot of you expect it to be done within a few months, or even earlier
na i never though so ^^. its hard time working on such long project after all specially with Clannad as theres always differen't routes and possiblities and always different parts to translate but yea 1-2year estimate is just fine with me also :p. You will be updating the progress in the mainpage anyways right?

Offline Rokudaime

• Cosplayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2013, 04:37:17 pm »
I don't really intend to do monthly updates, no, but people usually ask me every month, or even more often, so I will probably have to...But there might not necessarily always be much to tell. But of course, once the project is done, there will be a big post about it on the front page, so that will be hard to miss at least.

Offline RantsiProduction

• Closet Otaku
  • I'm new here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2013, 01:31:46 am »
I don't really intend to do monthly updates, no, but people usually ask me every month, or even more often, so I will probably have to...But there might not necessarily always be much to tell. But of course, once the project is done, there will be a big post about it on the front page, so that will be hard to miss at least.

yea would just be wasting frontpage and giving people hopes by updating every minorthing about it there