Discussion Forums > Visual Novels

Tomoyo After

<< < (23/24) > >>

Yokusuma:
Do I report errors here? I keep getting crashes when the first MV starts loading ... what do I do?  :karuta:

AMH:
Ugh, I stayed up until 3 AM achieving these feels.

My jaw literally hung open, and I stared at the dialogue for a minute when Tomoyo said (click to show/hide)she has been going through the same painful cycle of his memory loss for THREE YEARS. Telling the same story, going to the same places. Even Tomoya got tired of her asking about it at the end of the week, yet she did it every 10 days with a smile on her face.

Also, I finally playing after 100%ing the original Clannad and AS back in 2008 or so and reading the Tomoyo After manga around then (because Tomoyo was my favorite character), so I sort of knew what type of ending to expect. However, it does seem like he just has a speech and walking impediment, and he's starting to recover. I didn't get the impression that he dies, which would be too sad for Tomoyo :( All because of that damn rain in the village! So what makes people think he died?

Rokudaime:
@Yokosuma & Soliloquist
I'll reply to both of you in the same post.

--- Quote from: Yokusuma on November 23, 2012, 05:56:24 am ---Do I report errors here? I keep getting crashes when the first MV starts loading ... what do I do?  :karuta:

--- End quote ---

Please report errors in the "Tomoyo After Game Error Thread". Read through the topic btw, and the last few pages here: http://doki.co/2012/09/22/tomoyo-after-english-patch-v1/#comments  Chances are your problem has already been posted by someone else and answered before.

--- Quote from: Soliloquist on November 20, 2012, 10:37:04 pm ---On which edition does this English patch work? And where can I actually purchase the version on which the English patch can be applied?

I'm new to this whole visual novel stuff; I thought I'd give it a try.

Help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

--- End quote ---

This patch is for the Standard/Regular Edition of Tomoyo After. It does not work on the Memorial Edition (which is superior). The patch for the Memorial Edition is being worked on however, and will be out later. As for where you can buy the game...The Memorial Edition is available a few places, but the Regular Edition is extremely hard to come by. Have a look at the thread I posted a link to above, in my response to Yokosuma. I believe the main places where you can get the game are listed there in the comments.

Morlok8k:
hey guys, I dont know if this has been mentioned anywhere, but i thought i'd share a small experience:

I'm playing TA on linux (Ubuntu specifically), using the RLVM engine.  In order for TA to load, it requires the font "msgothic.ttc" (MS Gothic) to be in the game directory.
I copied it from my Windows 7 computer.

now, MS Gothic is an ugly font.  So i recommend that you copy "ARIALUNI.TTF" (Arial Unicode) instead, and rename it "msgothic.ttc".  it works fine, and looks SO much better!

Morlok8k:
I've noticed that with repeated playing of Tomoyo After, that i'm seeing less and less scenes with the blue leaves/ivy around the text box.  what is the significance of this?

My first play had blue ivy until i got to Tomoyo After: After.  then the leaves vanished for that section.  Now I'm only seeing the leaves occasionally in the earlier sections.

I really noticed this when i had two Tomoyo After games running side by side (one running in RLVM and one in Wine - as i'm using linux).  the Wine window was a fresh install, the RLVM save had been played through a lot.  The fresh save file had the leaves, but the old didnt.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version