Author Topic: why doki doesn't upload to nyaa anymore?  (Read 15143 times)

Offline titsy

• Closet Otaku
  • I'm new here!
    • View Profile
why doki doesn't upload to nyaa anymore?
« on: September 18, 2016, 06:56:58 am »
yes you heard it, i wanna know why doki doesn't upload to nyaa anymore?
i am sure it's not about the quality of the work since nothing beats doki to it
so please tell me why?  i am dying to know

Offline Holo

• Administrator
  • Tsundere
    • View Profile
    • Doki Fansubs
Re: why doki doesn't upload to nyaa anymore?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2016, 09:03:42 pm »
This question has been asked by the anime community many many times, and here's an answer I wrote a while ago on another site.

----
We don't use Nyaa. This isn't by choice. A long time ago we were on Nyaa, but to cut a long story short, someone impersonating Power2All reported Nyaa's domain to ICANN, and Nyaa found out about it. He thought it was actually P2A, but seriously, who would report someone with their own name? Clearly P2A was framed, but Nyaa thought otherwise. Anyway, he demanded that P2A be booted, or else he'd ban us from Nyaa. I backed P2A, and hence here we are today. Incidentally, I have tried to bury the hatchet with Nyaa, since P2A hasn't been in Doki for years, and it's in everyone's best interests to make up. Anyway, Nyaa wasn't interested at all, and so to this day we are still banned from Nyaa.
----

Offline titsy

• Closet Otaku
  • I'm new here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2016, 06:02:40 pm »
This question has been asked by the anime community many many times, and here's an answer I wrote a while ago on another site.

----
We don't use Nyaa. This isn't by choice. A long time ago we were on Nyaa, but to cut a long story short, someone impersonating Power2All reported Nyaa's domain to ICANN, and Nyaa found out about it. He thought it was actually P2A, but seriously, who would report someone with their own name? Clearly P2A was framed, but Nyaa thought otherwise. Anyway, he demanded that P2A be booted, or else he'd ban us from Nyaa. I backed P2A, and hence here we are today. Incidentally, I have tried to bury the hatchet with Nyaa, since P2A hasn't been in Doki for years, and it's in everyone's best interests to make up. Anyway, Nyaa wasn't interested at all, and so to this day we are still banned from Nyaa.
----

i see now, thnx for that explanation but if you take my opinion then i think AniDex is way better than nyaa (reason: firstly everyone has to make an account so no one can spam unlike nyaa + very much modern sort of an interface, group division probably the best thing to do, i know AniDex is going to get better of than nyaa)

Offline Holo

• Administrator
  • Tsundere
    • View Profile
    • Doki Fansubs
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2016, 05:19:16 pm »
Nyaa's refusal to change the way his tracker is administered and his choice of moderators will lead the downfall of his tracker sooner or later.
People only use Nyaa because they don't know any other viable alternative... I'm sure that as AniDex gets more popular, more people will come over. It's only a matter of time.

Offline orchid13

• Closet Otaku
  • Beast is unchained, untamed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2017, 07:49:00 pm »
Nyaa's refusal to change the way his tracker is administered and his choice of moderators will lead the downfall of his tracker sooner or later.
People only use Nyaa because they don't know any other viable alternative... I'm sure that as AniDex gets more popular, more people will come over. It's only a matter of time.

Yeah, true that . Its just people didnt have viable option until anided was not in scene. But unlike yesterday things have changed and people will come to anidex more and more day by day.

Job well done Holo. :lingyin:
"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof."

Offline orchid13

• Closet Otaku
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2017, 08:16:29 pm »
Also the mods were the worst part of the site, like they demotivate new people and new groups. Also upon asking for trusted staus you will get more abuse and else rather than some appreciation. They wont check ur studd or reply u with what u were lacking and else. So, you will never know that wether they  even checked it or not. And the mods were biased in many case and scenario.
"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof."

Offline Knuckalex

• Closet Otaku
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2017, 07:20:30 pm »
I'm sure that as AniDex gets more popular, more people will come over. It's only a matter of time.

Yes, and here i am \o/

Well, even if i'm a little dust from nyaa's mess, i just don't get why they were that popular...
I don't know from other countries but, from Google France for exemple, it's just like only nyaa was existing !

Looking for new trackers, i checked randomly who was "anidex.moe:6969" from a big list found on the web... Lucky coincidence :konata:

Offline orchid13

• Closet Otaku
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2017, 06:06:02 pm »
You should close this thread or archive it. As doki have continued to uploading again on nyaa.si. :katja:

Offline Holo

• Administrator
  • Tsundere
    • View Profile
    • Doki Fansubs
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2017, 02:08:24 am »
All mention of nyaa refers to nyaa.se. With their demise, this matter is now history.

We have a good relationship with the new nyaa (nyaa.si), therefore I am closing this topic.