Author Topic: Blick_Winkel - A man(?) shrouded in mystery  (Read 6827 times)

Offline ryuu_zer0

• Closet Otaku
    • View Profile
    • AntaBaka PVs
Blick_Winkel - A man(?) shrouded in mystery
« on: July 28, 2011, 11:49:38 am »
Name: Blick_Winkel
Power rating: 7.5/10
Service: Doki: 3+ months, Elsewhere: unknown
Interests: Every type of Japanese media you can think of.

The origins of Blick_Winkel before he came to Doki are largely unknown. Some say he is on the run from various authorities after being framed for an unknown crime (possibly related to his stash of lolicon hentai), others say he is just another NEET who had been thrown out of his apartment for not paying the rent.
All we know is, late one night he arrived at Holo's doorstep, a lone stranger seeking shelter from a passing storm. He brought with him a wealth of knowledge on all things Japanese, and Holo immediately set about recruiting him into the group. After negotiating a sizable amount of lolis as payment, Blick finally agreed to join as a translator.

If you look hard enough, traces of Blick's influence in the fan-translation world can be seen everywhere, including manga scanlation groups and VN translation projects. However, he is a mysterious character, and no one except for Holo has ever seen his real face.

Once he joined Doki, he very quickly revealed his incredible translating prowess, which led some to question whether he was truly human. Wild rumours soon began circulating. One theory states that he is in fact a translating android developed in secret by the CIA to decipher intercepted communications between members of the sinister organisation known as the Nihon Hikikomori Kyokai (NHK). A rudimentary diagram of such a machine is shown below:

(click to show/hide)

Of course, these claims have yet to be verified, and Blick refuses to answer any questions about them.

He is known around the staff channels as "Mr. Pixiv", as he often likes to share his unique taste for anime-related pics with us. (Like this, for example).
That said, he has subtly suggested that he may have an ulterior motive in linking all of these strange images;
[16:01:04] <&Blick_Winkel> My goal is to make everyone here go blind
[16:01:11] <&Blick_Winkel> scar their eyes permanently

Despite all this, he remains the ever-reliable go-to person whenever there are any TL-related issues or questions, and valued member of the Doki family.

Offline Assasin_Cross

• Shana's husband
  • Closet Otaku
  • King of Hell
    • View Profile
Re: Blick_Winkel - A man(?) shrouded in mystery
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2011, 02:56:44 pm »
I hear he comes from the future  :o
Shouganai ne~

Offline Mimori

• Closet Otaku
  • ねこの森には帰れない
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr~
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2011, 12:15:23 pm »
I love these threads so, so much. :D

Offline AzureHakua

• Half-Ghost Seeking Death
  • Cosplayer
  • Kore de ii?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2011, 08:50:39 pm »
That input/output image is hilarious lol. I do enjoy working with Blick :3

Offline PolynAzn

• C-Box Member
  • Tsundere
  • I'm just a lurker, leecher, hater and troll!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2011, 12:14:00 pm »
Maybe it's just Holo.....
I stole something from Halo.... Guess what it is 3:D