Author Topic: Tomoyo After  (Read 131683 times)

Offline crooksy

• Closet Otaku
  • I'm new here!
    • View Profile
Re: Tomoyo After
« Reply #105 on: October 21, 2012, 02:06:00 pm »
There is no way i can express my gratitude to the entire Doki VN department in words, so i will just say this:

THANK YOU for that amazing experience that was Tomoyo: After Story. I will forever remember what i have just experienced.

But this. Oh lord. For the entire duration of the Tomoyo After: After, i had tears in my eyes, and towards the end the dam breached and i sat there crying like a kid for 10 minutes.
This is the most emotional experience i have ever had, and i would recommend it to anyone, anytime.

I wish you all the best of luck for any future VN subbing.

Took the words right out of my mouth. Although, the experience left me slightly jaded. Perhaps I was hoping for a different outcome because of Clannad, than what TA:IAWL offered. A part of me feels as if there was a degree of punishment exercised by Key and the VN team to Tomoyo fans out there with the way this one ended. I am unsure, as these mixed feelings are hard for me to grasp.

(click to show/hide)

With these guys, I am so amazingly grateful in this day and age to have played this game,
(click to show/hide)

Cannot wait until you guys release the Memorial edition patch! <3

EDIT: GIMME DAT TOMOYO AFTER ANIME SERIES, one can always hope :(

Offline Silly Helen

• Closet Otaku
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 22, 2012, 10:48:49 pm »
There is a manga, though. It doesn't illustrate things too well and it is really short, but it shows things in a different perspective.

The thing I'm really, really looking forward to is the Memorial Edition. The fact that Tomoya is voiced and it has extra dialogue and stuff really... rustles my jimmies. Jiggles my giggles. Rambos my stallones.

I'm hoping to see more of Takafumi and Kanako, though. I feel like there was more to their story than what they showed us. :c

Offline NanayaEmiya

• Closet Otaku
  • Siebzehn Dissektion
    • View Profile
    • OtakuNoYoru
« Reply #107 on: October 28, 2012, 11:10:44 am »
Hello everyone, could someone please clarify and confirm this:

"the player must finish eight of the mini RPGs games called “Dungeons & Takafumis” which are available during certain scenarios as the player continues to play the game."   (-from information section, http://doki.co/visual-novels/clannad-tomoyo-after/)

If you've finished D&T, click spoiler:
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
"...So as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works!"

Offline Cellular Mink

• Closet Otaku
  • I'm new here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 18, 2012, 11:33:55 pm »
First of all, I'd like to thank everyone at Doki for releasing this marvelous patch! (Yeah, I know I'm late, so shush. >: O  I was busy finishing the VN!)

It was a joy to play through, and right now, I'm still working on playing Dungeons & Takafumis.  It's an entertaining little game, and the story is hilarious.  (On that same note, Kanako is a riot.  I love her.)

One of my favorite things to do is to play through all of the "bad" endings.
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 04:58:17 pm by Cellular Mink »

Offline Soliloquist

• Closet Otaku
  • I'm new here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 20, 2012, 10:37:04 pm »
On which edition does this English patch work? And where can I actually purchase the version on which the English patch can be applied?

I'm new to this whole visual novel stuff; I thought I'd give it a try.

Help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Offline Yokusuma

• Closet Otaku
  • I'm new here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 23, 2012, 05:56:24 am »
Do I report errors here? I keep getting crashes when the first MV starts loading ... what do I do?  :karuta:

Offline AMH

• Closet Otaku
  • I'm new here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 20, 2012, 06:58:11 pm »
Ugh, I stayed up until 3 AM achieving these feels.

My jaw literally hung open, and I stared at the dialogue for a minute when Tomoyo said
(click to show/hide)

Offline Rokudaime

• Cosplayer
  • Keyfag and Type-Moon junkie
    • View Profile
    • Rokudaime's YouTube account
« Reply #112 on: December 21, 2012, 03:14:13 pm »
@Yokosuma & Soliloquist
I'll reply to both of you in the same post.

Do I report errors here? I keep getting crashes when the first MV starts loading ... what do I do?  :karuta:

Please report errors in the "Tomoyo After Game Error Thread". Read through the topic btw, and the last few pages here: http://doki.co/2012/09/22/tomoyo-after-english-patch-v1/#comments  Chances are your problem has already been posted by someone else and answered before.

On which edition does this English patch work? And where can I actually purchase the version on which the English patch can be applied?

I'm new to this whole visual novel stuff; I thought I'd give it a try.

Help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

This patch is for the Standard/Regular Edition of Tomoyo After. It does not work on the Memorial Edition (which is superior). The patch for the Memorial Edition is being worked on however, and will be out later. As for where you can buy the game...The Memorial Edition is available a few places, but the Regular Edition is extremely hard to come by. Have a look at the thread I posted a link to above, in my response to Yokosuma. I believe the main places where you can get the game are listed there in the comments.
Taisetsu no mono wa, jibun no mite, kite, kangaeru koto sa.

Offline Morlok8k

• Closet Otaku
  • Huh? What? Volleyball?
    • View Profile
    • my github
« Reply #113 on: April 08, 2013, 01:41:08 am »
hey guys, I dont know if this has been mentioned anywhere, but i thought i'd share a small experience:

I'm playing TA on linux (Ubuntu specifically), using the RLVM engine.  In order for TA to load, it requires the font "msgothic.ttc" (MS Gothic) to be in the game directory.
I copied it from my Windows 7 computer.

now, MS Gothic is an ugly font.  So i recommend that you copy "ARIALUNI.TTF" (Arial Unicode) instead, and rename it "msgothic.ttc".  it works fine, and looks SO much better!

Offline Morlok8k

• Closet Otaku
  • Huh? What? Volleyball?
    • View Profile
    • my github
« Reply #114 on: April 10, 2013, 08:42:20 am »
I've noticed that with repeated playing of Tomoyo After, that i'm seeing less and less scenes with the blue leaves/ivy around the text box.  what is the significance of this?

My first play had blue ivy until i got to Tomoyo After: After.  then the leaves vanished for that section.  Now I'm only seeing the leaves occasionally in the earlier sections.

I really noticed this when i had two Tomoyo After games running side by side (one running in RLVM and one in Wine - as i'm using linux).  the Wine window was a fresh install, the RLVM save had been played through a lot.  The fresh save file had the leaves, but the old didnt.

Offline ERIZO

• Closet Otaku
  • I'm new here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 30, 2013, 06:59:21 pm »
> Hello, comrades.
> Who do I speak with about Tomoyo After ME technical issues?
> I would really love to see THIS version of the game in English (and Russian respectively), but before you are done with translation it's like swimming in the ocean of odd squiggles.
> So, to be brief, there are some questions we would like to ask:
> Are there still problems with text insertion into the ME version, if yes - what are they?
> Will there be rlBabel to LB and ME, if not - why? If yes - what problems are there and how are you going to solve them? (or solved them)
> We are interested in the correct memory maps for 1.5.9.1 or 1.6.0.1 engines, we failed to find the correct address for FontQuality, and we are not quite sure about the rest though it still works... + there is no Glosses support in 1.6.0.1.
> Probably we can help solving some problems?
> Eagerly waiting for your reply,
> Yours sincerely, Erizo.